Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Look at the height difference between the driver & passenger seat. Don't think anyone in the other thread getting their panties all bunched up need to worry about it.
Wow, that must be like 4-5 inches of travel?
Sponsored

Jolteon

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
Do you know the physical dial that is on the screen for only sound? A birdy told me with OTA updates that dial might be getting the ability to do more than that.
God I hope so. Even in my S550 I don't think I ever touched the volume knob. Why when there's a steering wheel button for it. I always assumed Mach-E's knob did more.

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 RR ME FE, '22 Corsair GT, '22 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Benefit Fund Administrator
Country flag
God I hope so. Even in my S550 I don't think I ever touched the volume knob. Why when there's a steering wheel button for it. I always assumed Mach-E's knob did more.
Darren Palmer said as much on one of the Webcasts

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
Wow, that must be like 4-5 inches of travel?
Which is trivially achieved by reclining one seat more than the other. I can't see seat height in this photo.

My dad has had a hip and both knees replaced, and has heavy arthritis. He can get in and out of my Fiesta without too much trouble. I'd have to imagine it will be significantly easier with a bit just a bit more seat height, and even more so with additional leg room especially with a larger door opening. (His most difficult part of getting in and out is swinging his legs through the door frame.)

ARK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
I believe we’d previously heard they wouldn’t be completely flat. However, this is one of the rare pics where we do see the floor can be raised on the tabs for more of a flat cargo area than a sunken one.
I wonder if it will make a difference how flat the seats get between the standard range and extended range models. I’ve been trying to figure out where the difference in interior space between the two comes from exactly if the extended range has more batteries under the rear seats.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I wonder if it will make a difference how flat the seats get between the standard range and extended range models. I’ve been trying to figure out where the difference in interior space between the two comes from exactly if the extended range has more batteries under the rear seats.
According to Ford's website, the difference in cargo is between RWD and AWD, which while it doesn't make sense that's how they're reporting it. I suppose it would make sense that the difference is that the cover in AWD cars has one position (the higher one), while the RWD has two. Next week when the cars are at dealerships would be a good time to check out the AWD's compared to RWD's (if both are present).

Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach-E Town Hall Sessions on Cybersecurity, Driving and Launch Screen Shot 2020-10-16 at 11.15.38 PM

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
Thai-Tang Outlines Company Vision for ‘Double Transformation’ at FREE

Thai-Tang said the learning for Ford is that once vehicles become connected there’s a whole new game to be played in terms of value creation.

“It’s about recurring revenue rather than this transaction model where I sell you a car and I hope you come back in six years and buy another one,” he said. “This is one of the theatres of growth in our industry that we have to capitalize on.”
I sincerely hope this value creation is not simply a one way street with Ford monetizing everything like google. Customers will pay for real value added features and in this case via OTA updates I assume. But customers will also expect not pay for every thing in a nickel and dime fashion and some key features or safety enhancements are provided free. There has to be a give and take, and Ford should not be monetizing at the cost of our privacy.

ARK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
According to Ford's website, the difference in cargo is between RWD and AWD, which while it doesn't make sense that's how they're reporting it. I suppose it would make sense that the difference is that the cover in AWD cars has one position (the higher one), while the RWD has two. Next week when the cars are at dealerships would be a good time to check out the AWD's compared to RWD's (if both are present).

Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach-E Town Hall Sessions on Cybersecurity, Driving and Launch Screen Shot 2020-10-16 at 11.15.38 PM
Thanks I had misread that then. Any guess on what the AWDs would need in the rear given that all MMEs must already have a motor on the rear axle and there is no driveshaft?

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
Thanks I had misread that then. Any guess on what the AWDs would need in the rear given that all MMEs must already have a motor on the rear axle and there is no driveshaft?
I'd make sure to compare the two frunks. If the specs are remotely accurate about a rear cargo difference, then maybe there's an extra DC inverter in the rear area?

Reactions: ARK

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
My impression all along was that the differences in cargo capacity were due to the battery configuration between the SR and ER.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach-E Town Hall Sessions on Cybersecurity, Driving and Launch 67BF5C78-4867-422E-9EE1-09856CA05542
Early reporting on the battery packs indicated that both packs use the same enclosure. In the standard battery, the upper level of the enclosure is unoccupied. In either case, the upper level is under the rear bench cushion.

Though unlikely, this case design may have changed. Or there's something else besides the pack that is taking up the storage volume.

ARK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
My impression all along was that the differences in cargo capacity were due to the battery configuration between the SR and ER.
Early reporting on the battery packs indicated that both packs use the same enclosure. In the standard battery, the upper level of the enclosure is unoccupied. In either case, the upper level is under the rear bench cushion.

Though unlikely, this case design may have changed. Or there's something else besides the pack that is taking up the storage volume.
Ahh, that would make sense. Otherwise I was going to say maybe they don’t count it towards interior space if there is a bit more room under the rear bench.

Interesting graphic choice between the two types of battery packs on the Ford website if the enclosure of the packs are identical in shape in both the standard range and extended range.

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
Interesting graphic choice between the two types of battery packs on the Ford website if the enclosure of the packs are identical in shape in both the standard range and extended range.
Agreed. Either the reporting about pack design isn't right, or the marketing team felt that this inaccuracy was the best way to visually convey range options.
Sponsored