Mach-E vs. 2025 Lucid Gravity

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
Yeah, I get that.

I'm just saying that for what you're getting (e.g. 3 rows, 440-mile range, neater pano roof), I think it'll be worth it for some people to keep going up, or even make a lateral move.

And in any case, if 3 rows and 440 miles of range are your thing, you don't have any other option than to look for something upper-scale.
But do you get all of that for $80k?

Iā€™m guessing no.

For the Lucid Air, it starts at $77k.

Want the larger range? Gotta buy the grand touring for around $140,000.

Iā€™m putting the chance of getting 440 miles of range in the $80k version near 0%. https://www.motortrend.com/news/lucid-air-trims-what-we-know/amp/

That and they donā€™t come even remotely close to their range estimates-

https://www.edmunds.com/car-news/te... own 2022 Lucid Air,EPA estimate of 516 miles.
Sponsored

jasdf2345

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium
Country flag
No doubt the Mach-E is getting long in the tooth for an EV, but I do enjoy the hard plastic for the frunk. Since I'm not fancy enough to afford a Lucid anytime soon, putting takeout/messy crap in the frunk really comes in handy - since I don't have any servants to transport that for me šŸ˜
long in the tooth? It's only been out a couple of years! It's light-years ahead of just about every other car on the market.

Last edited:
Reactions: ARK

kltye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
IB MME Premium RWD
Country flag
long in the tooth? It's only been out a couple of years! It's light-years ahead of just about every other car on the market.
Light-years ahead of other EVs? Pretty slow charging, meh performance for single motor versions, so-so efficiency with poor aerodynamics, sluggish infotainment with poor UI and functionality.

I'm not saying it's a bad car, but it's nowhere near cutting-edge.

jasdf2345

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium
Country flag
Light-years ahead of other EVs? Pretty slow charging, meh performance for single motor versions, so-so efficiency with poor aerodynamics, sluggish infotainment with poor UI and functionality.

I'm not saying it's a bad car, but it's nowhere near cutting-edge.
It's still a car, just like a gas car, it's a mode of transportation. When you look at the market as a whole, the Mach-E is still light years ahead of most vehicles on the road. The things you are mentioning to me, are very minor things, and secondary to actually driving the vehicle and using it for its intended purpose.

This is beginning to feel like Android phone spec wars šŸ¤£. Things that only really matter on paper.

kindofblue

First Name
Reid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue Mach e Premium 11/5/22, '23 BMW i4 40
Occupation
Psychologist & developer of digital tools for alcohol misuse
Country flag
It's way too big for my needs.

Mach-E VLOG

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
machevlog.com
Vehicles
Mach-E GT PE - Grabber Blue - Blucifer Twocifer
Country flag
The Gravity is also too big for my needs but it looks good in person. I'm impressed with the ~$80,000 starting price, but I wonder what that will include and what the range will be at that price point. Looking at it up close, it seems to be premium quality and they put a lot of attention to the details.

Our first look:
Sponsored