Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
machevlog.com
Vehicles
Mach-E GT PE - Grabber Blue - Blucifer Twocifer
Country flag
Here is a recording of the first of 4 Mach-E Web Sessions hosted by Ford. This one was about the design of the Mach-E. The featured presenters were:

Jason Castriota: Global Brand Director
Christopher Walter: Exterior Design Manager

Following their presentation, they hosted a Q&A with participant questions about the design and the design process.

Enjoy!

Sponsored

Yoliber

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
TM3 SR+
Country flag
Thank you for posting.

maybe I missed it, but will the GT have a panoramic sunroof? Someone asked in the comments but it was ignored. Eddie Fernandez said something about it but it was garbled and I couldn’t tell if it was a statement or a question that was glossed over.

OP
OP
Mach-E VLOG

Mach-E VLOG

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
machevlog.com
Vehicles
Country flag
Thank you for posting.

maybe I missed it, but will the GT have a panoramic sunroof? Someone asked in the comments but it was ignored. Eddie Fernandez said something about it but it was garbled and I couldn’t tell if it was a statement or a question that was glossed over.
I had trouble hearing that part too. I thought I saw in these forums previously that the GT would come with a steel roof but a glass roof would be available in a package.

eager2own

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Porsche Panamera S e-Hybrid
Country flag
I had trouble hearing that part too. I thought I saw in these forums previously that the GT would come with a steel roof but a glass roof would be available in a package.
Back before the GT details were removed from the Compare Models tab on the official page, it showed the panoramic roof as “O” (optional) for the GT. Hopefully, that won’t be changed when the final options and packages are released.

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
Thank you for posting.

Hopefully it comes with a glass roof option and isn't insanely expensive. The GT prototype they've been showing off has it though so I'm sure it'll be offered.

The only problem with the glass roof is the weight. It's something like 200lbs heavier than your standard metal roof which throws off handling dynamics and acceleration/braking due to the top load position.

Thevanin

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'09 Ford Focus, '78 Cadillac DeVille
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Country flag
The real meat of this comes in the Q&A at the end. People asked about drag and aerodynamics, ~50 min in. The designers said that they couldn't give all of the details, but the numbers "are really good and the car exceeded the benchmark we wanted to achieve ... which lets us enable some of the great range numbers we're getting".

They also mentioned that the home charger ordering info comes out later this month.

EyeOnMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E 4X. Prev: Restored a 67 Mustang convertible
Country flag
Something was off about this webinar at least with regards to asking questions via the Q&A section of the Webex. I asked multiple questions which not only did not get answered but didn't appear in the video reply provided above. So either my questions some how did not go through or they were controlling the questions that get asked. Just seemed odd, and I'll admit, a little frustrating.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Something was off about this webinar at least with regards to asking questions via the Q&A section of the Webex. I asked multiple questions which not only did not get answered but didn't appear in the video reply provided above. So either my questions some how did not go through or they were controlling the questions that get asked. Just seemed odd, and I'll admit, a little frustrating.
They had the audience highly compartmentalized on Q&A. I saw some Q&A, including John's, but not some they quoted. It was a very odd implementation of Webex.

Yoliber

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
TM3 SR+
Country flag
Hopefully it comes with a glass roof option and isn't insanely expensive. The GT prototype they've been showing off has it though so I'm sure it'll be offered.

The only problem with the glass roof is the weight. It's something like 200lbs heavier than your standard metal roof which throws off handling dynamics and acceleration/braking due to the top load position.
I'm on the fence because a glass roof also adds more reverberation and wind noise. I think it depends on the cost for me.

Petter

First Name
Petter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Transit (2017), Mustang Mach-E, FE (2021)
Occupation
Media manager/editor
Country flag
Thanks for sharing @Mach-E VLOG! At about 53:20 onwards Mr. Castriota is talking about the Grabber Blue colour (which is my choice). He says that it's not a traditional Grabber Blue, "it's actually a .... version of it". Do any of you get what the missing word was?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mach-E VLOG

Mach-E VLOG

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
machevlog.com
Vehicles
Country flag
Thanks for sharing @Mach-E VLOG! At about 53:20 onwards Mr. Castriota is talking about the Grebber Blue colour (which is my choice). He says that it's not at traditional Grabber Blue, "it's actually a .... version of it". Do any of you get what the missing word was?
In the order form, it says it is Grabber Blue Metallic. From what I have seen, it is a subtle "metallic" so it has an almost pearlescent look to it. @jdmrc93 did a ride along in one, so he may be able to describe it better. I saw it at the LA Auto show but the show lights make it hard to tell the true color of any of the cars.

DaveRuns

Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag
In the order form, it says it is Grabber Blue Metallic. From what I have seen, it is a subtle "metallic" so it has an almost pearlescent look to it. @jdmrc93 did a ride along in one, so he may be able to describe it better. I saw it at the LA Auto show but the show lights make it hard to tell the true color of any of the cars.
Keep pumping out those YouTube videos!
Sponsored