Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
machevlog.com
Vehicles
Mach-E GT PE - Grabber Blue - Blucifer Twocifer
Country flag
The 3rd of 4 webinars focused on the Interior Design of the Mach-E. It was presented by:
Rachael Robinson: Senior Interior Designer
Josh Greiner: Senior Interior Designer

After the presentation, a Q&A session was hosted by the presenters.

Enjoy!

Sponsored

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
The 3rd of 4 webinars focused on the Interior Design of the Mach-E. It was presented by:
Rachael Robinson: Senior Interior Designer
Josh Greiner: Senior Interior Designer

After the presentation, a Q&A session was hosted by the presenters.

Enjoy!
thank you again for continuing to do this.

OP
OP
Mach-E VLOG

Mach-E VLOG

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
machevlog.com
Vehicles
Country flag
I cleaned up the chat answers and Q&A text a bit more:

The Heathered Grey fabric on the B&O speaker grille material used in the Mustang Mach-E was designed purposely by Harman for sound quality and can be wiped with a damp cloth to remove light dust.

The high voltage battery lies flat under the floor between the front and rear axle. Unlike a traditional vehicle with an aspirated engine an all-electric vehicle does not have a transmission tunnel. Therefore creating more interior space. The reduction in cargo space (cubic in.) on the Extended Range Mustang Mach-E vs the Standard Range Mustang Mach-E has to do with the incremental cells in the extended range battery. The cargo area is flat and also adjustable in height to be flat when the 2nd row seats fold flat.

ActiveX is a high-end synthetic seating material that is designed to fit perfectly for an active lifestyle. It is easier to clean, resistant to staining, and more durable than leather, plus it maintains a premium look and feel over time
ActiveX does not include any animal-based material

The Panoramic Fixed-Glass Roof has a special reflective (low-emissivity) coating on the glass and an inner layer combine to help protect the cabin from infrared and ultraviolet light. The reflective cabin helps keep the cabin cool in the summer and warm in the winter.

The Onyx black interior color is 'black' not charcoal.

The rear visibility is excellent. The Ford Co-Pilot 360 Technology suite with Ford Co-Pilot 2.0 BLIS, Lane-keeping system, Review Camera aid the driver and the available 360-Degree Camera with split-view display supplements driver rear visibility.

The 2nd row 60-40 split is more conducive for situations in which you wish for one section of the seat to fold flat and to also allow for 2nd row passengers. The 60 side of the seat has fold down armrests too.

The Mustang Mach-E is an SUV. Based on the vehicle architecture and design the seating position of the front driver and passenger is in the same likeness of a SUV driver seat height and view over the front hood.

The Panoramic Fixed Glass roof does not self-tint.

The Lower Anchors and Tether Anchors for Children (LATCH) are located in the 2nd-row outboard seating positions.

The Front Trunk dividers are installed at the manufacturing plant and attached with the intent as non-removal.

In the situation in which a Driver Profile has been established and the Phone as a Key is activated thru FordPass - the seat position will be reflected.

The pre-production images reflect the trunk without dividers. The front truck will come from the manufacturing plant with dividers for safety.

The B&O Sound system by Bang & Olufsen has 10 speakers ( 4 front; 4 rear; 1 center; 1 subwoofer)

Q: The second row seats fold what, but what about the passenger seat ? (Like to carry 8 foot board)
A: Yes as Rachael just mentioned - fold completely flat!

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 RR ME FE, '22 Corsair GT, '22 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Benefit Fund Administrator
Country flag
The last two webcasts have been really good and informative. Thanks for helping us not wait a WEEK for Ford to post it on Youtube! I want to watch again this weekend.

DaveRuns

Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag

The Heathered Grey fabric on the B&O speaker grille material used in the Mustang Mach-E was designed purposely by Harman for sound quality and can be wiped with a damp cloth to remove light dust.

The high voltage battery lies flat under the floor between the front and rear axle. Unlike a traditional vehicle with an aspirated engine an all-electric vehicle does not have a transmission tunnel. Therefore creating more interior space. The reduction in cargo space (cubic in.) on the Extended Range Mustang Mach-E vs the Standard Range Mustang Mach-E has to do with the incremental cells in the extended range battery. The cargo area is flat and also adjustable in height to be flat when the 2nd row seats fold flat.

ActiveX is a high-end synthetic seating material that is designed to fit perfectly for an active lifestyle. It is easier to clean, resistant to staining, and more durable than leather, plus it maintains a premium look and feel over time

The Panoramic Fixed-Glass Roof has a special reflective (low-emissivity) coating on the glass and an inner layer combine to help protect the cabin from infrared and ultraviolet light. The reflective cabin helps keep the cabin cool in the summer and warm in the winter.

The rear visibility is excellent. The Ford Co-Pilot 360 Technology suite with Ford Co-Pilot 2.0 BLIS, Lane-keeping system, Review Camera aid the driver and the available 360-Degree Camera with split-view display supplements driver rear visibility.

The 2nd row 60-40 split is more conducive for situations in which you wish for one section of the seat to fold flat and to also allow for 2nd row passengers. The 60 side of the seat has fold down armrests too.

The Mustang Mach-E is an SUV. Based on the vehicle architecture and design the seating position of the front driver and passenger is in the same likeness of a SUV driver seat height and view over the front hood.

The Lower Anchors and Tether Anchors for Children (LATCH) are located in the 2nd-row outboard seating positions.

The Front Trunk dividers are installed at the manufacturing plant and attached with the intent as non-removal.

In the situation in which a Driver Profile has been established and the Phone as a Key is activated thru FordPass - the seat position will be reflected.

The pre-production images reflect the trunk without dividers. The front truck will come from the manufacturing plant with dividers for safety.

The B&O Sound system by Bang & Olufsen has 10 speakers ( 4 front; 4 rear; 1 center; 1 subwoofer)

Q: The second row seats fold what, but what about the passenger seat ? (Like to carry 8 foot board)
For your next T-Shirt idea, you could go with: "Get Frunked".....with a cool Electric Pony logo. Something like that.

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
For your next T-Shirt idea, you could go with: "Get Frunked".....with a cool Electric Pony logo. Something like that.
maybe some kind of variant of this shirt, that I got at Five Below a while back...
Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach-E Web Series Part 3: Interior Design 1601643609483

the gf says she doesn't like this one but she can't put her finger on why...

JoelOclock

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E Premium ER AWD
Country flag
Front trunk dividers “attached with the intent as non-removal.” Interesting way to put it. Hope I can unscrew and remove

OP
OP
Mach-E VLOG

Mach-E VLOG

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
machevlog.com
Vehicles
Country flag
Front trunk dividers “attached with the intent as non-removal.” Interesting way to put it. Hope I can unscrew and remove
Yeah, and apparently it is for "safety." I want to know more about what safety reasons there could be for it. If it is not something of concern for me I will try to modify it so it is easy to remove as needed.

Jolteon

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
Wait what, the front trunk divider is standard? And can't be removed? What if we don't want it? When did this happen?

That infamous "frunk shrimp" ad had no divider... just think how much shrimp serving potential we'll lose with it installed.

Thevanin

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'09 Ford Focus, '78 Cadillac DeVille
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Country flag
They addressed it in the webinar last night.

Jolteon

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
Yeah, and apparently it is for "safety." I want to know more about what safety reasons there could be for it. If it is not something of concern for me I will try to modify it so it is easy to remove as needed.
Oh... "safety" as in "we needed extra front crush structure for our crash rating?"

OP
OP
Mach-E VLOG

Mach-E VLOG

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
machevlog.com
Vehicles
Country flag
Oh... "safety" as in "we needed extra front crush structure for our crash rating?"
We don't know. One thought is that it is for the crush zone. Another theory is that it may be to prevent a small child or animal from somehow being closed in the frunk. It looks like there is an emergency release in the frunk, so I'm not sure about that. It is confusing and I hope we get an answer.

RyZt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E4X
Country flag
@Mach-E VLOG Thank you for the text version. It's really helpful!

Video isn't always the best media for certain information. But fewer and fewer people are providing text for video profit sharing reasons.

The "safety" part is interesting. It will be great if there can be more information.

J Duce

First Name
Jean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Explorer Sport
Country flag

Thanks for compiling all the info from yesterday's presentation. I was happy to be on it.

One answer that did puzzle me and I have to take their word for it as designers, was about the panoramic roof. They mentioned that the fixed glass roof does not self-tint. I could have sworn one of our fellow members who recently went on the ride-along indicated that there was observable tinting depending on amount of sun light. Did I mis-read that?
Sponsored