Electric Goat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Mach-E GT
Occupation
3x HVBJB Failure Tester
Country flag
Yeah my MME GT is causing marital problems also. My wife also has a Subaru but she absolutely hates my car because it's bouncy, bumpy and generally uncomfortable compared to her Outback. Also, the lack of fast charging stations, slow winter charging and limited winter range are other commonly heard complaints.

With that said, I'm glad that she doesn't try to drive my car and that she prefers hers. šŸ˜‚
Sponsored

Msnwcpa

First Name
Manny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mme ordered, Lexus hybrid, Toyota hybrid
Occupation
IT
Does anyone else fight with their spouse over who gets to drive the MME?!? We bought my wife a Subaru Accent over the summer, a car she had wanted for a while. She then proceeded to make fun of me for my MME obsession while I waited for a December delivery. NOW she drives the MME anytime she can and asks to swap cars whenever she has a longer drive to ā€œsave gas.ā€ I didnā€™t think she would have any interest in the car and now sheā€™s the one who is obsessed šŸ˜‚.
šŸ¤£ Same here

OP
OP
axelheimer24

axelheimer24

First Name
Axel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22ā€™ MME Premium ER eAWD Dark Matter Grey
Country flag
@Mach-E VLOG how do you and Liv decide who gets to drive Blucifer Twocifer?

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Does anyone else fight with their spouse over who gets to drive the MME?!? We bought my wife a Subaru Accent over the summer, a car she had wanted for a while. She then proceeded to make fun of me for my MME obsession while I waited for a December delivery. NOW she drives the MME anytime she can and asks to swap cars whenever she has a longer drive to ā€œsave gas.ā€ I didnā€™t think she would have any interest in the car and now sheā€™s the one who is obsessed šŸ˜‚.
Yeah. I had a similar problem so I moved out and took the car with me. Problem solved. :)

OP
OP
axelheimer24

axelheimer24

First Name
Axel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22ā€™ MME Premium ER eAWD Dark Matter Grey
Country flag
Oh. That was smart. Why didn't I think of that?
Hopefully this thread and the solutions proposed can save a few relationships. Itā€™s good to understand your options.

minders

First Name
Mindee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 MME Premium AWD ER Space White, 21 Model 3 LR
Occupation
Housewife & Student
Country flag
No problems here, but I have yet to let hubby drive my MME even though he is the one paying for it. I HAVE let him sit in the driver seat once or twice, tho. šŸ¤£ In all fairness, I have never asked to drive his M3. He has jokingly threatened to take it to work a few times to join the other MME, but we haven't gotten a parking sticker for it yet. Luckily he's not a CUV/SUV kind of person, so I don't have to worry too much.

@Pioneer74 As much as I love my MME, I'd also love to have the Lightning and would have a hard time deciding which to drive if we had both!! That would drive me nuts. Haha

minders

First Name
Mindee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 MME Premium AWD ER Space White, 21 Model 3 LR
Occupation
Housewife & Student
Country flag
Good thing Iā€™m a dog. šŸ¤ŖšŸ©
That's who you really gotta watch out for!! Look at the shifty eyes on my Maltipoo trying to say, "Steal the Camaro? Who? Me? Naah!"

dittodriver.jpg

ChuckA

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜21 MME Premium AWD ER in Infinite Blue
Occupation
Accountant-Retired
Country flag
Been married 45 years. It way my decision we wanted this car and it was her turn to get the new one. She was happy with her Kia Sorento but it was 9 years old and got 16 mpg on a good day.

Like the saying, ā€œwhatā€™s mine is hers and what herā€™s is herā€™sā€. My wife drives it except when weā€™re together, I drive.

heisnuts

First Name
Darrel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Performance
Country flag
I have the opposite problem. After my first HVBJB replacement she was hesitant to even be a passenger. After the second replacement she was even more hesitant and after the third replacement there is no way she will drive it solo. It is also why I have no chance of taking it on a long road trip unless I am going soloā€¦ šŸ˜‚

BigMach-E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GTPE Shadow Black 2021
Occupation
IT
Country flag
My SO likes my car, but still thinks of EVs as being a little impractical for her taste. Itā€™s fine, she loves Mazdas. Got her into a sweet CX-5 premium plus. Ventilated and heated seats, real leather everywhere, and itā€™s comfortable. The HUD is pretty sick. Itā€™s a really good SUV. It just doesnā€™t have the power and speed that I am now addicted to. She loves her car, I love mine. It works out. I donā€™t really care to drive hers, she doesnā€™t really care to drive mine.

Mach-E VLOG

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
machevlog.com
Vehicles
Mach-E GT PE - Grabber Blue - Blucifer Twocifer
Country flag
@Mach-E VLOG how do you and Liv decide who gets to drive Blucifer Twocifer?
It's sorta easy for us because I LOVE to drive and often driving is actually painful for her with her prosthetic. And the GT is harder for her to drive compared to the First Edition since it is more powerful -- something we didn't fully consider. But the new brake pedal mapping has been helpful.
Sponsored