First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
It's sorta easy for us because I LOVE to drive and often driving is actually painful for her with her prosthetic. And the GT is harder for her to drive compared to the First Edition since it is more powerful -- something we didn't fully consider. But the new brake pedal mapping has been helpful.
I'm looking forward to watching or reading @Liv's Bolt content (or whatever is ultimately v.Next).
Sponsored

dmastro

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Premium AWD (ordered), 2018 Tesla M3
Country flag
Yeah, sometimes my wife makes me drive the MME so she can drive the Tesla. Irritating.

Liv

First Name
Liv
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1998 RAV4 Art Car
Occupation
BioCAD Engineer
Country flag
I'm looking forward to watching or reading @Liv's Bolt content (or whatever is ultimately v.Next).
aww ❤ man we almost pulled the trigger then the price drops really flipped the market! I am so looking forward to adding another EV to our stable!

67 Stang Convertible

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1967 Mustang, 2013 Kia Optima, 2018 Kia Sportage
Occupation
Physician
Country flag
aww ❤ man we almost pulled the trigger then the price drops really flipped the market! I am so looking forward to adding another EV to our stable!
Liv, why are you going Bolt? Just curious since you guys have been doing this for a few years, it would be interesting to hear your perspective.

67 Stang Convertible

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1967 Mustang, 2013 Kia Optima, 2018 Kia Sportage
Occupation
Physician
Country flag
Does anyone else fight with their spouse over who gets to drive the MME?!? We bought my wife a Subaru Accent over the summer, a car she had wanted for a while. She then proceeded to make fun of me for my MME obsession while I waited for a December delivery. NOW she drives the MME anytime she can and asks to swap cars whenever she has a longer drive to “save gas.” I didn’t think she would have any interest in the car and now she’s the one who is obsessed 😂.
I don't worry about my wife. She dislikes driving the MME all because of a few rules I have. (No eating in the car, No feet on the dash, if you have to drink then it has to be in a cup that does not "sweat" and has a cover (like a yeti)). Yes, I'm that guy!!!

OP
OP
axelheimer24

axelheimer24

First Name
Axel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22’ MME Premium ER eAWD Dark Matter Grey
Country flag
I have the opposite problem. After my first HVBJB replacement she was hesitant to even be a passenger. After the second replacement she was even more hesitant and after the third replacement there is no way she will drive it solo. It is also why I have no chance of taking it on a long road trip unless I am going solo… 😂
Well you have certainly found the limits of the car 😆!

Electric Goat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Mach-E GT
Occupation
3x HVBJB Failure Tester
Country flag
I have the opposite problem. After my first HVBJB replacement she was hesitant to even be a passenger. After the second replacement she was even more hesitant and after the third replacement there is no way she will drive it solo. It is also why I have no chance of taking it on a long road trip unless I am going solo… 😂
That's absolutely wild that you've had your HVBJB on your premium replaced 3x already. You'd probably be up to 6 replacements if you had purchased a GT instead. 🤣

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Other vehicle is an F-150. She doesn't like driving it. Mach-E is the main vehicle, truck rarely moves.

SprManKalEl

First Name
Gerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD
Country flag
Does anyone else fight with their spouse over who gets to drive the MME?!? We bought my wife a Subaru Accent over the summer, a car she had wanted for a while. She then proceeded to make fun of me for my MME obsession while I waited for a December delivery. NOW she drives the MME anytime she can and asks to swap cars whenever she has a longer drive to “save gas.” I didn’t think she would have any interest in the car and now she’s the one who is obsessed 😂.
My husband and I don't fight over who gets to drive the MME because we each got one.

OP
OP
axelheimer24

axelheimer24

First Name
Axel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22’ MME Premium ER eAWD Dark Matter Grey
Country flag
My husband and I don't fight over who gets to drive the MME because we each got one.
This forum is giving me great marriage advice. I showed my wife the photos many of you have posted of his and hers Mach-e’s and she just laughed (but didn’t say no).

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
What’s a “wife”? I can’t imagine having this problem. I’d tell the person to buy their own darn car 😀😀😀

azerik

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Spacey Prem4x, '21 RX450H, 13 Focus EV
Occupation
DevSecOps, General PITA
Country flag
10 years ago I bought leased my first FFE (FocusEV) She didn't approve. But after 2 weeks she wanted to drive it. Then she stole it for 2.5 years so "I can have the HOV lane and get home faster" At 2.5 years into the lease I bought the second FFE to replace the lease. She promptly stole that one once I turned in the lease. Again HOV, no gas, don't care about it in a shopping mall etc. The second has been beaten to hell and back. Sync3 weekly reboots via pulling the neg battery terminal. For the last 2 years I've been working on my wife and kid. "I can't get a new car because I won't let you two trash it like Nonnie. "(We named all our cars after BubbleGuppie characters. Grouper = RX400h, Deema = RX450H, Nonnie = FFE#2, Gill = FFE#1, BubblePuppy = Boxster Spyder. That was how we defined which car was going to be dropping our little one off at school. This naming thing is another thing my wife doesn't like but reluctantly follows). Upon buying the MME my wife was intimidated by the size. She wanted to take it the other night to shuttle her boss and others around for drinks. That was a hard NOPE, but nicely backed with "I'm trying to save you from scaring everyone by having no idea where things are and driving it like you just got your license. Just trying to protect you honey". (Whilst also trying to keep someone from puking in the back as I worked out the sway bars).

We still have Nonnie and Casper (the MME was the naming deviant) . The plan was to sell/trade Nonnie and put my wife back in her Rx450H, but when it came down to actually doing it she won't let that car go. And I'm good with it. I charge once a week, she charges every other day. The RX gets tow and long distance duty.

And they kind look like twins, from the movie.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Marital Problems nonnie

DenverDan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
First Edition Rapid Red Mach E
Country flag
Been there. At first she would not drive it, but once she did boy did her tune change. She had to take it to save gas and the environment. When my lightning order came in she would not let me trade in the MME. I quote "over my dead body, it is the best car I have ever driven". Now we can love both the MME and the Lightning!

Vulnox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lariat PB, 2022 Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Country flag
The MME is my wife's, but I like to take it and most of the grief comes from our 6 year old. I remember the first couple weeks we had it my wife joked that I was "stealing" her car when I took it out instead of my truck, and my 6 year old started telling on me when I would leave in her car to go get something.

I love my truck, but it has to sit outside as our garage is about 4 frustrating inches shy of big enough to park the truck in it, and especially on these cold Michigan days it's way better to remote start the MME in the garage and come out to a warm vehicle than take the truck which needs to be remote started 10 minutes or so ahead of time to get warm, which is such a huge waste of fuel. Also the MME is plenty for 95% of our driving anyway.

I don't want a second MME, but do wish Ford had not cranked up the cost of the Lightning before I got my order in, or wish they had released the EV Explorer by now. We still need a larger second vehicle than the MME.
Sponsored