Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
You will get the claimed range of the car. Mine was rated at 270 and I am getting 290. Relax.
The claimed range in Europe and the UK is based on a totally different testing schema than the EPA setup in the US. It’s horribly flawed and nobody who has an EV is going to get that kind of range. OP’s gripe is about the range being claimed where he lives, which is not in the US.
Sponsored

breeves002

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT PE
Country flag
this isn't even exclusive to BEV's. Gas cars are exactly the same. they have a standardized test and for YEARS the MPG on cars was very optimistic. The range estimate on the dash is also very much an estimate and can change rapidly. The biggest difference is the efficiency of the BEV is such that even a small change in conditions can be percentages of the range. the Mach E only has the equivalent energy of about 2 gallons of gas. Rain, wind, temperature, tire pressure, etc. can all change the efficiency by a few percentage points.
I 100% agree and almost pointed this out. The difference with an ICE vehicle is people don't really pay attention to MPG nearly as much as range. You can just stop and get gas so who cares.

Trede

First Name
Trede
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Grabber Blue FE
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
You definitely need to find the accelerator pedal. It is on the floor right side ;)
Contrary to popular belief, driving like grandma isn't great for your range in EVs. 1PD, Unbridled, full accelleration at every light, and I hit 80-100mph 3-5 times a week on the interstate...so...

OlyPen

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E Premium Extended
Country flag
The ER AWD is advertised with a range of 335 miles. Mine shows 278, at best. Speaking to the dealer and my Mach E Support Concierge, this is normal.

I paid for a FE with a 335 mile range. 278 is NOT 335.

Please comment IF you too are unhappy about the blatant misrepresentation. I've even asked to reject the car (awaiting a reply).

You don't have to complain directly, but I'd like to know if the range issue is causing anyone to feel a bit miffed.
I have a Premium AWD ER. Stated range is 270. I regularly get 308-310 per full charge.

Run in whisper mode, and I generally run on intelligent cruise and lane centering with a couple bars of distance from the car in front. I allow the car to accelerate and decelerate whenever possible using the cruise and I'm light on the accelerator using one pedal drive. I don't baby the climate control and run 3-5 miles over the posted speed limit.

I've found that if I'm quick on the accelerator from a dead stop instead of a light smooth touch (and I'm still way faster than anyone else off the block with a light touch), then I'll lose about 40 miles on range over the full charge. So, what I saying is that how you drive the vehicle matters in conserving and using the energy wisely.

I also generally don't initiate charging until I've dropped before 30%, depending on my upcoming needs. I charge level 2 overnight to full.

Trede

First Name
Trede
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Grabber Blue FE
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I have a Premium AWD ER. Stated range is 270. I regularly get 308-310 per full charge.

Run in whisper mode, and I generally run on intelligent cruise and lane centering with a couple bars of distance from the car in front. I allow the car to accelerate and decelerate whenever possible using the cruise and I'm light on the accelerator using one pedal drive. I don't baby the climate control and run 3-5 miles over the posted speed limit.

I've found that if I'm quick on the accelerator from a dead stop instead of a light smooth touch (and I'm still way faster than anyone else off the block with a light touch), then I'll lose about 40 miles on range over the full charge. So, what I saying is that how you drive the vehicle matters in conserving and using the energy wisely.

I also generally don't initiate charging until I've dropped before 30%, depending on my upcoming needs. I charge level 2 overnight to full.
Charging to 100% regularly significantly reduces the overall life of the battery. The Mustang Mach-E's manual recommends limiting charge to 90% most of the time (which is 80% of the ACTUAL full capacity, which is the generally accepted standard for maintaining battery health.)

stlippert

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Red AWD ER
Country flag
Range anxiety cured! Check out my Level 4! Home charger: Says I added 479 miles. Prior Home charge said it added 471 miles. All earlier charges were in the 200+ range. Anyone else seeing this?

tempsnip.png

TRP

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E P4x, Ford F150
Country flag
Range anxiety cured! Check out my Level 4! Home charger: Says I added 479 miles. Prior Home charge said it added 471 miles. All earlier charges were in the 200+ range. Anyone else seeing this?

Ford Mustang Mach-E Mileage Complaint tempsni
Have had that quite a bit actually. I wish it was that good.

OP
OP
Trevor

Trevor

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E 4EX
Occupation
Comms
Country flag
Good to hear. My nearest dual carriage way or motorway is about 45 minutes away, so all my driving is A roads and often B roads.

I've seen 4 miles per kwh a couple of times, but fleetingly. Usually after a brisk dive.

OP
OP
Trevor

Trevor

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E 4EX
Occupation
Comms
Country flag
Your anger and disappointment is obvious but have not realized it should be directed at your country testing standards dictated to manufacturers? The other brands are showing similar results too which makes since because they are similar to the MME, I bet they are so similar results to your MME observations. Sounds like you should get out of EV and head back to small diesel engine cars.
I totally agree. It is the fault of the testing standards and advertising standards. If they are ALL doing it, it will and has, become the norm. Shame.

Would have been a good time for the motor trade to become ethical and honest.

OP
OP
Trevor

Trevor

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E 4EX
Occupation
Comms
Country flag
This thread is another example of the mass effect of not understanding. like Tom said on youtube. Still, so many people don't understand the aspects of a BEV.
Wow. Such a heavily condescending tone. As the headline figures in ads can blatantly be totally inaccurate, perhaps it would be better to pour scorn on the Industy rather than the consumer, who may be trying to do the right thing, or may be being forced to move to BEVs by their governments policies.

Anyway, thanks for jot answering the original question and sparing time to belittle me. Appreciated.

OP
OP
Trevor

Trevor

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E 4EX
Occupation
Comms
Country flag

Thanks Olly. I've tried Whisper, which my wife prefers. Got best results. Then tried Engaged and while I love it, the wife soon realised I was accelerating faster and asked me to back to Whisper.

Only ever use OPD and rarely get the chance to use Intelligent Cruise, but have loved it when I have done, especially on Motorways and dual carriageways.

JRT

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E 2wd Premium
Country flag
I totally agree. It is the fault of the testing standards and advertising standards. If they are ALL doing it, it will and has, become the norm. Shame.

Would have been a good time for the motor trade to become ethical and honest.
Not sure what the definition of motor trade is, I assume you mean manufacturer. If so there is almost nothing they can do in this case given then mandated range test you country imposes. The flaw is the required standard and until that standard is updated for more accurate real world driving you at least want all manufacturers using a consistent comparable number.

trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln mkx , Ford f-150, Mache
Country flag
Wow. Such a heavily condescending tone. As the headline figures in ads can blatantly be totally inaccurate, perhaps it would be better to pour scorn on the Industy rather than the consumer, who may be trying to do the right thing, or may be being forced to move to BEVs by their governments policies.

Anyway, thanks for jot answering the original question and sparing time to belittle me. Appreciated.
No one belittled you. You are trying the victim card. There is no tone to my words as I did not put any adjectives in there to make it seem that way. I was clearly pointing out the facts as I said Tom Moloughney said. Again 90% of people have no idea about BEV vehicles. I stand by my words. As statistics prove it to be true.

Have a cheerful weekend old chap. As for me I just joined a biker gang called "335 FOR life"

engnrng

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 GTPE, Kona EV, 2023 BMW iX
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I am calculating on miles done, plus % left, not GoM.

I've done 2000 miles of gentle driving. Not getting anywhere near 335. Best miles per kwh were when driving it hard on OPD in Extreme.

I am rural based and not doing 90mph. Besides, that is illegal.

My point is, as you say, it is advertised here as 335, but 270 in the US. We paid for 335, but got 270. Not what I paid for.
Take it up with the EU regulatory agencies. This is a common complaint in EU - the testing reports a much higher range than most people actually experience. Ford fought a similar battle in the US and the US EPA agreed to allow Ford to understate what their testing showed. Ford in US was able to provide realistic range numbers to customers. Not so in EU. Most EV companies show 20% higher numbers in EU than in US. Same car, same battery, but different testing and estimating protocols.

engnrng

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 GTPE, Kona EV, 2023 BMW iX
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Not in UK. Advertised as 335.
To be precise, the 335 is not an advertisement, it is a required test report. Would they get fined if they claimed 270 like they do in the US? I wonder...
Sponsored