SteveJo

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid, Job 1 Mach-e/X
Country flag
I listen To Spotify through the MMB on an App or a USB drive with tunes on it, plugged into the MMB USB input. I have not installed the SXM app to see if that works, it I assume it does .
It does. I've added the VLC app and watch videos from my usb drive (when parked). The B&O provides excellent surround audio. I only wish the screen could be rotated to horizontal.

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
It would be great if Ford made a way to view these critical details directly through the driver display. It’s just one of those things, people can see something growing as a problem (e.g. temps rising too much when you’re say only 20% down a mountain) and take action before it becomes a problem, in a way a computer or a sensor cannot.

And these vehicles are still very new. Someday, these Mach-Es will be 10, 15, or more years old, and I would expect issues like this to start popping up more not due to a fault but just age and wear and tear. Being able to see critical metrics like this will help people manage these things and keep their vehicles running.
Agree. Showing you the coolant temp is not like a new idea. Motor and HV battery sensor display would be nice. If owners can help keep them on the road that is good for Ford's rep. Who knows if the ones in Norway saw it overheating they may have pulled over and gave it a rest proir to needing a tow. Going up many of us would pull over before your rad cap pops off an ICE as we watch engine temp!

Billyk24

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford C-Max Energi, Premium Mach-E ordered
Country flag
Scanguage 2 hardware works with Escape Hybrid and CMax Energi to show hvb temperature, soc and other important stuff.

OP
OP
SteveJo

SteveJo

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
1) Can you listen to bluetooth music on a separate device while viewing this app on the carplay box?
No. You can only use the MME radio and navigation when logged into the A.I. Box.

OP
OP
SteveJo

SteveJo

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

hitchhiker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-e 4x, 1965 F-100, 1999 Chevy Silverado
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
From START to "Playstation" screen = 25 seconds (with the WiFi previously set to its hotspot).
Thanks! Did you run a USB cable from the glove box to the center console, or did you manage to add another port somehow?

OP
OP
SteveJo

SteveJo

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Thanks! Did you run a USB cable from the glove box to the center console, or did you manage to add another port somehow?
Center console. Think I had to get a longer cable than came with unit. Attached to glovebox with 3M Dual Lock (EZ Pass tape).

Nklem

First Name
Norm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Solterra
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Country flag
90% page 149 of the Owners manual
Center console. Think I had to get a longer cable than came with unit. Attached to glovebox with 3M Dual Lock (EZ Pass tape).
i like mine right here…..easy acces to the USB for phone, flash drive…….

804192BC-F67B-4A09-8176-59EA8E9C7422.jpeg

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
I've just been using Torque Pro on my phone to check things. Hoping to figure out why the car will randomly limit charging to under 40kw.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Monitoring Battery Regen and Temperature Overheating in Mach-E Screenshot_20210718-181248_Torque

Mach-E VLOG

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
machevlog.com
Vehicles
Mach-E GT PE - Grabber Blue - Blucifer Twocifer
Country flag
I've just been using Torque Pro on my phone to check things. Hoping to figure out why the car will randomly limit charging to under 40kw.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Monitoring Battery Regen and Temperature Overheating in Mach-E Screenshot_20210718-181248_Torque
Are you talking about when you get 31kW from EA chargers? I think those are related to EA and not the Mach-E. A couple of times when I had that, I checked PlugShare and others had the same problem at that charger. I think it is because the cable cooling system doesn't activate and the station then limits power to 31kW. This seems to only happen with the EA chargers from ABB. The SigNet chargers they use are more reliable and they also display how much power the car is requesting in addition to how much the station is putting out.

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
Are you talking about when you get 31kW from EA chargers? I think those are related to EA and not the Mach-E. A couple of times when I had that, I checked PlugShare and others had the same problem at that charger. I think it is because the cable cooling system doesn't activate and the station then limits power to 31kW. This seems to only happen with the EA chargers from ABB. The SigNet chargers they use are more reliable and they also display how much power the car is requesting in addition to how much the station is putting out.
The last time It happened, it happened at 3 different locations. Not all EA stations. EA even charged me the $0.16/min for charging under 50kw because that's what the car was reporting it's capable of.

Scarpia

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Infinite Blue Premium, Standard Range, RWD
Country flag
The last time It happened, it happened at 3 different locations. Not all EA stations. EA even charged me the $0.16/min for charging under 50kw because that's what the car was reporting it's capable of.
I've used DCFC in my Mach-E once (July 4 weekend, free at EA chargers so I could test). I was only getting 32 kW, so switched to a different charger and immediately got 100 kW. The only variable was the charger. Admittedly anecdotal, but I've read of enough similar occurrences that I think the chargers are culprits in most of these situations.

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
I've used DCFC in my Mach-E once (July 4 weekend, free at EA chargers so I could test). I was only getting 32 kW, so switched to a different charger and immediately got 100 kW. The only variable was the charger. Admittedly anecdotal, but I've read of enough similar occurrences that I think the chargers are culprits in most of these situations.
One charging stop, I tried 3 of the 4 chargers at the site, all 3 did the same. Went to another station that is NOT EA, which i've used many times at 150kw, this time would only hit 34kw. Charged enough to get to the next station which was EA, and it also hit 34kw.

I will say cable cooling fans never spun up like normal, and I think it was because the car was saying it couldn't charge that fast and the cooling wasn't needed.

Every other time I've had issues, it was either really cold out, or moving to a different unit would give me normal speeds.

The only thing I can think that could have been the issue this day is that something was overheating and limiting charging speeds. But I didn't have this setup to be able to check that day.
Sponsored