More Options help needed ASAP, please!

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Ford Credit has had great support in the past.

I have sent them this question. “ A friend is buying an ordered Mach E. The dealer is “marking” up the options interest rate above the advertised rate. Is that allowed? They wanted to do Options but this is troubling. Thank you! ”
As was stated above, a dealer can always increase the Ford Credit rate, up to 2.5 points I believe. There are exceptions to this (may be others):

- When it's a promo rate, like zero percent financing
- When it's an A or Z -Plan purchase
Sponsored

OP
OP

Kitten

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue Mach E GT with pano roof
Country flag
I told my dealer. I don’t think he told the finance guy. I don’t want to screw my dealer,

OP
OP

Kitten

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Thanks for the feedback. The GM decided 3.4 was what he was going to give me, even though I qualified for 1.4. When I got to the dealership, my salesman told me what the monthly payment was going to be, but since I knew it wasn't going to be at 1.4, I just said fine fine whatever, give me the paper to sign. I like my salesman fine - he didn't do much, but he's not making much commission on the MachE, so whatever.

I told him that I didn't appreciate the GM trying to screw me, that I know raising the interest rate is discretionary and I found it petty and shortsighted of him to do so. Oh, also, they charged me $250 on the doc fee, even though it's capped at $100 in the x plan. I told them I'm just want my f'ing car, keep your extra $150. So yeah.

My salesman confirmed to me that if I pay off my loan immediately, he will still get his commission but the GM won't get his reserve and will probably have to pay back the $2,500 in options. I just need to decide if I'm going to simply take my future business elsewhere or be petty AF. Currently leaning towards Petty AF. ?‍♀

OP
OP

Kitten

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Ford Credit has had great support in the past.

I have sent them this question. “ A friend is buying an ordered Mach E. The dealer is “marking” up the options interest rate above the advertised rate. Is that allowed? They wanted to do Options but this is troubling. Thank you! ”

I do agree if time is important, but and refi.

There is an EV rate at an online credit union, “Digital Credit Union” in for 1.49% up to 65 months I think.

But Just so you know your options payment is based on a 6 year (36 month Options) or 7 year (48 month options) regular loan at the interest rate you choose with a slight adjustment for mileage. So if you refi for a 3 or 4 year term your payment will be quite a bit higher, even with no interest.
Thanks for the clarification. I don't care about payment as much as I hate paying interest.

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag
Thanks for the feedback. The GM decided 3.4 was what he was going to give me, even though I qualified for 1.4. When I got to the dealership, my salesman told me what the monthly payment was going to be, but since I knew it wasn't going to be at 1.4, I just said fine fine whatever, give me the paper to sign. I like my salesman fine - he didn't do much, but he's not making much commission on the MachE, so whatever.

I told him that I didn't appreciate the GM trying to screw me, that I know raising the interest rate is discretionary and I found it petty and shortsighted of him to do so. Oh, also, they charged me $250 on the doc fee, even though it's capped at $100 in the x plan. I told them I'm just want my f'ing car, keep your extra $150. So yeah.

My salesman confirmed to me that if I pay off my loan immediately, he will still get his commission but the GM won't get his reserve and will probably have to pay back the $2,500 in options. I just need to decide if I'm going to simply take my future business elsewhere or be petty AF. Currently leaning towards Petty AF. ?‍♀
The best way to express your displeasure is to give them a poor rating and include comments on the after sale survey the Ford will send you.

OP
OP

Kitten

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
The best way to express your displeasure is to give them a poor rating and include comments on the after sale survey the Ford will send you.
My salesman, who was perfectly fine and I don't want to screw over, implored me to give a good rating, as it affects HIS commission. He knows I am unhappy with the GM and told me to please give good marks across the board and then put whatever I want in the comments section of the survey. He said that won't affect his commission. I'll probably read what the survey asks and either do as he asks or not complete the survey at all.

RMoore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi Q5, Toyota Sienna, 2022 Mach e
Country flag
The dealer is allowed to mark up the rates.

I would say what @generaltso said. If you refi the dealer will not get their reserve and may get charged back for the bonus cash amount too.
I'm confused. So if you finance through Ford Options, the rate isn't the rate that's listed on the Ford website? That's just a suggestion and the dealer can assign any rate they want in the Options program?

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I'm confused. So if you finance through Ford Options, the rate isn't the rate that's listed on the Ford website? That's just a suggestion and the dealer can assign any rate they want in the Options program?
The rate shown on the build and price website is the best available Ford Options Tier 0/1 approval net rate. Yes, the dealer can mark up the rate if they choose. (There are maximum mark up limits and exclusions that apply.)

back_at_it_19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Job 1 GB FE and '22 Red Prem4x
Country flag
I apologize if this has been addressed, I didn't have time to do a thorough search and I'm new to this forum (spent the past year learning a lot on another forum). Here's my situation:

Ordered MachE GT in April 2021
Arrived yesterday. Dealer is clueless about the Options plan and can't get his numbers anywhere close to where Ford Options calculator has them. Sat at the dealership for 3 hours and left with no car. Got a call today after they spoke with Ford Credit - my numbers are correct. However, the dealer is adding 2% to the apr for his reserve, bumping my APR to 3.4, which negates a big reason why I was doing Ford Options in the first place - the $2,500 incentive. Makes sense at 1.4, not so much at 3.4. The way I see it, here are my options:

1) Sign for 36 months at the lowest mileage (or maybe it doesn't matter), get my $2,500, and immediately pay off the loan. Downside - I own a car I never intended to keep.

2) Sign for 36 months at the mileage I need, get my $2,500, pay the loan & interest, turn it in after 35 months. Downside - I hate paying interest

3) Convince myself $2,500 isn't worth the aggravation, scrap the Options plan and just buy the car. Downside - I own a car I never intended to keep and paid $2,500 more than I should have for it.

Am I missing anything here? I'm trying to remain pleasant but I feel like the finance guy is trying to screw me and it's making me made. I don't want to burn bridges, especially if I get a glitchy vehicle and need frequent service and loaners. But at the same time...come on!
Option 1 and refi at ur credit union asap.

RMoore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi Q5, Toyota Sienna, 2022 Mach e
Country flag
The rate shown on the build and price website is the best available Ford Options Tier 0/1 approval net rate. Yes, the dealer can mark up the rate if they choose. (There are maximum mark up limits and exclusions that apply.)
Thanks, good to know. So on top of all the other things we should try to get the dealer to commit to ahead of time (including whether they accept X-plan or no ADM, no extras like coatings, vin etching etc, and even preferably a signed form showing the price), we should also try to get in writing that when the vehicle is delivered and it is time to settle up, that they will accept Ford Options AND they will not up the interest rate. I wonder how many dealers would do that. I had planned on financing with Ford Options, but I guess I'll have to either ask the dealer about bumping the rate, or wait and see what is offered and do some calculations then.

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag

I would have definitely kicked and screamed a bit more... and made it KNOWN to the finance guy that you're refinancing right after so they can get bent. Or I would have said I have a better finance deal elsewhere and will just buy it. Either of those would have probably got them to change their tune. Complaining to your salesman is like talking to the wall, lol.

Nklem

First Name
Norm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Solterra
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Country flag
Here is the official Answer. Subject to Independent Dealer participation….

I hope you are enjoying the car!

Tuesday, January 11, 2022 8:55 PM
Subject : RE: Incentives <<#1367186-2278178-2646015#>>
Dear Norm,

Thank you for contacting Ford Credit.

To get an idea of the current special interest rates available in your region, visit www.ford.com. In the Shopping Tools section click "Incentive & Offers." Please keep in mind that not all buyers qualify for the special incentives. You may also obtain rate and incentive information from your participating Ford or Lincoln dealership.

Special interest rates and/or rebates are regionally based, differ with the make and model of the vehicle, and are subject to independent dealer participation. For this reason, the Finance Manager at your local dealership is best equipped to assist you with your inquiry.

For your convenience, the following website allows you to research nationally advertised offers and view all currently available cash back and APR incentives:

http://www.ford.com/incentives/

Thank you for choosing Ford Credit. We appreciate your business.

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Here is the official Answer. Subject to Independent Dealer participation….

I hope you are enjoying the car!

Tuesday, January 11, 2022 8:55 PM
Subject : RE: Incentives <<#1367186-2278178-2646015#>>
Dear Norm,

Thank you for contacting Ford Credit.

To get an idea of the current special interest rates available in your region, visit www.ford.com. In the Shopping Tools section click "Incentive & Offers." Please keep in mind that not all buyers qualify for the special incentives. You may also obtain rate and incentive information from your participating Ford or Lincoln dealership.

Special interest rates and/or rebates are regionally based, differ with the make and model of the vehicle, and are subject to independent dealer participation. For this reason, the Finance Manager at your local dealership is best equipped to assist you with your inquiry.

For your convenience, the following website allows you to research nationally advertised offers and view all currently available cash back and APR incentives:

http://www.ford.com/incentives/

Thank you for choosing Ford Credit. We appreciate your business.
Pointing us right back to the dealer. Who could have predicted that? ? ?‍♂ LOL ? ?

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
This is true of all car manufacturers, and all financing options. They can mark up any rate unless the rate is a special rate from the manufacturer's credit arm, or it's a plan purchase like A/Z which prohibits the rate from being adjusted.

This is not new. Most buyers are ill-informed, and don't realize that when the dealer quotes them a rate of 5% that they qualified for 3%. Nor do they realize that the dealer can swap in a different financing company (not on Ford Options), and that they're not borrowing from Ford Credit or GM's Credit arm, but from a bank or finance company that the dealership has an arrangement with.

Been this way forever. Buyers are generally clueless.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
My salesman, who was perfectly fine and I don't want to screw over, implored me to give a good rating, as it affects HIS commission. He knows I am unhappy with the GM and told me to please give good marks across the board and then put whatever I want in the comments section of the survey. He said that won't affect his commission. I'll probably read what the survey asks and either do as he asks or not complete the survey at all.
First, tough luck on the salesman. He works for this GM, and knows what he is doing. The review is on the selling experience, and the fact that the dealership is raising your rate 2 points is part of that experience. Too bad on the salesman.

They can't charge more for the X-Plan document fee. That deal will get audited by Ford, and if the financial documents show a $250 document fee, you should get back $150.

I would move the Lightning reservation to another dealership. Zero reason to give this one your business. Zero.
Sponsored