JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
Not to mention we still have to work to pay for it. Gets in the way of all the fun.
Very true.

Pandemic though, "working from home" LOL can at least sit in the car with the laptop "What? I'm working"
Sponsored

OP
OP
hybrid2bev

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag
I see a problem here: Each time someone gets their Mach-E delivered they spend all their time driving it around after the initial post "its here!". ;)

Of course this means that thread blows up with congrats and questions but they don't get back in a timely fasion because they are having too much fun.

(To be clear: snark I'll be doing the same....drain that battery mutliple times in one day LOL)
100% correct. I spent time driving it last night. I'm working my way through the questions. The feedback has been tremendous and appreciated. I know we're all excited about the car.

I'll try to answer every one (unless someone else already answered).

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
100% correct. I spent time driving it last night. I'm working my way through the questions. The feedback has been tremendous and appreciated. I know we're all excited about the car.

I'll try to answer every one (unless someone else already answered).
Thanks for being one of the first to get your car so that you can answer all our questions! :)

Have you been able to confirm if you still get regenerative braking at 100% state of charge?

OP
OP
hybrid2bev

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
18 miles huh? Sounds like some people were taking it for a spin before you got it.
Can't confirm or deny that! LOL. But my car did have to go through the KC quality check, loading and unloading and moving around and such.

OP
OP
hybrid2bev

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Congrats, specs? Really pretty color and the silver interior (what we ordered!).
Premium, all wheel drive, extended range, Rapid Red with Light Space Grey interior. Added the interior protection package (all weather floor mats and cargo area mat).

OP
OP
hybrid2bev

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Thanks for being one of the first to get your car so that you can answer all our questions! :)

Have you been able to confirm if you still get regenerative braking at 100% state of charge?
I did not see the Brake Coach when it was fully charged (it didn't stay fully charged for long, LOL). I don't know how else to see if any regen happened.

I did not notice any difference in the strength of the one pedal driving at all, at any SOC.

OP
OP
hybrid2bev

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
So nice! Have really appreciated your posts.

where would be the best to send them?
Dealers can find Ford Options info here:
FMCDealer » Finance (tab) » Consumer Finance Programs (left side menu) » Ford Options

Ford Options Rates
Announcement #: FDCI-25606
Program #: 21220

Ford Options Bonus Cash
Announcement #: FDCI-25700
Program #: 13896

$100 ADA Customer Bonus Cash
Announcement #: FDCI-25841C
Program #: 13924

Attachments

Last edited:

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I did not notice any difference in the strength of the one pedal driving at all, at any SOC.
I think it's likely that regen i still working at 100% SOC if 1PD behaves the same. I suppose it's possible that it's using more friction braking to make up for less regen, but that would probably feel different. It really is a bummer that there's no display that shows when and how much you regen in real-time. I really hope that gets added. Even my Outlander PHEV has a graphic that shows when power is flowing back into the battery.

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
I've been driving like a jackass for 68 miles so I'm not concerned about the efficiency.
so in other words, driving it like a Mustang owner? ??

Major

First Name
Major
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Grabber Blue First Edition
Occupation
retired
Country flag
So the 3 different driving modes DO actually change the response? I thought at first that it was just a selection of sounds created within the car.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
@hybrid2bev, can you settle the "regen with 1PD off" debate? My interpretation has been that with 1PD off, there is still some regen when lifting off the accelerator, and the strength of that regen increases when moving from Whisper to Engage to Unbridled. But others have hypothesized that you just coast with no regen when you have 1PD off in all modes unless you hit the brake pedal.

eltonlin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FE Gray
Country flag
Premium, all wheel drive, extended range, Rapid Red with Light Space Grey interior. Added the interior protection package (all weather floor mats and cargo area mat).
Thanks for answering my question on the cargo mat!
Sponsored