John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 RR ME FE, '22 Corsair GT, '22 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Benefit Fund Administrator
Country flag
Thanks for being one of the first to get your car so that you can answer all our questions! :)

Have you been able to confirm if you still get regenerative braking at 100% state of charge?
If you're driving the car . . . aren't you always at less than 100% SOC? Unless you are at 100% SOC at the top of a hill, unplug, and start rolling.
Sponsored

methorian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Mini Cooper SE
Occupation
IT Admin
Country flag
Could you get a pic of your Sync4A version information for record keeping?

OP
OP
hybrid2bev

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag
So the 3 different driving modes DO actually change the response? I thought at first that it was just a selection of sounds created within the car.
Yeah it changes the feel of the steering and accelerator pedal.

In Wisper mode you really have to press further down to get full acceleration. The steering is not as tight as the other modes. I was in Unbridled mode and switched to Wisper. The car felt like it slowed down a bit, like I have to press further down to maintain the same speed in Whisper vs. Unbridled.

Speaking of Unbridled, that mode is fun! It's probably a bit too sensitive for daily driving but man it puts down the power quick. You do NOT have to press hard and it goes! Doing a passing maneuver is easy, no lack of power. The steering is tight and takes a bit more effort to turn the wheel vs. the other modes.

Engage is a nice balance of both. It's easy to get push down a bit and get the power you want and not feel like a rocket ship (unless you want to). The steering is not as tight as Unbridled while in Engage but firmer than Wisper.

I've mostly had the propulsion sound turned off. I tried it a bit in Unbridled mode. I'm sure you've heard it online. It's a mix of space age Jetsons and an ICE rumble. It's cool don't get me wrong but I bought a BEV for the silent ride.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
If you're driving the car . . . aren't you always at less than 100% SOC? Unless you are at 100% SOC at the top of a hill, unplug, and start rolling.
Not necesarily. My Outlander doesn't regen at full charge until I've driven at least a few miles.

engnrng

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 GTPE, Kona EV, 2023 BMW iX
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
You have described my situation - house on a hill. My Kona is set at 90% L2 charge because if I charge to 100%, the dash lights up with warnings that no regen is happening. My CMax started the engine on the way down the hill and used battery to run it as a compressor. I wish the software people would figure out that 98% is just a number like 90% is just a number and let me have control over the setting!

methorian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Mini Cooper SE
Occupation
IT Admin
Country flag

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
Yeah it changes the feel of the steering and accelerator pedal.

I've mostly had the propulsion sound turned off. I tried it a bit in Unbridled mode. I'm sure you've heard it online. It's a mix of space age Jetsons and an ICE rumble. It's cool don't get me wrong but I bought a BEV for the silent ride.
I agree, and feel like the added noise is just silly.

tomterky

First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Mustang Pony Edition Convertible; 2021 Mach E
Country flag
I've heard that there are OTA's (implied that they are ready or nearly ready) but don't have details on what or when.
At the purchase, did they give you the option to purchase the Ford Co-Pilot 360/Active Drive Assist OTA update that arrives later this year?

jeffdawgfan

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang MachE AWD ER, 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie
Occupation
Retired Navy / Veterans Administration
Country flag
Noticed that the car did not have the front plate holder installed from factory. THAT is good news.

Tsand4

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E 1st Ed -rec'd 1/27/21, '14 Fusion Hybrid SE
Country flag
At the purchase, did they give you the option to purchase the Ford Co-Pilot 360/Active Drive Assist OTA update that arrives later this year?
No option given to purchase at delivery. That is basically the point of the $100 Early Adopter Incentive is acknowledging you have the hardware but need to wait for the OTA availability and pricing when it finally becomes available later 2021. Estimated cost was published at $600 but that may change when it is rolled out.

ab13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rav4 Hybrid
Country flag
This issue here being whether regenerative braking exists at 100% user SOC. For some brands there is no regenerative braking in this condition.
Sponsored