OP
hybrid2bev

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag
Many thanks! I'm assuming to major issues with software for you?

Have you tried out PaaK?
So the Ford Pass app was not working while I was at the dealer. I think it was because we were inside.

No other issues so far.

I just set up phone as a key a few minutes ago. The directions on Ford Pass said the vehicle had to be outside to set it up.

Here's the interesting thing. I was not able to setup a backup start code until after I activated PaaK. I could add a new code for the door keypad but not a code to start the vehicle. I now have that set up too.
Sponsored

OP
OP
hybrid2bev

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
At the purchase, did they give you the option to purchase the Ford Co-Pilot 360/Active Drive Assist OTA update that arrives later this year?
Cannot purchase now. I've heard ADA is coming to management lease cars in mid-summer and available for customers late summer (Aug-Sept).

OP
OP
hybrid2bev

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Congrats! Can you verify whether or not there is a USB data port inside the center console? Thanks.
No USB inside the armrest. There are some on the back of the center console for the rear seats to use. There is a 12v inside the armrest compartment.

OP
OP
hybrid2bev

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Very nice! Congrats!! Who was your dealer in SE Michigan? Mine is scheduled for delivery to Russ Milne in Chesterfield between Feb 3rd and 9th. Getting really geeked if those dates hold
Suburban Ford of Sterling Heights.

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 RR ME FE, '22 Corsair GT, '22 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Benefit Fund Administrator
Country flag
I think he is referring to a lease
Nope. Options is a retail installment contract with lower payments and either a return at the end or a balloon payment. The big difference is the "buyer" gets the Federal tax credit.

RyZt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E4X
Country flag
Yeah, that's the case in a lot of electrified cars. That's why I was eager to hear if the MME behaves that way. But it sounds like it doesn't, which is great.
Right, if the battery is truly at 100% charge, there's no place for those electrons to go. Remember that solar car from a college engineering challenge a few years ago that had a hair dryer that they would power when the car generated excess electricity?
The car could engage just enough friction brake when it cannot regen. At least that's what I would expect from a machine that can easily kill a human (a car).

I believe the blended brake on my 2013 Ford hybrid does that. I live on a hill and the battery often gets full on my way down. The brake pedal feels a little different when regen is disabled, and there's a less-than-a-second transition at the moment that the car hits the point of no regen. But it won't blow through a light.

To be fair, maybe Mach E doesn't regen at 100%, but it applies additional friction brake perfectly so that the driver can hardly tell from having regen.

Last edited:

OH2AZ2OH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E 4X
Country flag
The car could engage just enough friction brake when it cannot regen. At least that's what I would expect from a machine that can easily kill a human (a car).

I believe the blended brake on my 2013 Ford hybrid does that. I live on a hill and the battery often gets full on my way down. The brake pedal feels a little different when regen is disabled, and there's a less-than-a-second artefact at the moment that the car hits the point of no regen. But it won't blow through a light.

To be fair, maybe Mach E doesn't regen at 100%, but it applies additional friction brake perfectly so that the driver can hardly tell from having regen.
Right, as long as one pedal driving behaves consistently, I don't really care if the car is generating electricity or heat. That was not my experience with the MY.

OP
OP
hybrid2bev

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
@hybrid2bev, can you settle the "regen with 1PD off" debate? My interpretation has been that with 1PD off, there is still some regen when lifting off the accelerator, and the strength of that regen increases when moving from Whisper to Engage to Unbridled. But others have hypothesized that you just coast with no regen when you have 1PD off in all modes unless you hit the brake pedal.
I just got back from the dealer, swapping out my floor mats with the defect. Got new front and rear seat mats.

I have not seen the brake coach while in 1PD in any mode or in Unbridled mode at all. I only see it in Wisper or Engage with 1PD off.

While on the way there I messed around with the 1 pedal drive (1PD) settings and drive modes. Here are my unscientific, subjective seat of the pants perspective: W = Wisper, E = Engage, U = Unbridled, L = L button on shifter.

With 1PD on
W: good regen
E: good regen about the same as W mode
U: stronger regen than E or W

With 1PD off
W: nothing, like costing in neutral
E: mild regen
U: stronger regen than E but less than 1PD mode

With 1PD off and L mode
W: good regen, I would say the same as 1PD
E: good regen, I would say the same as 1PD
U: stronger regen than E or W, I would say the same as 1PD

With 1PD on and L mode
W: same as 1PD not stronger
E: same as 1PD not stronger
U: same as 1PD not stronger

To be honest I've never noticed any transition from regen to or from the friction brakes. The 1PD is strong enough to have the ABS kick on (because my street is a sheet of ice).

Last edited:
OP
OP
hybrid2bev

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I'm curious as to the sound quality of the B&O sound system?
Is it up to snuff?
I'm not an audiophile. I would say the system is good. I turned it up a few times, no awful distortion or anything like that. Since there's a lack of engine noise you can hear it better at low volume.

So the short version is it's a good system but not super duper high end. It's certainly better than what I had in my C-Max but not as good as what's in my wife's Explorer ST with her 14 speaker system.

VegStang

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo C40 Recharge, 2021 MME
Occupation
Artist, animal rights activist
Country flag
Interesting, I thought there was a $100 or so discount if you pre-ordered it when you took the car, instead of waiting for the release.

Cannot purchase now. I've heard ADA is coming to management lease cars in mid-summer and available for customers late summer (Aug-Sept).

OP
OP
hybrid2bev

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Interesting, I thought there was a $100 or so discount if you pre-ordered it when you took the car, instead of waiting for the release.
You get the $100 now for buying a vehicle with the hardware. The ADA price is expected to be $600 at the time of purchase later in 2021 ($500 net of the rebate).

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
Jeez. Changing expected behavior based on a state that isn't obvious to the user/driver is definitely NOT the way to go.
The Bolt does this: When fully charged 1-P doesn't work. It becomes expected behavior after the first time you notice then you adjust and it becomes a non-issue.

TheSteelRider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Premium RWD
Country flag
I just got back from the dealer, swapping out my floor mats with the defect. Got new front and rear seat mats.

I have not seen the brake coach while in 1PD in any mode or in Unbridled mode at all. I only see it in Wisper or Engage with 1PD off.

While on the way there I messed around with the 1 pedal drive (1PD) settings and drive modes. Here are my unscientific, subjective seat of the pants perspective: W = Wisper, E = Engage, U = Unbridled, L = L button on shifter.

With 1PD on
W: good regen
E: good regen about the same as W mode
U: stronger regen than E or W

With 1PD off
W: nothing, like costing in neutral
E: mild regen
U: stronger regen than E but less than 1PD mode

With 1PD off and L mode
W: good regen, I would say the same as 1PD
E: good regen, I would say the same as 1PD
U: stronger regen than E or W, I would say the same as 1PD

With 1PD on and L mode
W: same as 1PD not stronger
E: same as 1PD not stronger
U: same as 1PD not stronger

To be honest I've never noticed any transition from regen to or from the friction brakes. The 1PD is strong enough to have the ABS kick on (because my street is a sheet of ice).
With this description (oh thank you VERY much by the way for the scientific layout), I can't see the difference between "L" and "1PD". Not sure what Ford intends there besides being overly complicated.

Brademcee

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E FE Blue Grabber, Tesla Model 3 Performance
Country flag
you and me both :)

• Infinite Blue Metallic Tinted Clearcoat
    $400
  • Light Space Gray Perforated ActiveX™ Seating Material
My exact Color options too! But if I had the option of FE GB that would be my first choice but I joined the ME bandwagon too late.
Sponsored