Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Focus, Escape, 289 Cobra, GT40, Caterham, Excursion
Occupation
Specialty Car Dealer
Country flag
excellent -
Question - last pic left side seems to have open access to what looks like a fuse set? Is that open or covered?
OBD plug
Sponsored

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Is there some kind of trim piece that covers the diagnostic port? It looks really unfinished and pretty ugly. I don’t recall seeing it on the cars at the road shows in the fall.
It’s like that in most cars. It likely looks very similar in the car you drive now and you probably never noticed.

GMach

First Name
G
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
C-Max Hybrid SEL; Jetson Adventure Electric Bike
Occupation
Healthcare IT
Country flag
I'm not an audiophile. I would say the system is good. I turned it up a few times, no awful distortion or anything like that. Since there's a lack of engine noise you can hear it better at low volume.

So the short version is it's a good system but not super duper high end. It's certainly better than what I had in my C-Max but not as good as what's in my wife's Explorer ST with her 14 speaker system.
Thanks for the update! If it's better than the C-Max, that's a good thing as my Sony C-Max system is pretty sweet for a stock system!

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
I'm not an audiophile. I would say the system is good. I turned it up a few times, no awful distortion or anything like that. Since there's a lack of engine noise you can hear it better at low volume.

So the short version is it's a good system but not super duper high end. It's certainly better than what I had in my C-Max but not as good as what's in my wife's Explorer ST with her 14 speaker system.
not exactly a glowing review. But I kinda expected it to be just ok. I would have gladly paid a premium for a stellar system though. I wish that were an option on the GT for instance.

ajmartineau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E
Country flag
My only question is did they take the x-plan and no ADM?

As far as 100% charge and re-gen. The Bolt and Model Y show you that you will not get full regen at a high state of charge. My MB250e gives "full" regen braking at 100% state of charge but it's pretty weak, to begin with.

Mopey

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME GTPE, 22 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
I’m leaving it in for now. If my use case changes then I have no problem pulling it out.

Here’s a gallon jug for size comparison. There’s plenty of room on the sides but it won’t fit in the front or backside of the middle section.
It looks like it might be possible to lift out the shorter plastic section in the center of the frunk and leave the two larger plastic sections in place. Is that possible?

OP
OP
hybrid2bev

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag
not exactly a glowing review. But I kinda expected it to be just ok. I would have gladly paid a premium for a stellar system though. I wish that were an option on the GT for instance.
Understood. I'm just giving you all my honest opinions. I'm not going to hype up anything about the Mach-E without deserving it in my opinion, I'm not in PR. LOL.

Stereo's just aren't that important to me. Does it make sound and is that sound not hurt my ears by being all screechy. Check and Check....done. Some people may think the system is great. I'm not saying it's terrible or it's the best system ever. It's just not what is on the top of my list of things I care about in a vehicle.

OP
OP
hybrid2bev

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag
My only question is did they take the x-plan and no ADM?

As far as 100% charge and re-gen. The Bolt and Model Y show you that you will not get full regen at a high state of charge. My MB250e gives "full" regen braking at 100% state of charge but it's pretty weak, to begin with.
I'm on A-Plan. But yes my dealer takes plan pricing which means no ADM.

SyNRG

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Explorer Sport & 2021 MME Select (SR) RWD
Occupation
Healthcare Data Analysis
Country flag
Understood. I'm just giving you all my honest opinions. I'm not going to hype up anything about the Mach-E without deserving it in my opinion, I'm not in PR. LOL.
Come on now, gotta hype it up to pump up the stonks! :p?

All Hat No Cattle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Genesis GV-80 , 2017 Edge Titanium
Country flag
Lol - thats my fear with my RR too - GB was too bright as well to be noticed and I already have several Gray vehicles - struggled with the color choice before deciding to be careful with RR
RR is a beautiful color. Don't be afraid that it is a ticket magnet, LOL, I've had various red trucks and cars for over 10 years, never pulled over.

Ford Mustang Mach-E My Mach-E Day 1 Impressions 1611953816274