Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo C40 Recharge, 2021 MME
Occupation
Artist, animal rights activist
Country flag
I expect it to be a good stock system, considering the few minutes I had with it in one of the tour cars. As good as the HK system in the mercedes, but not as good as the Burmester surround system, or B&W in the Volvo (none of which are as good as a custom setup however.) I suspect, like the escape I had with the "audiophile" system, just swapping out some of the speakers would be all I would need if I feel like improving it.

not exactly a glowing review. But I kinda expected it to be just ok. I would have gladly paid a premium for a stellar system though. I wish that were an option on the GT for instance.
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
hybrid2bev

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag
It looks like it might be possible to lift out the shorter plastic section in the center of the frunk and leave the two larger plastic sections in place. Is that possible?
No you can't lift out the center divider. It looks like you can from the front.

Ford Mustang Mach-E My Mach-E Day 1 Impressions IMG-0891

But the backside has a bigger part that prevents it from lifting out.

Ford Mustang Mach-E My Mach-E Day 1 Impressions IMG-0892

But the divider is only held in with these push pins. They come out SUPER easy. Just put a flat screwdriver into this slot and give it a gentle twist. They pop right open and you can easily pull them out or put them back.

Ford Mustang Mach-E My Mach-E Day 1 Impressions IMG-0895

Ford Mustang Mach-E My Mach-E Day 1 Impressions IMG-0896

mmefan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME ER/AWD
Country flag
@hybrid2bev Have you tried multiple profiles yet? If so, I'm curious if the vehicle configures settings, seat position memory, etc. depending on which profile is chosen. Even better, when using PAAK, does it intelligently recognize which profile to set depending on with PAAK is present?

OP
OP
hybrid2bev

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
@hybrid2bev Have you tried multiple profiles yet? If so, I'm curious if the vehicle configures settings, seat position memory, etc. depending on which profile is chosen. Even better, when using PAAK, does it intelligently recognize which profile to set depending on with PAAK is present?
Not yet. I think that's on the agenda for tonight or tomorrow. We'll add my wife's phone and profile. I haven't driven it yet with my PaaK. I'll give another report once we try these out.

NoMoShocks

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Chevy Bolt Premier EV, 2018 Mitsubishi Outlander GT PHEV
Occupation
Electrical product safety engineer
Country flag
I see a problem here: Each time someone gets their Mach-E delivered they spend all their time driving it around after the initial post "its here!". ;)

Of course this means that thread blows up with congrats and questions but they don't get back in a timely fasion because they are having too much fun.

(To be clear: snark I'll be doing the same....drain that battery mutliple times in one day LOL)
I am sure the Sync 4A system must have a Blog on the Go feature they could link with Mach E Forum and we would just get posts like "Oh WOW".

mattbostonmache

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rav4
Country flag
do you have an obd-2 device like carista?

I'm wondering what additional settings can be set and what data is reported out.

(Or does this take a while for the obd-2 device developers to decide the bus signals?)

OP
OP
hybrid2bev

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
do you have an obd-2 device like carista?

I'm wondering what additional settings can be set and what data is reported out.

(Or does this take a while for the obd-2 device developers to decide the bus signals?)
Sorry no I don't have any OBD device.

Maric

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Jeez. Changing expected behavior based on a state that isn't obvious to the user/driver is definitely NOT the way to go.

#TeslaSubtweet

GMach

First Name
G
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
C-Max Hybrid SEL; Jetson Adventure Electric Bike
Occupation
Healthcare IT
Country flag
I expect it to be a good stock system, considering the few minutes I had with it in one of the tour cars. As good as the HK system in the mercedes, but not as good as the Burmester surround system, or B&W in the Volvo (none of which are as good as a custom setup however.) I suspect, like the escape I had with the "audiophile" system, just swapping out some of the speakers would be all I would need if I feel like improving it.
I totally agree! Just swapping out the speakers is like night and day!

GMach

First Name
G
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
C-Max Hybrid SEL; Jetson Adventure Electric Bike
Occupation
Healthcare IT
Country flag
I’m leaving it in for now. If my use case changes then I have no problem pulling it out.

Here’s a gallon jug for size comparison. There’s plenty of room on the sides but it won’t fit in the front or backside of the middle section.
F48F0A9E-F860-4F6C-8A17-189BE63EB435.jpeg
FE44D4BA-5ADC-41EF-9397-2ED899D94ED5.jpeg
86F1E2B5-60DD-4DA6-BF91-B19C31DB440B.jpeg
BEDE8415-BD27-4361-B175-80F78BF896A8.jpeg
Does the Frunk only have the one light (on the left side) and does it have a manual on/off switch? I ask because it has cupholders in there and I can't imagine Front-tailgating (Frailgating?) and having that light blaring at you the whole time.

Also, what about if a small person gets locked in there with the hood shut. Does it have one of those inside quick release levers like rear trunks have?

Last edited:
OP
OP
hybrid2bev

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Does the Frunk only have the one light (on the left side) and does it have a manual on/off switch? I ask because it has cupholders in there and I can't imagine Front-tailgating (Frailgating?) and having that light blaring at you the whole time.

Also, what about if a small person gets locked in there with the hood shut. Does it have one of those inside quick release levers like rear trunks have?
There is only one light. There is no light switch. There is a button directly below the light to press if someone is trapped in the frunk.

5A83987A-79E0-4BCA-B0F7-AA2D8B4CFC35.jpeg

Reactions: ARK
OP
OP
hybrid2bev

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Added the wife's profile and PaaK. No issues with it but to set it up you have to have the fob in the car while going through the process.

Went for a drive with my PaaK. No issues. So far so good.

Diesel

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A6, VW jetta tdi
Country flag
You got the premium awd with extended battery?

Tsand4

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E 1st Ed -rec'd 1/27/21, '14 Fusion Hybrid SE
Country flag
I'm curious as to the sound quality of the B&O sound system?
Is it up to snuff?
I've been impressed with it. When using Spotify, it didn't seem to reach peak volume compared to radio/SXM. Good range and bass doesn't overpower mid and high range. Bass gets up enough that you can feel it in your chest but doesn't make your head hurt.
Or, maybe that dealer just didn't know what they were doing...
The dealer didn't even know about the Active Assist Incentive since the dealer communication went out last October. The information about the Early Adopter Incentive early states the option can be purchased separately when it becomes available Q3 2021at an estimated cost of $100. With the incentive received at purchase that brings out of pocket cost to $500 (estimated) when available. (Compared to Tesla Full-self driving coming in at $10k)
Sponsored

Last edited: