RW Journey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford MME FE
Country flag
Heated Seats have 3 positions (4 if you count off) and has a slider.
"Auto" button has 3 positions (4 if you count off) and can be tapped.

Where is the logic there?

This is actually a very big concern for me, it indicates to me that the software teams are not as coordinated as I would have thought. This may just be a "bug" and corrected with an OTA update.
Sponsored

kdryden99

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Sentra Spec-V, Infinite Blue Mach E4X Prem
Country flag
Heated Seats have 3 positions (4 if you count off) and has a slider.
"Auto" button has 3 positions (4 if you count off) and can be tapped.

Where is the logic there?

This is actually a very big concern for me, it indicates to me that the software teams are not as coordinated as I would have thought. This may just be a "bug" and corrected with an OTA update.
I think we can all agree as we have seen in other threads, the temp slider, fan speed, heck even scrolling through radio presets should be able to be controlled by the big radio wheel I.e. click the temp and turn the knob to increase or decrease the temp/fan speed

shutterbug

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE
Country flag
How much did you have to pay for the second FOB? Ford has to admit PAAK isn't ready for prime time and provide a free second FOB like every other car offers. It is *insane* that they would insist you use PAAK all the time - it is so frustrating I gave up and never use it. Some engineers have to let go of their egos, accept the cost of a second FOB and then set about making PAAK work 100% of the time. Oh - also agree about the 12v battery thing - maybe an access panel?
$70 for the key and $80 to get the dealer to program it.

shutterbug

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE
Country flag
I think we can all agree as we have seen in other threads, the temp slider, fan speed, heck even scrolling through radio presets should be able to be controlled by the big radio wheel I.e. click the temp and turn the knob to increase or decrease the temp/fan speed
No, we don't all agree. I will agree with those that say that the dial is too big, too ugly, and too useless, and should never existed. But it seems unlikely that Ford will remove it anytime soon. So I resigned myself to living with it, since it's not a deal breaker.

Eosin

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium
Nice idea. We have a page of radio presets. We should be able to configure our profile page with our most desired quick links.
My Chrysler Pacifica has a row of buttons across the bottom of the screen which is fully customizable. You can just drag and drop icons such as climate control, navigation, 360 camera, etc to that row and have easy access.

I would think this could be an easy user interface update if Ford wanted to implement something similar.

If Ford ever starts having legit OTA updates beyond "bug fixes" this could be possible.

Last edited:

Scarpia

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Infinite Blue Premium, Standard Range, RWD
Country flag
How much did you have to pay for the second FOB?
$70 for the key and $80 to get the dealer to program it.
$85 for the key and $120 for the dealer to program it.

(That was the cheapest of four Ford dealers near me.)

kdryden99

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Sentra Spec-V, Infinite Blue Mach E4X Prem
Country flag
No, we don't all agree. I will agree with those that say that the dial is too big, too ugly, and too useless, and should never existed. But it seems unlikely that Ford will remove it anytime soon. So I resigned myself to living with it, since it's not a deal breaker.
So why not increase its functionality since?

machefan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RR FE 21', Leaf 18' and Bronco BadLands 2022
Occupation
IT
Country flag
$85 for the key and $120 for the dealer to program it.

(That was the cheapest of four Ford dealers near me.)
Many folks are just using their 22K Ford award points to pay for the programming. If one is looking to get a second FOB before taking delivery, I do suggest asking the dealer to program it for free before signing of the MME. They should be able to cover it under the dealer prep time, unless they are one of those not so giving dealers.

machefan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RR FE 21', Leaf 18' and Bronco BadLands 2022
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Like agreeing on the BUZZ right? :)

Maybe it was just for show or making some detail stand out? It's really is not needed if the same function is on the steering wheel or could be accomplished via the screen.

I don't mind it but also think it's taking up valuable screen space.

shutterbug

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE
Country flag
Like agreeing on the BUZZ right? :)

Maybe it was just for show or making some detail stand out? It's really is not needed if the same function is on the steering wheel or could be accomplished via the screen.

I don't mind it but also think it's taking up valuable screen space.
One important point. Just because you have certain view, doesn't mean that everyone is automatically must agree with you. I think the volume dial is pointless, but I fully realize that some people like it. Similarly, I and many others have removed frunk dividers, but some people have removed them. I am more bothered by statements that begin with "we must all agree that...".

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
That does not work for me. When I’m in reverse I can’t access HVAC controls or even adjust music volume. Maybe another bug with my particular software.
I was wrong. I CAN use the volume control in reverse. It’s only the HVAC and everything else that is locked out.

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
One important point. Just because you have certain view, doesn't mean that everyone is automatically must agree with you. I think the volume dial is pointless, but I fully realize that some people like it. Similarly, I and many others have removed frunk dividers, but some people have removed them. I am more bothered by statements that begin with "we must all agree that...".
Totally agree. There are only a few things about the Mach E we should all be able to agree on. Like that the volume knob kicks ass and would kick significantly more asses if we could use it to control a few more things.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
I think it’s highly probable that we’ll see additional functionality added to the knob via OTAs over the next year or so.
No, we don't all agree.
Well you’re right there. By definition since you don’t agree. :)
But it seems unlikely that Ford will remove it anytime soon
Good! Having to use the screen or even the steering wheel control for volume would have been a serious negative for me.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
How much did you have to pay for the second FOB? Ford has to admit PAAK isn't ready for prime time and provide a free second FOB like every other car offers. It is *insane* that they would insist you use PAAK all the time - it is so frustrating I gave up and never use it. Some engineers have to let go of their egos, accept the cost of a second FOB and then set about making PAAK work 100% of the time. Oh - also agree about the 12v battery thing - maybe an access panel?
https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/howto-purchase-and-program-a-2nd-key-fob-asking.4240/
https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/purchasing-and-programming-another-fob.3285/
Sponsored