RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
If there was a convention established where Teslas would know to always fill in left-to-right, and non-Teslas know to fill in right-to-left. And no leaving empty spaces or starting in the middle for anyone. You'd still get an unused charger when the two sides meet in the middle, but it would be at most 1 for the whole station regardless of how many chargers or the types of vehicles currently charging.
The problem is a space opens, car pulls in.
Sponsored

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
Does anyone think any OEM adapters will be shipped before April?

I was one of the lucky ones who got an extremely low order number with an Est ship by April 2024. Which seemingly means there are only a couple days left to ship by April 2024.

Unless of course they meant ship by the end of April 2024.
I think they will ship in April. If they ship at the end of April, it is still an April shipment.

My order number is 179 so expect we will receive our adapters at around the same time. It will be interesting to see what will happen. In April!

devmach-e

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Premium RWD ER, 2016 Toyota Highlander Hybrid
Occupation
Unix Sysadmin
Country flag

I was one of the lucky ones who got an extremely low order number with an Est ship by April 2024. Which seemingly means there are only a couple days left to ship by April 2024.

Always assume the end of a month when something says "by X month". Or by the end of a quarter when they say "by QX".

A2ZEV

First Name
A2ZEV
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MACH E GT
Country flag
While I await Ford's adapter, A2Z just delivered - just in time for tomorrow's road trip...
@A2ZEV - much appreciated the quick delivery !
Ford Mustang Mach-E NACS Adapter Now Available + Ford EV Owners Can Now Charge on Tesla Superchargers in U.S., Canada! ๐Ÿ™Œ A2Z_NACS
Enjoy! ๐Ÿ˜‰

Safe travels and if you have any issues, send us an email, they are monitored almost 24/7, we will answer you quite fast!

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag

I don't. In fact, based on the spread of order numbers vs the delivery months, I'm thinking first delivieries will be the last week or two of April.

Hope I'm wrong.

4sallypat

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 MME delivered May '23 + '22 Lightning July '22
Occupation
Network Tech
Country flag
Enjoy! ๐Ÿ˜‰

Safe travels and if you have any issues, send us an email, they are monitored almost 24/7, we will answer you quite fast!
Yes and thank you!
You do answer emails during the weekend which is above and beyond !

hack-e

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Prem AWD ER MME
Occupation
Robotics Engineer
Country flag
Hats off to @A2ZEV for filling the void. I had no plans to use any adapter other than the one from Ford/Tesla but the uncertainty in arrival of those (vague May for me) coupled with a planned long (~10 days) road trip at the start of July has resulted in an order for you.

I still plan to wait for the Ford one unless it doesn't show in time or if your adapter magically becomes approved by Ford and Tesla. Either way you got my money. Thank you.

azerik

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Spacey Prem4x, '21 RX450H, 13 Focus EV
Occupation
DevSecOps, General PITA
Country flag
I finally remembered I should look and see if my NACS will even do me any good on my frequent trips, and it won't. It won't help me on the back and forth to Flagstaff and I'd have to sit in El Centro to go to San Diego. I avoid El Centro at all costs usually. Even the Gila Bend or Yuma chargers won't NACS. Bummer.

last week or two of April.
Which summer?
;)

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
I finally remembered I should look and see if my NACS will even do me any good on my frequent trips, and it won't. It won't help me on the back and forth to Flagstaff and I'd have to sit in El Centro to go to San Diego. I avoid El Centro at all costs usually. Even the Gila Bend or Yuma chargers won't NACS. Bummer.
There are a lot of places where the Tesla network isn't of any help. On our trip from MI to CA and back, two hotels had a bank of empty Tesla V2 chargers. Wyoming, basically nada. Nevada, basically nada except outside Reno.

It is not a magic elixir. It helps in some areas, and will help where EA is performing poorly. Will also pull traffic from EA.

azerik

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Spacey Prem4x, '21 RX450H, 13 Focus EV
Occupation
DevSecOps, General PITA
Country flag
So maybe I worded it wrong and it'll actually help, Soon, when those desired chargers are upgraded to v4 or 5 hopefully, someday, Soon. I was pretty bummed that it also doesn't appear any V3 stations exist in northern AZ.

Granted I'm also thinking about this wrong. Here I'm sitting planning a trip and completely ignoring the fact EA/etc exist because... shiny NACS and all. I'll take a bit of a mind swap to just juggle the trip via a couple different route planners. (All of which while my Ford Connected Nav is expired :) )

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
So maybe I worded it wrong and it'll actually help, Soon, when those desired chargers are upgraded to v4 or 5 hopefully, someday, Soon. I was pretty bummed that it also doesn't appear any V3 stations exist in northern AZ.

Granted I'm also thinking about this wrong. Here I'm sitting planning a trip and completely ignoring the fact EA/etc exist because... shiny NACS and all. I'll take a bit of a mind swap to just juggle the trip via a couple different route planners. (All of which while my Ford Connected Nav is expired :) )
Just drive a ICEV and you won't have to do any of that ridiculous planning stuff.

AZBill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Hummer EV SUT, MME CA Route 1
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag

Which summer?
;)
Dateland along I-8 has 40 NACS compatible chargers and Tacna has 8.

4sallypat

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 MME delivered May '23 + '22 Lightning July '22
Occupation
Network Tech
Country flag
Enjoy! ๐Ÿ˜‰

First Tesla SC stop in Tejon Ranch, California.
$0.50/kWh - very fast charge experience.
No issues parking or charging using the @A2ZEV adapter.
Very empty Tesla location:
Ford Mustang Mach-E NACS Adapter Now Available + Ford EV Owners Can Now Charge on Tesla Superchargers in U.S., Canada! ๐Ÿ™Œ IMG_1826.JPG

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag

Miriam Webster includes the definitions of "by" to include "not later than". Interestingly, there is no definition of "by" that means before.

That indicates that "Est. ship by April 2024" would mean to be shipped between now and the end of April.
Sponsored