New best 0-60 time in MME 4X (Dragy run)

Pushrods&Capacitors

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 4X, ‘14 SS Sedan tuned, ‘17 WRX tuned
Occupation
Analyst
Country flag
Let me preface this by saying I’ve been playing around with different launch techniques because it seems Ford has limited initial output. I’ve done 1pd off/on, TCS off/on, Engaged vs Unbridled blah blah. So far, the quickest run occurred just the other day at 88% SOC with 1pd off and Unbridled mode. Drag racers will note the soft launch and resulting slow 0-30mph time of 2.39 secs. However, after that it really does pull well. In fact, the 4.64 w/1ft roll out is much quicker than the 4.9 I’ve seen Ford quote and the 4.8s I’ve seen in Car and Driver and MT reviews. I’m still tweaking the launch in an attempt to get the 2.1 0-30mph that it should be capable of. Ford really needs to do an OTA to allow for a launch control but doubtful they’ll do that while GT owners languish with 5 sec power limiting though 😂. Discuss 🤔
Ford Mustang Mach-E New best 0-60 time in MME 4X (Dragy run) 08FC588D-6FBD-4A34-BA4D-BD8958B3C42B
Sponsored

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
I’m going to have to get one of these by next winter so I can cry myself to sleep every night.

OP
OP
Pushrods&Capacitors

Pushrods&Capacitors

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Analyst
Country flag
I’m going to have to get one of these by next winter so I can cry myself to sleep every night.
Dude, ante up! Haha. Seriously, I just think it’s kinda sad that the 4X with awd traction and 350/430 hp/tq and instant electric response is so much slower to 30mph than my rwd car with 475/475 - that one has gotten 1.93 0-30s 😂 That’s an instant 2-3 car lengths on launch.

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
How hard is it to move it from one vehicle to another?

OP
OP
Pushrods&Capacitors

Pushrods&Capacitors

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Analyst
Country flag
How hard is it to move it from one vehicle to another?
Super easy, the module is the length of a finger and dragy provides you with 2 little metal plates with sticky backing, one for each car. The dragy has a magnet inside so it sticks firmly to the plate to avoid unwanted movement during moderate/ higher G events.

OP
OP
Pushrods&Capacitors

Pushrods&Capacitors

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Analyst
Country flag
It would be easier if he got a GTPE!

I honestly don’t miss driving my SS at all!

The SS was an amazing drivers car. The GTPE is more fun to drive.
Bait taken 😉

1. We’ll trade her 4X in if/when Ford fixes the 5 second full power limiter. Even 10 seconds would suffice, honestly.

2. Opinions vary - Dalton (1988)

3. See #2. Also, if you do any track time there is no comparison I’m sure. But you know that already. I’m running 19x9 SS rear wheels all around with a square 275/35 set up w/Conti ExtremeContact Sport summers and the already fabulous handling and steering improved further. My generic SS 1LE sedan if you will. Mild entry understeer banished. Totally neutral balance unless you act stupid. Combine that with the 115” wheelbase and it’s the sweetest exit drifter I’ve ever driven bar none. 🔥 😎

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
Bait taken 😉

1. We’ll trade her 4X in if/when Ford fixes the 5 second full power limiter. Even 10 seconds would suffice, honestly.

2. Opinions vary - Dalton (1988)

3. See #2. Also, if you do any track time there is no comparison I’m sure. But you know that already. I’m running 19x9 SS rear wheels all around with a square 275/35 set up w/Conti ExtremeContact Sport summers and the already fabulous handling and steering improved further. My generic SS 1LE sedan if you will. Mild entry understeer banished. Totally neutral balance unless you act stupid. Combine that with the 115” wheelbase and it’s the sweetest exit drifter I’ve ever driven bar none. 🔥 😎
Ah, the only track I took mine to was the drag strip. That would make a significant difference for sure if I took it to a “real track.”

I did swap out the mediocre stock rubber on the SS for Pilot Sport 4S tires (took 5 months to wait for them to come in). That made a huge difference in traction.

Side note: my old 02 Trans Am was way easier to drift.

bristol16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 GTPE, '15 SS
Country flag
I just had the summer rubber put back on my GTPE this week…may finally be time to break in my Draggy 🤔

OP
OP
Pushrods&Capacitors

Pushrods&Capacitors

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Analyst
Country flag
I just had the summer rubber put back on my GTPE this week…may finally be time to break in my Draggy 🤔
It’s on! Don’t forget to create the custom 30-70, 20-80, 30-100, 20-100 runs in addition to the preset ones. 👍🏻😎
Ford Mustang Mach-E New best 0-60 time in MME 4X (Dragy run) D96084E1-43CD-449D-894E-8A6D8939EAB9

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
Alight @Pushrods&Capacitors I bit the bullet and ordered. What I’m really curious about is the 55-85MPH time. For passing. I’ll be able to compare my GT-PE and her 4X.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Pushrods&Capacitors

Pushrods&Capacitors

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Analyst
Country flag
Alight @Pushrods&Capacitors I bit the bullet and ordered. What I’m really audio is about is the 55-85MPH time. For passing. I’ll be able to compare my GT-PE and her 4X.
The Force can have a strong influence……I left the rest out on purpose 👍🏻.

Seriously, when you get your Dragy you’ll need to go into the custom area to create your own mph-mph run captures because the preset Dragy ones are like 0-100, 60-130, 100-150 etc. You can create as many as you want though.

Jon

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT Finally
Occupation
Electrical Controls Engineer
Country flag
While I'm not afraid to spend money, "just ask my wife", is there a Dragy model I should be looking at? Performance Meter vs. RaceBox?

Jon

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT Finally
Occupation
Electrical Controls Engineer
Country flag
I meant performance meter not Dragy model.

ripperAZ

First Name
Ripper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ice White Mustang Mach E AWD EX BATT
Country flag
I love when the fast and the furious occasionally breaks out here on the normally electrotechnical forum. I’m gonna go have a shot of 109 octane fuel

burp

Jes sayin. Well done torque maniacs
Sponsored