Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 MME Premium AWD ER in Infinite Blue
Occupation
Accountant-Retired
Country flag
A company named AppleGreen Electric is building universal fast charging stations to be located in CT rest stops on I-95 and I-395. Two fast charging stations are operational I-95 southbound in the Madison CT rest area. I was passing by today and did a brief charge just to see if they work. My report is it charged at 98 kWh, costs $0.35 per kWh, and took credit card payment. If they get other universal units in the other rest areas as promised, it’s a major plus for driving EV’s through CT.

I don’t see it listed in PlugShare yet.
Sponsored

mikeinet

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Standard AWD Tech/Comfort
Occupation
Cyber Security, First Responder
Country flag
About time someone challenged Tesla's saturation of all the CT Highways!!

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
A company named AppleGreen Electric is building universal fast charging stations to be located in CT rest stops on I-95 and I-395. Two fast charging stations are operational I-95 southbound in the Madison CT rest area. I was passing by today and did a brief charge just to see if they work. My report is it charged at 98 kWh, costs $0.35 per kWh, and took credit card payment. If they get other universal units in the other rest areas as promised, it’s a major plus for driving EV’s through CT.

I don’t see it listed in PlugShare yet.
You can add it.

Tim_C

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E FE GB
Country flag

bshaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E 4X (Job 1)
Country flag
This company has some exciting plans, I hope they can build what’s shown on their map. CCS chargers with good specs, right at the rest stops on major routes like the NY ThruWay and the Mass Turnpike.

https://www.applegreenelectric.com/our-network/
Nice plans and looking forward to having more density and competition throughout NY/NE.
I noticed they have 5 planned for the Merritt Parkway -- but all of them say they are on the southbound side? WTF?

mikeinet

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Standard AWD Tech/Comfort
Occupation
Cyber Security, First Responder
Country flag
I’m kinda confused by their web site though
 looks like they manage the Tesla chargers? So is that what they’re referencing?

OP
OP
ChuckA

ChuckA

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 MME Premium AWD ER in Infinite Blue
Occupation
Accountant-Retired
Country flag
I’m kinda confused by their web site though
 looks like they manage the Tesla chargers? So is that what they’re referencing?
They drop a lot of names on their website. They want to be the charger for all EV's.

They are installing universal fast chargers that anyone can use, even Tesla with an adapter, but these are not Tesla Superchargers and Apple Green Electric does manage Tesla chargers.

I also noticed that all CT installations are on the Southbound side of the highway. It would make more sense to do both sides concurrently, like done when the plazas were built.

mattbostonmache

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rav4
Country flag
It would be disappointing if they installed new on-highway chargers in 2022 and they weren’t at least 150kW (or 350kW).

NJ_MachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Mach-E Select RWD wComfort/Tech, '16 Honda Fit
Country flag
They drop a lot of names on their website. They want to be the charger for all EV's.

They are installing universal fast chargers that anyone can use, even Tesla with an adapter, but these are not Tesla Superchargers and Apple Green Electric does manage Tesla chargers.

I also noticed that all CT installations are on the Southbound side of the highway. It would make more sense to do both sides concurrently, like done when the plazas were built.
Applegreen is a company that manages rest areas on behalf of the states. I know they will be operating all the NYS Thruway rest areas once they are rebuilt over the next few years, And part of the agreement was they would install fast chargers at each rest area as part of that rebuild. Maybe they only manage the southbound plazas for the Merittt?
Sponsored