Redundant

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E 4X-Space White, 1 Ford Flex, 2 Ford Escapes
Country flag
New Jersey is providing money to add charging stations through out the state, in particular the Garden State Parkway and the Turnpike. We have a $5,000 rebate for EVs that have an MSRP under $55K. That is in addition to the federal rebate. And finally, we have no sales tax on the purchase of EVs. No place better to be an EV buyer and owner. I will be using my Mach-E to commute to the Bronx daily, approximately 60 mile round trip. Looking forward to it.

Is the title too stupid? Should I change it?
Sponsored

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
The title works for me! More important, it is finally GOOD to be from the garbage garden state!

OP
OP
Redundant

Redundant

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
The title works for me! More important, it is finally GOOD to be from the garbage garden state!
Exactly. Nice to have a governor who isn't spending his time shutting down the George Washington Bridge.

richs

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln Ls
Country flag
I live in NJ so was excited about the tax credit. That could reduce the cost by 12K with the federal credit, It has been so long ago that I made the reservation that I had to look it up. The Premier with extended range and fancy paint is listed at 56,400$. I may have to drop the bigger battery to make it under 55K. That would make long trips a lot harder though.

OP
OP
Redundant

Redundant

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I live in NJ so was excited about the tax credit. That could reduce the cost by 12K with the federal credit, It has been so long ago that I made the reservation that I had to look it up. The Premier with extended range and fancy paint is listed at 56,400$. I may have to drop the bigger battery to make it under 55K. That would make long trips a lot harder though.
That is the compromise I decided on. SR battery.

JSOrange97

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-150, Chevrolet Suburban K1500
Country flag
That is the compromise I decided on. SR battery.
I’ll likely be changing mine to SR as well. Reserved ER Premium in Nov before the NJ incentive was announced.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Alternatively, you could go for the California route 1 edition for $53k ($41k after rebates) if you prefer range over AWD. If you really want alternatives, there's the Model 3 LR which also has AWD for $47k ($42k after NJ rebate).

c max

First Name
phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Premium Rapid Red
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Alternatively, you could go for the California route 1 edition for $53k ($41k after rebates) if you prefer range over AWD. If you really want alternatives, there's the Model 3 LR which also has AWD for $47k ($42k after NJ rebate).
First, after all these months reading posts by timbop, I finally have to say, your picture, of what I assume is your dog, is the spitting image of a mutt I had many years ago, they could be twins.......it brings back good memories........as for the mach e, the good and bad of where I live is , everything I think I would ever need is within 5 miles of my house, including 3 hospitals.......most of my driving is under 40 mph, so my need for range is not all that important (plus I will keep my c max energi, for any longer trips).......my charge times for the c max have always been hours less than Ford's estimates, so I will be happy to keep charging with a 120 line (until not do-able, then switch to 240).......and I haven't been concerned about 0-60 since I had my '67 mustang back when I was in my 20's, hahaha.......I'm still going with my Select model, standard range, RWD.......the only option I will get will be the package that includes heated seats (plus other items) that my salesman sent me a screen shot of (in Dec, hope it hasn' changed........it's all about getting what YOU need for your driving.......after telling one of my buddies about the fed. tax credit, nj $5000 incentive and NO sales tax, he said "how can you not buy it", hahaha........take care all.......hopefully we'll get to see and maybe test drive sooner than later.....

OP
OP
Redundant

Redundant

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
First, after all these months reading posts by timbop, I finally have to say, your picture, of what I assume is your dog, is the spitting image of a mutt I had many years ago, they could be twins.......it brings back good memories........as for the mach e, the good and bad of where I live is , everything I think I would ever need is within 5 miles of my house, including 3 hospitals.......most of my driving is under 40 mph, so my need for range is not all that important (plus I will keep my c max energi, for any longer trips).......my charge times for the c max have always been hours less than Ford's estimates, so I will be happy to keep charging with a 120 line (until not do-able, then switch to 240).......and I haven't been concerned about 0-60 since I had my '67 mustang back when I was in my 20's, hahaha.......I'm still going with my Select model, standard range, RWD.......the only option I will get will be the package that includes heated seats (plus other items) that my salesman sent me a screen shot of (in Dec, hope it hasn' changed........it's all about getting what YOU need for your driving.......after telling one of my buddies about the fed. tax credit, nj $5000 incentive and NO sales tax, he said "how can you not buy it", hahaha........take care all.......hopefully we'll get to see and maybe test drive sooner than later.....
I was absolutely feeling that way up until Covid, from MME to PPE. Seems like such a deal in NJ. But, this whole thing has shaken my resolve. My 2015 Edge Sport will be fully paid for in a years time and it would be nice to not have payments for a while. Further, I know the accepted smart fiscal thing to do is to run your car as long as you can. I was ignoring that because frankly, I loved the idea of fully electric car, no oil changes, gas fill ups, environmental help, etc. We are a fully Ford household, so the MME was a natural next step. But, I am getting cold feet. Trying to settle my mind on what my decision will be before June 22, whether to proceed or drop. Will know in a couple of weeks though.:rolleyes:

OP
OP
Redundant

Redundant

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
You are right, the state has gone all in on promoting EVs, I will give them that, including installing chargers up and down on the Turnpike and Garden State Parkway. Would love to be one of the first with an MME as well. Never had that thrill.

Got a good deal on my Ford Edge Sport at the time, but they are expensive. Their MSRP is not much lower, high 40s than the Premium I preordered, with SR batteries. And the MME will perform very similar, as they both are approx mid-5's for 0-60.

I remain worried about depreciation on the MME due to advances in tech coming. The Fed & State benefits help some on that front.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I’ll likely be changing mine to SR as well. Reserved ER Premium in Nov before the NJ incentive was announced.
And $5000 savings pays for a lot of rental car days for long road trips, with a lot left over.

I'm getting the SR too. Not because of a tax credit price cap, but simply to save the $5000 for what amounts to only 60 more miles of range (which at highway speeds is only like 45). I'll just drive ICE on long trips. I'll own a 2nd (ICE) car anyway, but even if I didn't, I'd just rent one for the week for a few $hundred. And still come out WAY ahead saving the $5000.

zhackwyatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 InfBlu Prem MMEx Past: '13 C-Max '98 Explorer
Country flag

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Your looking at about 3 miles of range added per hour.
https://www.ford.com/powertrains/battery-electric-vehicles/

I guess its possible if you don't drive much, but from empty to full its over 3 days of charging at 24/hours a day.
For my purposes, that would actually be sufficient 98% of the time. We're retired, and the vehicles usually sit in the garage for at least 15 hours overnight (and some days don't get used at all). Adding at least 45 miles each night should be plenty to cover our typical needs.

But I'll likely go ahead and install 240V in the garage anyway. While it should be very rare, I'd want the ability to fill it to 100% if I'm planning a lengthy drive the next day (although we'd probably just use the ICE vehicle for that anyway).

c max

First Name
phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Premium Rapid Red
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Your looking at about 3 miles of range added per hour.
https://www.ford.com/powertrains/battery-electric-vehicles/

I guess its possible if you don't drive much, but from empty to full its over 3 days of charging at 24/hours a day.
Ford has stated on the c max about 7 hours, never has a full charge taken longer than, at most 5 hours on the 120 line.......so if the mme is similar, and I drive to a few stores, run a trip to home depot + , I'll put 20-25 miles on the car.........to keep the charge full, a few hours, very do-able for me.......I understand that for those of us putting on 100 miles a day, you have a different situation.....and yesterday I did a complete charge in the c max, took less than 5 hours, 32 miles when complete.....yes I do also understand, that the mileage after charging is based on your driving styles.....again, for me the 120 will work......once I gave a complete charge, it shouldn't be a problem to maintain a full charge based on my driving distances......when it becomes an issue, I'll upgrade to 240.....each of us is in a different situation, and remember I''m retired so less required driving by a long shot.....take care
Sponsored