Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevrolet Volt, Ford Expedition
Occupation
Electronics Engineer
Country flag
I had Bolt and Volt. My Volt was very good: quiet, efficient, beautiful, luxury and drove very well. Tesla model 3 is much better than Bolt, ( roomier, faster, more agile, higher tech...), but both are not as quiet as Volt.. With reputation of previous models, especially the Edge, I think Mustang Mach E will has quiet and nice ride
The problem with Mach e is availability. Sold out through 2020 and maybe even 2021. Can you wait until 2022 for your next car?
Sponsored

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
The problem with Mach e is availability. Sold out through 2020 and maybe even 2021. Can you wait until 2022 for your next car?
Only the special first edition is sold out; any of the other 4 models are still available to be preordered for delivery in 2021.

BryCola

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
"Only the special first edition is sold out"

I feel like a lot of people are misinterpreting what "First Edition" means. I've seen other people saying that all of the first years Mach E's are sold out. When Ford said the "First Edition" was sold out, they thought it meant that all of the first years were sold out.

Whatstreet

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Electronics Engineer
Country flag
Ford says they will build 50K cars in the first year. I think that means 2021. They will ship 30K cars to locations with heavy EV mandates and incentives world wide.

That leaves 20K cars for North America. I think they can sell that many E's in California alone and with no advertising. I won't reserve as car I haven't driven. That goes for the Tesla Y also. It appears I will be able to inspect one if not drive it next month.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Ford says they will build 50K cars in the first year. I think that means 2021. They will ship 30K cars to locations with heavy EV mandates and incentives world wide...
I think they will ship 50,000 to wherever they can get orders rather than creating an artificial barrier between markets that could leave unsatisfied demand in one region and unsold product in another. It is clear from the reservation number thread that Europe and the US are in the same pool of reservation numbers, and there is only one production line. That implies all orders are in the same pool for delivery.

Ford has smart people working for them and they have managed to weather many economic storms and market shifts; I think they will manage to roll out the Mach E more successfully than Tesla rolled out the 3. Tesla's 2019 success with the 3 has come after many problems, missteps, and broken promises.

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
I wish you were allowed to sit in the ones at the car shows, just to size up how it feels. As far as the first model year niggles, hopefully with almost a year to deliever, they will work a lot of them out. but I would expect some issues. It's inevitable, especially since it is all new tech from the ground up. The Y might have the advantage of building on the 3's issues in contrast. I guess we'll see on that front by Spring.

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
Keep in mind that it is easier to ship an EV around the world than it is an ICE car. You really only need to change the plug since the cars have no emissions you don't have to worry about all the different emission rules. Well at least to all the countries with left hand drive.

Whatstreet

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Electronics Engineer
Country flag
Does this mean that your Tesla Model 3 LR AWD will be for sale?

ted99

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 530e x 2
Country flag
Signed up just after the launch video. I bought a BMW i3 in 2014 when they were first introduced. It was a BEV with the Rex range-extender. Sold it after 3 years (wish I had leased it as I took a big bath) because of it's coal-cart-like ride. Since have had 4 BMW PHEV's which work well for me. Most local driving is EV and I have an ICE for trips. Looking to replace one of my 2 current PHEV's with an EV to avoid the jockeying needed to decide which of the two cars gets charged and when.

The only Fords I have ever owned were a 1965 Shelby GT 350 (SFM5S180), which was a daily driver for 4 years and a '97 Explorer Sport that was driven from Delaware to San Diego to Alaska's North Slope and back.

Saw the Mach-e at the Houston Auto show and it's a stunner. I also have paid reservations for the Volvo XC 40 Recharge and the Tesla Cybertruck. Had a paid reservation for the Audi e-Tron, but passed on it when the car came out because it's too big for a city car and range is too short for an inter-city car. When it comes out in 2021, I think the Audi Q4 e-Tron will be the ideal car for my urban use. If Ford cheap-charlie's the interior, I'll pass. If it rides like my Explorer Sport, I'll pass. Jury's out on what I'll buy and I have the reservations to preserve my options. I want an SUV form factor with a sedan-like ride and a luxury interior. It doesn't matter about the Cybertruck. If Musk delivers the base model for a price in the $30's as advertised, I'll get it as a third vehicle--it's just that outrageous. If I could own a Nissan GTR for four years as a third car, I can certainly keep a Cybertruck around--and it'll be a lot more useful!

Calvin4000

First Name
Michel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Harley Livewire, BMW 1250GS
Occupation
System Engineer
Country flag
Hi folks... I live in Switzerland and I placed a reservation for a red first edition, as we still have some availability around here... it will be my first EV....

It seems I can find more info in this forum than at my dealer’s, great....

SyNRG

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Explorer Sport & 2021 MME Select (SR) RWD
Occupation
Healthcare Data Analysis
Country flag
Hi all,
Considering the Mustang Mach E to be my first EV. I currently have a 2016 Mustang GT as my “weekend” car and a 2008 Civic as my daily/commuter car. Can’t wait to learn more about this platform.
Ford Mustang Mach-E New Members Introduction Thread 853EB8E7-D0D4-4CA7-9609-E0F68A67757E
Nice ride, Vader approves!

Sweetwater

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Country flag
Happy to be apart of this Forum. Yes I'm in for the long wait.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.