No complaints ! Just wanted to balance the scale…

George

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2005 Prius; 2011 Subaru Outback; 2021 Mustang Mach
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Just wanted to share that I’ve had my Mach E for almost 2 years. It’s been great in every way; reliable and trouble-free. I realize most forums are used for people having issues or registering complaints. This tends to create a feeling of overwhelming problems and provides a biased perspective for both existing and prospective owners.

I wanted to write a positive comment, and share that I have not had to get service or repairs, I have had no problems that I am just “living with.” I have 20,000 miles on the car and the tire treads are still great, the PAAK works fine, etc.

Not bragging; just trying to share that some (who know how many) of these Mach-E are performing perfectly and as expected.
Sponsored

J Duce

First Name
Jean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Explorer Sport
Country flag
Nice post. Pretty much same here. I've had my car since Feb '22 with 23K miles and barely any issues.

I won't complain about PAAK or any minor hiccups because I accepted these potential issues when I decided to be an early adopter and bought Ford's first real go at a ground up EV. Honestly, even with those minor problems, this car is still hit it out the park with me. It can only get better as Ford continues to recognize opportunities for improvement along with any feedback they receive from early adopter.

4sallypat

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 MME delivered May '23 + '22 Lightning July '22
Occupation
Network Tech
Country flag
Just wanted to share that I’ve had my Mach E for almost 2 years. It’s been great in every way; reliable and trouble-free. I realize most forums are used for people having issues or registering complaints. This tends to create a feeling of overwhelming problems and provides a biased perspective for both existing and prospective owners.

I wanted to write a positive comment, and share that I have not had to get service or repairs, I have had no problems that I am just “living with.” I have 20,000 miles on the car and the tire treads are still great, the PAAK works fine, etc.

Not bragging; just trying to share that some (who know how many) of these Mach-E are performing perfectly and as expected.
Good to hear and glad I just got mine last month.

No issues so far = very happy!

Teslaeata

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Red one
Country flag
Every car has its perceived or real glitches but with just over 61,000miles in 2 years working it really hard as I do and it’s a 👍👍 from me for the ‘Stang!

I sorted the short rear wiper. Fitted longer one.

The contactless ‘phone cooker is something I don’t use because I have no need; got a perfectly good frying pan in the house for my eggs.

The badges which kept falling off I replaced.

Ford contributed £3k to its acquisition cost so I’m still well in credit financially and in terms of goodwill.

Ford changed my broken screen as part of the windscreen recall saving me an insurance claim & policy excess.

When the park brake harnesses failed, and all cars have problems of this or some other kind, Ford replaced them straight away under warranty.

As soon as I reported those deteriorating puddle light lenses the dealer ordered new ones under warranty.

I’m happy with the dealer in the round.

I don’t share the need to froth over updates, don’t really care if I never see one, those I’ve seen I don’t really have the time for - games🤷🏼‍♂️ Alexa😴 Different looking icons🙄 Changing tone of bings, bongs and dings🤦‍♂️

So long as it charges reliably, goes well, stops and I can cram all my tools inside is just fine.

It’s drop-dead gorgeous and generally a joy to own and drive.

alexgorod

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Job 2 MME Premium SR AWD (21 CR-V - wife's)
Occupation
DBA
Country flag
I have had no problems that I am just “living with.”
Congratulations!

So your current trip odometer resets miles to zero on every start?
Your trip 1 odometer resets the consumption of the first touch of the "Reset" button?
You never got "Driving mode is unavailable"?
Your AndroidAuto/CarPlay connects to the car every single time?

Congratulations again!

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
I have had no problems that I am just “living with.”
Your car has several largely software problems you are living with, probably because you aren’t even aware of them. But otherwise I agree with your assessment.

RLW

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mustang Mach E Premium AWD Extended Battery
Country flag
Nice post. Pretty much same here. I've had my car since Feb '22 with 23K miles and barely any issues.

I won't complain about PAAK or any minor hiccups because I accepted these potential issues when I decided to be an early adopter and bought Ford's first real go at a ground up EV. Honestly, even with those minor problems, this car is still hit it out the park with me. It can only get better as Ford continues to recognize opportunities for improvement along with any feedback they receive from early adopter.
I've had my car since May '21 with 58,000 miles with very few issues. Like you, I accepted the fact that I was an early adopter. I've had issues with OTA updates. I had the headache of 5 trips to the dealer before Blue Cruise finally worked properly and a few other issues, just like most Mach E owners. However, I have been on at least 15 road trips with no issues and have the standard battery. I love my Mach E. I am glad to occasionally see threads like this to remind ourselves how much we have enjoyed owning our Mach Es. But I will say I've experienced fewer headaches because of the "other" threads pointing out issues and workarounds that I avoided or applied because the owners shared their experiences and frustrations. So for that, I say thank you for saving me some headaches.

Last edited:

BigMach-E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GTPE Shadow Black 2021
Occupation
IT
Country flag
I’ve had serious problems with the MME, HVJB failures, Body Control Module issues, and a whole host of little glitches, but I still love the car. I don’t think you can say that about many cars: “I’ve had 2 of the same car, both had catastrophic failures of the drivetrain in less than 10k of ownership, but I still love the car”.

Lloydian

First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT PE
Occupation
Bookkeeper
Country flag
I haven't had a perfect ownership experience, but in no way do I regret my purchase.

I've had the PAAK issues, yet I've always used my phone as my exclusive key (except for a few times when I had to use the backup code).

I've had the Apple Car Play connection issue, but notably, I haven't had that issue for a while now.

I've had to replace two tires (nothing any manufacturer can do about that), and I found that no one, not even the local dealers, carried the OEM tire model that came with my car.

And I had the HVBJB replaced. It never totally bricked, but it got fixed quickly enough once the warning message appeared.

DennisD

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E
Occupation
Driving School Instructor
Country flag

To be honest, brand loyalty means nothing to me. If someone wants to tear apart a car I own, I simply nod and say, I am sorry to hear that you are having issues with your car. I usually follow up with either these didn't happen to me or yes, I am having the same issues.

With that being said, I welcome the complaints here on the forum. To hear that someone is happy with their car is like saying I am going to visit my Dentist and tell them that my teeth don't hurt. 🤔

I personally want to know what to look out for and what to do in case a break down would happen. I didn't build or design this car so I take nothing personal about the defects or the non-defects if you will.

In any event, I am glad to hear that you don't want to complain about a car that you spent thousands of dollars on just a mere two years ago with 20,000 miles. (as it should be with any car)

Start a thread in 10 years and 100,000 miles and if it still good, you are on par for most cars on the road.👍

Teslaeata

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Red one
Country flag
To be honest, brand loyalty means nothing to me. If someone wants to tear apart a car I own, I simply nod and say, I am sorry to hear that you are having issues with your car. I usually follow up with either these didn't happen to me or yes, I am having the same issues.

With that being said, I welcome the complaints here on the forum. To hear that someone is happy with their car is like saying I am going to visit my Dentist and tell them that my teeth don't hurt. 🤔

I personally want to know what to look out for and what to do in case a break down would happen. I didn't build or design this car so I take nothing personal about the defects or the non-defects if you will.

In any event, I am glad to hear that you don't want to complain about a car that you spent thousands of dollars on just a mere two years ago with 20,000 miles. (as it should be with any car)

Start a thread in 10 years and 100,000 miles and if it still good, you are on par for most cars on the road.👍
10 years at 100,000miles? Try 18months. Look out for my thread 😁

SpaceEVDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ground-based: CA Route 1 AWD, ER
Occupation
Planetary Science
Country flag
I've got ~16 months, ~23,000 miles, and absolutely nothing worth complaining about.
Ford Mustang Mach-E No complaints !  Just wanted to balance the scale… Screenshot from 2023-07-11 17-12-04
Sponsored