No complaints ! Just wanted to balance the scale…

Teslaeata

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Red one
Country flag
Oh, and the Mustang brand? Well, it feels good to have bought into that brand.
Sponsored

AllenXS

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium Blue ER AWD
Country flag
28 months, 30k miles. Only 2 minor hiccups (HVBJV replacements), overall going extremely well. PAAK is awesome. Just don't say frunk! (Finally beat Jim to this one).

SpaceEVDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ground-based: CA Route 1 AWD, ER
Occupation
Planetary Science
Country flag
Getting stuck in the white stuff? It snow joke😳

Looks impressive, though.
Nope, not stuck! The mustang pushed through just fine. I just wanted a pretty photo.

ctenidae

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
DMG GT; Taycan, Q7, Sienna Hybrid
Occupation
Solver of problems
Country flag
Oh, and the Mustang brand? Well, it feels good to have bought into that brand.
This is the only way I would ever own a Mustang, and the 12 year old in all of us always wants a Mustang. 12 year old me is happy, I'm happy.

GreaseMonkey

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium ER AWD
Country flag
28 months, 30k miles. Only 2 minor hiccups (HVBJV replacements), overall going extremely well. PAAK is awesome. Just don't say frunk! (Finally beat Jim to this one).
I can’t tell if you’re being sarcastic or serious. I mean I would not call 2 hvbjb minor. It requires dropping the guts - a triple bypass of sorts.

AllenXS

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium Blue ER AWD
Country flag
I can’t tell if you’re being sarcastic or serious. I mean I would not call 2 hvbjb minor. It requires dropping the guts - a triple bypass of sorts.
I get that a lot.
Like major surgery it was hard at the time but once it’s over it’s better than before.

DennisD

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E
Occupation
Driving School Instructor
Country flag
It was kind of like my childhood pet (dog) that I had when I was 10 years old. We were having such difficulty with him before he died. Once he died, we had no issues (and still don't as of today). ;)

To be honest, I like the looks of my MME but I do wish the build quality (both tech and mechanical) were built better. But hey, if I look past it's defects I see none. 🤪

Gotta love the "blind"......................

Last edited:

ericNdfw

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Website
ericsmalling.com
Vehicles
`21 MME Prem 4X w/GTPE wheels,`22 Hyundai Palisade
Occupation
Solutions Architect (software)
Country flag
25 months and 26k miles on my job-1 premium and I'm very happy. The issues I've had have been handled very well by Ford and my dealer's service and collision center:
  • door unlocking issues: fixed
  • charging fans super loud: fixed
  • windshield and roof glass seal recall: fixed quickly
  • auto-tailgate opened overnight inside garage, scratching the paint against the garage door: Ford Warranty covered 100% of cost of re-painting and provided a loaner car (I turned the feature off so that's not "fixed" but I don't miss it)
  • PAAK (iOS) flaky: mostly-fixed (still has issues unlocking if BlueTooth headphones are active but that's probably an iPhone issue)
  • Infotainment slowness: mostly fixed (no longer takes 20 seconds to be usable upon startup which was my main complaint. Still could be more responsive incremental improvements are happening)
Still wish they'd give us driving data on the dash. Every other EV (and PHEV) I've seen has a real-time power usage gauge of some kind showing kW use vs. regen. (GT has a tiny version of this but should be more prominent and available to non-GT models)

GreaseMonkey

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium ER AWD
Country flag
I stand by my "brand loyalty" statement. People for years have put up with subpar quality from many of the domestic brands for years and frankly, they don't even realize it many times because of their blind faith in their particular brand that they drive. I purchased a 2022 Prius and it now has 36,000 miles on it and I have had zero issues with it. While nothing has gone wrong with the car, I don't feel that I need to let other Prius owners know that I have had no issues with it? I want to know if there are issues and see if I can get them remedied before they happen. If Ford made a quality car like the Prius that I drive, this thread would not be "needed" quite frankly. While the Prius is ugly IMHO, it is far superior in the quality comparison to the MME. I just hate that an American product that has been around well over 100 years are still making subpar components on their vehicles. Brand Loyalty is to blame IMO. Ford has calculated that they don't really "need" it to sell a ton of cars.

Don't get me wrong, I love the looks of the MME but for the price I paid and the quality (or lack of) is par for the course when it comes to owning a Ford product. One needs to go back to the early 70's to find "quality" in the craftsmanship with many of the domestic brands. Ever since the mid 70's, people have put up with crap for far too long. Complaining isn't the answer. Purchasing is what will make the Big 3 change at the end of the day. I have owned close to 100 vehicles and the quality drain if you will, has been ever so present in many of the domestic brands that I have owned in comparison to the foreign brands that I have owned. The early 80's (and I own an 81' Corvette btw) is near or close to the bottom of quality. It has ticked up a bit but it still sucks in comparison. My 08 Corvette sucked for build quality as well. It is kind of like sticking with a politician because he/she has "their" letter behind his or her name. If they suck, one needs to call them out on it no matter the letter behind their name.

Like I said before, I am glad that a few feel the need to say they are having no issues but I do encourage those that "complain", to keep me informed of potential problems/issues with the MME. Those that found rust issues is one thread that I am thankful for. I would have hated those that saw rust to simply say, I love my car and have no issues. I will be much more alert to the bottom of the door panels and if I see bubbling, I will part ways with my MME in a heartbeat.

If there are people that are looking to purchase an MME, I am guessing they can filter through the "less important" problems and sift through the "not so minor" problems. Most cars have issues and most people vent. I most likely would have still purchased my MME but it does have a host of problems that should not have happened had the Ford Engineers not been asleep at the wheel.

When Ford starts making quality cars, I will be the first to post the thread titled, "It is about ef'n time!!" ;)
I think it’s a combination of tribalism and lack of experience with what good looks like. JD Power survey is a great indicator for what you can expect on a macro level. Ford is average. Toyota is still top notch. These results mirror my experience with the MME and the Prius. We owned the latter for 6 years, had one issue with it. It held up to family use so well and looked brand new when I traded it in for the MME for $1,500 less than what I bought it for.

SpaceEVDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ground-based: CA Route 1 AWD, ER
Occupation
Planetary Science
Country flag
I don't do brand loyalty. Most of the vehicles we've owned have been Toyota or Subaru. But that wasn't due to some kind of loyalty (I simply don't believe in loyalty to corporations). It was mostly because those were the best value for the price and the vehicles best met our needs at the time we bought them. Whenever the need demanded a different vehicle, we went with the thing that made the most sense.

The Mustang is only the second Ford vehicle I've owned. The first was a 1968 Mercury Cougar in the 1980s to mid 1990s. If the Mustang fails to meet our needs in the future---whether that's because our needs change or the Mustang stops performing---we'll sell it and will look at what's available at the time. So far, the Mustang is one of the best vehicles we've owned.

Most of the complaints I've seen on the forum are not things that we've experienced, and after 23,000 miles, I'm not worried about experiencing them. I suppose it's not entirely unlikely that we'll experience the HVBJB failure at some point, but the worst I can imagine is a power reduction and warning while traveling at highway speed. I've had vehicles catastrophically fail me at highway speeds before and in this time of cell phones and so much easier access to support infrastructure than my past experiences, I don't anticipate any kind of massive problem. From my point of view, it's a low-probability, low-impact kind of event and is certainly not going to make me stop driving a vehicle that I love to drive.

Reactions: ARK

Hartland

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-e AWD Extended
Occupation
Civil Servent
Country flag
Same here the car is excellent & love driving it. Most of my UK driving is done within a single charge if I charge to 100% for my long journeys circa 200 miles & when I have have to charge for this journeys the on board navigation works fine & seems to update well for maps & traffic conditions
The only minor moan is I wish Ford would update the more often used especially would love the extra mileage update & Sync4A

Olds442

First Name
Olds
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 GT, '22 Premium Ex AWD
Occupation
sales
Country flag
had the premium since a year ago ish, no issues at all.

just bought a used GT to celebrate that.

sold the gas guzzling Expedition this morning.

i'm happier than a puppy with two peters.

ArthurDOB

First Name
Arthur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e Premium AWD STD Range (Delivered 5/22/23)
Occupation
High School Teacher
Country flag
I’m coming up up on two months of ownership and I am absolutely loving my MME! I never thought I’d get so excited by a new OTA update, even if it doesn’t do anything I can see! 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: RLW

ArthurDOB

First Name
Arthur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e Premium AWD STD Range (Delivered 5/22/23)
Occupation
High School Teacher
Country flag
Took until the 19th message for someone to poop on the OP. That might be a new record! 🤣
Sponsored