mpshizzle

mpshizzle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E 4X
Country flag
Right.

So I believe it uses BT, then WiFi, then cellular.

I also think that it going to sleep so fast is in fact a flaw that they need to fix. I find that walking around with my phone in my pocket wakes the car up, which triggers it to try and charge, which then immediately stops because it's at 90%. That can't make sense from a design standpoint.
Totally agree. The problem I am trying to solve here though is no response at all from Ford Pass once it's sleep.

When I am at work for example, I cannot remote start from inside the building. I'd have to go outside and walk up to the car to wake up to and remote start which kind of defeats the purpose.

I thought it was just a stupid bug with mach e in general. But I'm now learning that other owners ARE able to do it, so it's a problem with my car specifically
Sponsored

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Totally agree. The problem I am trying to solve here though is no response at all from Ford Pass once it's sleep.

When I am at work for example, I cannot remote start from inside the building. I'd have to go outside and walk up to the car to wake up to and remote start which kind of defeats the purpose.

I thought it was just a stupid bug with mach e in general. But I'm now learning that other owners ARE able to do it, so it's a problem with my car specifically
I think it's the "car is asleep when it shouldn't be" bug. Mine had it, got the high speed charging TSB applied last Wednesday, and have not seen it since (nor have been looking for it).

OP
OP
mpshizzle

mpshizzle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E 4X
Country flag
I think it's the "car is asleep when it shouldn't be" bug. Mine had it, got the high speed charging TSB applied last Wednesday, and have not seen it since (nor have been looking for it).
I'm not aware of this TSB. Is that one of the FDRS module updates?

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I'm not aware of this TSB. Is that one of the FDRS module updates?
TSB 21-2278 issued 8/17/21

Cooling Fan Noises during level 3 charging (public charging or wallbox)

Mine sounded like an aircraft taking off in my garage when charging at 48amps. Lowered to 32, no noise to speak of. Don't plan on charging at 48amps unless I have to due to being low and having a drive coming up that needs the capacity, but have it and would want to use it.

Per the TSB, they check for updates on the following modules and update as required:

BECM
ABS
SOBDM
SOBDMB
SOBDMC

On my workorder, they wrote that they did this update, and updated PCM, SOBDMB, SOBDMC, BECM, and ABS. So it appears they also updated my PCM, and they missed or didn't write down the SOBDM.

OP
OP
mpshizzle

mpshizzle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E 4X
Country flag
TSB 21-2278 issued 8/17/21

Cooling Fan Noises during level 3 charging (public charging or wallbox)

Mine sounded like an aircraft taking off in my garage when charging at 48amps. Lowered to 32, no noise to speak of. Don't plan on charging at 48amps unless I have to due to being low and having a drive coming up that needs the capacity, but have it and would want to use it.

Per the TSB, they check for updates on the following modules and update as required:

BECM
ABS
SOBDM
SOBDMB
SOBDMC

On my workorder, they wrote that they did this update, and updated PCM, SOBDMB, SOBDMC, BECM, and ABS. So it appears they also updated my PCM, and they missed or didn't write down the SOBDM.
Oh ok yes, when I did my FDRS updates recently I did apply that one. Sadly though, no change in behavior as far as remote control.

I guess I could try a master reset post update. But beyond that I guess I'll have to leave it to the dealer. They have easier access to Ford engineers than I do

TruWrecks

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Star White Premium AWD Ext (Ghost Stallion)
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I have been noticing the same behavior since FordPass 3.30 released.

Aside from battery use 3.29 was more stable and usable with my car.

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
Did you try disconnecting the 12V battery for 15 mins to reset everything in the car after all the updates?

Did you try running PMI on the TCU module in FDRS?

If that doesn't fix things then I think you'll need a new TCU module.

OP
OP
mpshizzle

mpshizzle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E 4X
Country flag
Did you try disconnecting the 12V battery for 15 mins to reset everything in the car after all the updates?

Did you try running PMI on the TCU module in FDRS?

If that doesn't fix things then I think you'll need a new TCU module.
Yes and no.

Yeah I'm wondering the same as well, if it's just a faulty module. Headed into the dealer momentarily

OP
OP
mpshizzle

mpshizzle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E 4X
Country flag
Welp... The dealer had no idea what to do.. they applied 1.7.1 via FDRS for me. But as far as remote start goes, they just left me with "we'll call ford tech support and see what they say"

SWO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GT, 2021 Escape PHEV, 2019 F-150
Country flag
I think all of @noway's explanations make sense. I'll add two personal observations:

1. Remote start through FordPass while well outside of Bluetooth range does work for me, every time... But many times it takes longer than I might have guessed it would. The app sits spinning the wait animation for maybe 30 seconds or so before the vehicle does a little headlight animation and starts itself.

2. I can remote start via Google Assistant and this seems easier. I don't think it even requires FordPass on my phone at all, after the one time authorization/authentication between FordPass and Google. To get started, you say "Tell FordPass to start my vehicle."
I have 3 vehicles on my Fordpass account. How would that work exactly? :)

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
I have 3 vehicles on my Fordpass account. How would that work exactly? :)
I think during the voice activation setup, it asks you which car you're configuring, but I don't recall for sure. Try it and let us know.

PeeKay

First Name
Pravin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 MachE
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Im seeing the same problem, the car goes to sleep pretty quick (a couple of minutes). FordPass then says car is in Deep Sleep, and will need to be turned on manually.
If its plugged in during charging, or if its in BT range, everything works well.
Ill be getting my Mongoose Plus today, so wondering if I should attempt to update everything via FDRS first, or should I just go to the dealer?

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Im seeing the same problem, the car goes to sleep pretty quick (a couple of minutes). FordPass then says car is in Deep Sleep, and will need to be turned on manually.
If its plugged in during charging, or if its in BT range, everything works well.
Ill be getting my Mongoose Plus today, so wondering if I should attempt to update everything via FDRS first, or should I just go to the dealer?
I'm convinced the vehicle is not asleep based on when I get these messages. I think it's a FordPass / vehicle communication issue.

The fix was said to be in an OTA update, there is no dealer fix.

OP
OP
mpshizzle

mpshizzle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E 4X
Country flag
Oh interesting. My app never says anything about deep sleep. But behavior is the same.

Well, I don't know if your case is exactly like mine or not, but for me I updated all the modules in fdrs and there was no change in remote start behavior

ProximusAl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E - SR-AWD - Star White
Country flag
My car goes to sleep immediately after I park.

in Ford pass when launched it says it’s asleep. A few “pull down” refreshes on the vehicle tab of Ford pass wakes it back up for me.
Sponsored