Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Select AWD
Occupation
Software developer / Entrepreneur
Country flag
I have an MME Select AWD, so has a range of around 211 miles.

I have it set to charge to 80% at my "Home" location, so that should be around 168 miles. But whenever I charge it at Home, it gets to around 135 miles and then says that it's done charging and is at 100% of the level I set.

Does anyone know why it's stopping at around 135 and not going to approx. 168 which is the 80% I've set; and how to fix this issue?
Sponsored

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag

I have it set to charge to 80% at my "Home" location, so that should be around 168 miles. But whenever I charge it at Home, it gets to around 135 miles and then says that it's done charging and is at 100% of the level I set.

Does anyone know why it's stopping at around 135 and not going to approx. 168 which is the 80% I've set; and how to fix this issue?
I live about 5 miles from you, so I can say with confidence that it's because it's winter.

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
Its stopping at 80% because 80% of the battery is charged not 80% of the range.

e.g. the gas tank is 80% full regardless of what the distance to empty gauge says.

DanHo

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME RR 4x & 17 Toyota Tundra
Country flag

Kevin P

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MMEGT - sold, '23 BMW i4 M50, various others
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Does it show a big 80% on the dash when its done? What does Fordpass show? The miles are meaningless.

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag

Fixed it for you: I have an MME Select AWD, so has an ESTIMATED SUMMER range of around 211 miles.

Winter range can be 20-30% less than the summer range. So 211 miles ESTIMATED SUMMER rage minus 20% winter temps penalty = 168 miles as your estimated 100% charge winter range. Then 168 miles minus 20% of that because you're charging to 80% = 135 ESTIMATED miles. Sounds about right.

Last edited:

s7davis

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Alfa Romeo
Country flag
lol. wow this forum has turned into math class all over again. All I want to know is when is the TEST LOL.

Man yall make word problems so easy and I hated doing them in school.

heisnuts

First Name
Darrel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Performance
Country flag
I've only been around here for a month and know that already...

I think the standard answer should be, "The range is what it is"... There are so many factors that affect the range that it is never going to be the exact same number each time. Just a few factors that come to mind are:

1) Outside temp - The colder the temp, the decrease in range
2) Speed - The faster the car is going, the lower the range
3) Climate settings - The more heat and A/C being used, the lower the range

Ways to help increase range are:

1) Set the car to be at the temp you want inside before unplugging it from the charger overnight
2) Keeping moderate speeds on the highway - know that 70+ speeds are going to be lowering range significantly.
3) Try using the seat heater and steering wheel heater first before cranking up the heat in the car.

If range is really a concern, I would recommend having a level 2 charger at the home and get into the habit of plugging in every night with the charge setting to 80%. If there is still range anxiety at 80%, I would up the setting to 90%. I would think that for the majority of people out there this charging procedure should work out most of the time and in the few cases where a charge is needed on the road there is almost always going to be an option and most of those options will include a DC fast charger like Electrify America that will being the car up to 80% charge in about 40 minutes.

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
lol. wow this forum has turned into math class all over again. All I want to know is when is the TEST LOL.

Test starts now.

1. If a Mustang Mach-E Select AWD leaves Denver heading west at 97% state of charge. What will the state of charge be when they reach Los Angeles?

2. For the return trip they go from LA to Denver in a Mustang Mach-E California Route1 edition with a starting 84% state of charge. What mileage will be displayed on the GOM when they reach Green River, Utah?

TruWrecks

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Star White Premium AWD Ext (Ghost Stallion)
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Test starts now.

1. If a Mustang Mach-E Select AWD leaves Denver heading west at 97% state of charge. What will the state of charge be when they reach Los Angeles?

2. For the return trip they go from LA to Denver in a Mustang Mach-E California Route1 edition with a starting 84% state of charge. What mileage will be displayed on the GOM when they reach Green River, Utah?
1. You are pushing it long before you get there. Hope you are in good physical shape.

2. You cannot arrive on a negative charge. Stop trying to divide by zero.

;)

Davedough

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GTPE , Explorer ST
Occupation
Federal IT Sales Engineer
Country flag
1. You are pushing it long before you get there. Hope you are in good physical shape.

;)
1*dHeGfzRyFOm838urhdkHqw.jpg

s7davis

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Alfa Romeo
Country flag

I think anyone in school who has math problems they just need to go to any EV forum and ask them. They are all filled with Engineers, programmers, and Salesman lol 2 of the 3 should get you the correct answer lol.

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

;)
Ok, so let’s switch it up. ?

How many threads will we get in the springtime with something like: My range has increased, how did that happen?

tfitzgex

First Name
tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E Premium extended range AWD
Country flag
Test starts now.

Orange, Final answer.
Sponsored