phil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LS400
Country flag
We leased a 2018 Fusion Energi. It had rebates of $11,007, which included the $4,007 tax credit put towards the lease. If we bought it, the rebates did not include that and were in total several thousand less.
Well, sure, I guess that counts. Thanks Rick.

But that was then, and this is now. I would expect Ford to offer similar treatment on leases of electric Mustangs above the $55,000 MSRP limit, and for customers above the new IRS income limits. It seems strange that some EV makers have promptly jumped on this opportunity for their customers, while others - including Ford and Tesla - have not.

Appropriate lease credits seem like an easy way to keep Mach E prices high, keep customers happy, and sell more cars. What is Ford waiting for?
Sponsored

Blue highway

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium SR RWD
Country flag
Tesla can't profitably lower their prices, either. Their investors are up in arms about the price drop's effect on Tesla's profitability.
according to Reuters
Analysts had said Tesla's profitability gave it room to cut prices and pressure rivals. The company's $9,000 in net profit per vehicle in the past quarter was more than seven times the comparable figure for Toyota Motor Corp (7203.T) in the third quarter. But it was down from almost $9,700 in the third quarter.

Fremont Kid

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach e Premium AWD
Occupation
Retired IT
Country flag
How did your dealer address the price protection policy of Ford? (A year after ordering, at delivery, my dealer charged me $2000 higher than the MSRP on my order sheet of 12/7/21, saying they would request refund from Ford and pay me back whenever Ford paid them. 52d days after purchase I have not seen the refund, not to mention the $155 of CA sales tax on the $2000 overcharge.)
1675101993279.gif
No such discussion. I think I missed that timeline, ordering in 2021 and taking delivery in 2022.

AhardFSU

First Name
Antonio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E
Country flag
I would argue at 2022 pricing it was, though with AWD and w/o the ability to order the extended battery some of us would have range concerns.
Again, this is why I think Ford should just have two variants: Select and GT. And do what VW, BMW and Mercedes have done. That is if you order the Select, you can option it with the premium stuff and the ER battery if you choose to do so.
But not being able to spec an ER battery with the Select is different.

ArthurDOB

First Name
Arthur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e Premium AWD STD Range (Delivered 5/22/23)
Occupation
High School Teacher
Country flag
according to Reuters
Analysts had said Tesla's profitability gave it room to cut prices and pressure rivals. The company's $9,000 in net profit per vehicle in the past quarter was more than seven times the comparable figure for Toyota Motor Corp (7203.T) in the third quarter. But it was down from almost $9,700 in the third quarter.
That may be true, but shareholders are angry. Lower prices = reduced profitability. That's the part they overlook or ignore.

sherl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus
Country flag
I have a MachE Select on order and all I need is the extended range. I don't care about whether its red or white, wheels are black or chrome. Have heated steering or not, I just need the extended range. Why is Ford not doing this on Select?

4sallypat

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 MME delivered May '23 + '22 Lightning July '22
Occupation
Network Tech
Country flag
I have a MachE Select on order and all I need is the extended range. I don't care about whether its red or white, wheels are black or chrome. Have heated steering or not, I just need the extended range. Why is Ford not doing this on Select?
Ford wants you to go up a level and buy a more profitable trim.

Originally, I ordered a Select RWD w/ C-T options in 2022 but since they could not build it, I had to get a '23 and they dropped those options.

Ended up ordering a Premium base RWD with standard battery which has all the features I wanted.

Extended range is not a necessity for my (urban daily commuter) 25 miles I drive in day.
Charging only once a week.

Geniusk24

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Mach E Select AWD, 2012 Subaru Legacy
Country flag
Wonder what Canadian prices will be? A-plan changes?
The price on the Select Model is the same at $56,995 but the software activation is higher at $2500. I believe it used to be $1900. I also noticed the interest rate being offer is 1% higher than on the other trims.

The Premium Model now starts at $64,995 which may make it qualify for the Ontario EV incentives of $5000 off (After Tax). They also lowered the cost to upgrade to AWD

Geniusk24

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Mach E Select AWD, 2012 Subaru Legacy
Country flag
I think they did this on purpose so people would select the Premium model. My opinion.

SWO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GT, 2021 Escape PHEV, 2019 F-150
Country flag
Are you aware of a single Ford EV lease that has ever reduced lessee costs in recognition of the $7,500 federal income tax credit? Anywhere? Ever? In any way?

If you are, please do share the information. Many of us would be interested.
It's basic economics. If Ford wants to lease MachEs, the market will dictate what has to be done.

sherl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus
Country flag
Ford wants you to go up a level and buy a more profitable trim.

Originally, I ordered a Select RWD w/ C-T options in 2022 but since they could not build it, I had to get a '23 and they dropped those options.

Ended up ordering a Premium base RWD with standard battery which has all the features I wanted.

Extended range is not a necessity for my (urban daily commuter) 25 miles I drive in day.
Charging only once a week.
I am thinking of going for Premium given that difference is $5k versus $8k. Does ford have an upgrade process is anyone aware of? or should I cancel mine and place a new one

4sallypat

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Network Tech
Country flag
I am thinking of going for Premium given that difference is $5k versus $8k. Does ford have an upgrade process is anyone aware of? or should I cancel mine and place a new one
Is your order in production ?
VIN # issued ?

Blusteed

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'17 Mustang GT Vert PP1, '21 Mach-E GTPE
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
At this point these reductions are window dressing from a competitive perspective. Ford still has 2 big problems:
They've got to get AWD with ER battery to qualify for the tax credit. You know Ford's lobbyists (and I expect GM's for their Lyriq) are busy at Treasury trying to get Mach-E classified as an SUV (like the EPA does), and if not, at least consider moving that $55K up to at least $60K. I may be wrong, but I think Treasury will make some concession before this all gets finalized.
None of this will matter if Ford can't strongarm dealers into dropping their ADMs. Even at sticker, with the tax credit, I expect the Mach-E will cost a bit more than the Tesla, but it shouldn't be so much more to make it uncompetitive. In my opinion the Mach-E is worth paying more for than the Tesla... but only to a point. I've seen reports of dealerships with several Mach-Es on their lot, all still marked up $10K. That's a recipe for disaster, given Tesla's current price point.
It's going to be an interesting next couple-of-months.

4sallypat

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Network Tech
Country flag
Nope. I placed on the last day of select closing. the week of 10/6
You should call your dealer immediately and see if you can change your order.
Sponsored