Order Scheduled for Production Date

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
Well, tell that to my dealer bc I certainly don’t understand why a color change in September pushed me back to a January receipt. I placed and paid for my order in person on July 6th and it was accepted on July 7th. I’m lost. I legit may not have a choice but to go Model Y because January won’t cut it in Chicago.

Waiting on a second follow up phone call, now.
If your July order was made without a prior reservation, that's the reason your car isn't being built this year, not the color change.

There are people who ordered in November or December 2019 and early 2020 who haven't received build dates and some, perhaps even most, won't receive build dates until next year. The car is popular, the supplies are somewhat limited and the pandemic slid things back by 3 months or more. Unfortunately.
Sponsored

jccoleman

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 BMW X5, & 2021 Mach-E X4 aka: Trigger
Country flag
Just got my email from for saying that my Mach-e has been scheduled to be built during the week of December 21, 2020. Not sure how to feel since that means I won't get the vehicle until 2021.

Edit: For Context I reserved the Mach-E 1am the night after the Mach-e Reveal (11/18/19). My reservation number is 10007841, and I initially reserved a RWD Select Model, placed an order for the select with Technology package and I changed my order to the premium when ford did the price reduction (6/25/20). I had hoped that by upgrading to the Premium that I could have got the car in December. I'm still happy that I'll get the car by the end of January. I'm in Georgia and my dealership is in a suburb of Atlanta.
My Premium is scheduled for the week of November 30th. I hoping production moves quickly once they're really going & looking for delivery by Christmas.

bprince

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium Rapid Red AWD
Country flag
So I think this goes back to everyone's complaint that Ford has been really bad at this miscommunication. If both your (outsourced) marketing team and your dealers don't know what is going on, why should you expect your customers to.
The only people I’ve seen report that they did not have reservations but have a build date are just getting that info from their dealers, not Ford. Those dealers are wrong.
Perhaps this is where my frustration comes from. My dealer has orders building in late nov/early dec., yet I can’t trust them. Online forums are saying people in the front of the line won’t get their car until January. All the while we have no rhyme or reason for any decisions coming out of Ford. Everything seems to be so.... random and arbitrary.

I’m over it.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Perhaps this is where my frustration comes from. My dealer has orders building in late nov/early dec., yet I can’t trust them.
Yes, you should not trust your dealer. They simply don't know, and some of them feel that they should guess and pass it off as real information. Unless info comes directly from ford (like the build date emails), you should not trust that it is true.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
But it pisses me off to high noon to be told that had I kept my original color, then I would’ve had a late November/early December build date!
That is your dealer's conjecture, nothing more. When you changed the color it was an edit of your existing order, not a new order unless the dealer is an idiot.

Lots of people who ordered before you (and in fact reserved last november) don't have a build date yet. Even cares built in december probably will take 6 weeks for delivery.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Which makes me wonder what the hell they plan on doing all next month? Build 10 cars? Seems to me they could have scheduled many more than has been reported so far here. I guess this forum only represents a tiny portion of the orders then. Have to keep reminding myself of that.
They're still building the dealer demo cars. Presumably it is better to test drive a dealer car before yours hits the lot?

When your car rolls off the line a guy doesn't get in it and drive thousands of miles straight to your dealer and then reset the odometer. It will likely be put on a flatbed or railcar with many other cars and taken to the US border. The nice and helpful border agents probably have to do a little inspection of vehicles and paperwork. The cars are then shipped on to a large facility, where they may then be sent to a smaller facility, and then eventually on to your dealer.

bprince

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium Rapid Red AWD
Country flag
If your July order was made without a prior reservation, that's the reason your car isn't being built this year, not the color change.

There are people who ordered in November or December 2019 and early 2020 who haven't received build dates and some, perhaps even most, won't receive build dates until next year. The car is popular, the supplies are somewhat limited and the pandemic slid things back by 3 months or more. Unfortunately.
Yes, you should not trust your dealer. They simply don't know, and some of them feel that they should guess and pass it off as real information. Unless info comes directly from ford (like the build date emails), you should not trust that it is true.
That is your dealer's conjecture, nothing more. When you changed the color it was an edit of your existing order, not a new order unless the dealer is an idiot.

Lots of people who ordered before you (and in fact reserved last november) don't have a build date yet. Even cares built in december probably will take 6 weeks for delivery.
You guys are right. Especially @timbop. The fact of the matter is, whether built in November or December, no one will have their cars until 2021. Moreover, that’s a good reminder that only the official emails from Ford matter. I’ll standby before making any changes. As I’m only leasing, not buying, I’m pretty much at the 50/50 mark on switching to Tesla. Oddly enough, the same Covid that’s delaying me MME is the same Covid that has caused local lockdowns, which means I don’t need a car as much as I usually do. Irony.

Will wait to get my official build date which is expected within the next 7 days.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Will wait to get my official build date which is expected within the next 7 days.
I hate to pile on, but if you didn't have a reservation, I wouldn't count on getting your build date in the next 7 days. I reserved in December, and I wasn't in the first wave of build dates. I'm hoping to be in this week's wave on Thursday, but that's far from guaranteed.

FPLiptak

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium ER AWD
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I hate to pile on, but if you didn't have a reservation, I wouldn't count on getting your build date in the next 7 days. I reserved in December, and I wasn't in the first wave of build dates. I'm hoping to be in this week's wave on Thursday, but that's far from guaranteed.
I'm in the same boat as you. I made my reservation on 12/26/2019 and placed the order on 06/29/2020. My reservation # is 29,341 and I was NOT in the first wave. I am hoping that this Thursday I will receive the e-mail that I have a build date and a VIN. If not, there is always next week.

methorian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Mini Cooper SE
Occupation
IT Admin
Country flag
You guys are right. Especially @timbop. The fact of the matter is, whether built in November or December, no one will have their cars until 2021.
I would assume that at least a few individuals will have their car this year. After all - Ford's has to deliver at least one, of each trim (in my opinion), before years end. Otherwise they'll miss their "Available Late 2020". Note that this originally didn't apply to Rt 1 and Selects, but someone at Ford marketing made the decision to change those to Late 2020 as well.

I would guess those with November dates may see them this year, since they're pretty close to the border as well (mostly CA folks).

VegStang

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo C40 Recharge, 2021 MME
Occupation
Artist, animal rights activist
Country flag
It's definitely wishful thinking, but I'm hopeful that 4-5 weeks from build will be enough time to get a car in CA, but the plant is 1,800 mi from here, with all the border/holiday/logistics involved and this is 2020.

I'll just wish for a holiday surprise from Ford, but expect that I may have to wait until the new year for the vehicle. No doubt there are a lot of dedicated people doing their best to get the cars out in spite of all that 2020 has thrown their way.

I also understand the frustration, especially with dealers as the go-between.

I would assume that at least a few individuals will have their car this year. After all - Ford's has to deliver at least one, of each trim (in my opinion), before years end. Otherwise they'll miss their "Available Late 2020". Note that this originally didn't apply to Rt 1 and Selects, but someone at Ford marketing made the decision to change those to Late 2020 as well.

I would guess those with November dates may see them this year, since they're pretty close to the border as well (mostly CA folks).

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
I hope this does not sound stupid, but I am not seeing the geographic pattern that ChasingCoral sees...

For example: 12/14 AZ-2 FL-3 GA-1 IL-1 MD-2 MN-1 NJ-1 TX-1 WA-3

That seems to me to just be random states all over the county.

California always gets a lot, as they buy the most. It was the same when I was waiting for both my Volt & Bolt. CA & NY and the other CARB states got theirs first. Then they starting shipping to the rest of the country. And Ohio, where I was then, was way down on the list.....

Or am I missing something?

And I agree with timbop. We were all hoping that we would get our cars early, with no justification or statement from Ford.

I am now looking at it this way. If they ramp up to 1500 cars per week, everyone should have their car by next July. You can wait, or you can cancel. Personally, if it is June and my car is still not here, I may cancel and order a 2022.

JMHO

Jim
You're absolutely right Jim. I forgot to detail that in my post. The geographic pattern seemed to hold for the first few weeks and then falls apart for 12/14 and 12/21, which seem to be all over the place.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
The only people I’ve seen report that they did not have reservations but have a build date are just getting that info from their dealers, not Ford. Those dealers are wrong.
And, in fact, two of those have removed their cars from the build dates as they were in error.

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
The concept if the "First Edition" has more to do with special status as "collector's" item. Ford did the same thing in 2015: EVERY mustang made that year was in reality a 50th anniversary edition, but they only badged a small number of GT's as "50th anniversary" cars and charged out the nose for them. Dealers were able to sell them for $10,000 to $20,000 over list because people desired that status (and badge). Those cars were not the first off of the line, nor did they have any significant differences to other GT's.

The ASSUMPTION made here (and that fed on itself) was that Ford was going to build and ship all of the FE's exclusively, and then move on to the premiums. That idea did not come from Ford: from the reveal onward the First Edition and Premiums were termed as starting delivery in late 2020. That's all Ford said. Perhaps you feel @trutolife27 and other insiders should have disabused everyone of that incorrect notion more vehemently, but that is neither appropriate nor fair to lay the blame at their feet.

If you don't want to pay the $3600 for the "status" and minor cosmetic differences of the First Edition, then don't. The fact that Ford did a crappy job of telling you if you have a FE can work in your favor; keep your original order and cancel the FE.
I don't have an issue with anything you say - and I am not blaming anyone else. I am not even looking to blame anyone - I wasn't complaining but more questioning the perceived value of Mach Drop FEs. You are of course right that for some the badge/trim holds value.

I may still stick to the FE from Mach Drop but it depends on when that vehicle comes in and if I think the delivery date is early enough from my Premium. So wait and see how the delivery dates shake out, Both will be in 2021 for my planning purposes as I dont have dates on either of them.

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag