Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag
Some of us have exact days. Mine is Nov 19th.
Apparently the system shows a "week of xx/xx" designation when first scheduled and then later an exact date is shown in a separate column. I had a glimpse of it on the screen one time. I think it's called something different though.....maybe "sent to plant" ? When I speak with my dealer next I will see he he will show me that screen again.
I think im just gonna pop down $100 on my dealers' desk and ask him to logon to the system and pull up my info....maybe ask him to go get a cup of coffee or something.
Sponsored

jlauro

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue AWD ER Mach-E
Country flag
As best as I can tell.....there are several different scheduling and tracking systems in use. Some newer, some older, some for retail, some for stock, some for fleet customers, some for tier one supplies, some for shipping etc.

My dealer sent me an e-mail with my VIN and I noticed it was a clickable hyperlink so I clicked on it and it took me to a system I have never seen before. Vehicle Vision or maybe it was Vehicle Visibility or something like that. It asked me for credentials and it looked just like the sign on that I use for my FIN so I entered the info and I was able to see all sorts of information about my order so I peeked around a bit and then closed the window. The next morning I tried to view it again and I got a message that said to call an 800 number which I did and they told me I wasn't supposed to have access to that and they fixed the glitch. :) Reminds me of a movie called "Office Space".....

mamejunkie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium Mach-E '21, Premium Mach-E '22
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
No estimates. I had a friend look it up in an internal system. I’d love to have it by the end of the year. But realistically I think it’s coming in early January (4 weeks after production).
Your an insider..can't you get someone to pull some strings? ?

I have a build week of 11/29...wouldn't mind getting it 12/31.

eltonlin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FE Gray
Country flag
Some of us have exact days. Mine is Nov 19th.
Apparently the system shows a "week of xx/xx" designation when first scheduled and then later an exact date is shown in a separate column. I had a glimpse of it on the screen one time. I think it's called something different though.....maybe "sent to plant" ? When I speak with my dealer next I will see he he will show me that screen again.
Yeah my dealer gave me a specific build date as well

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag

RonTCat

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E wannabuy
Country flag
Well, either my dealer is a moron, or he just doesn't want to assist....because he acts like I'm from Mars whenever I ask about anything going on at Ford Motor Company.
Google "vehicle visibility dealerconnection"

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Well, either my dealer is a moron, or he just doesn't want to assist....because he acts like I'm from Mars whenever I ask about anything going on at Ford Motor Company.
Or a moron who just doesn't want to assist? Sometimes these guys see special order customers as captive audiences and feel they don't need to do any more work than the minimum. They forgot that enthusiasts tend to be vocal and there are lots of dealers in the sea.

solarmoo900

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MachE AWD ER
Country flag
Yep, January 18th as well. My dealer said they have four premiums on reserve, three scheduled for December 7 and for some reason mine is a month and a half later.

Really wish ford would just come out and explain at all where these dates come from.
Sponsored