Pedro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Camry 2018
Occupation
Occupational Therapist
Country flag
On Friday I picked up my MME that I have ordered on Aug 24th of 2020 in RWD in the premium trim with the extended battery range in red.
I have been charging the car today at home with a chargepoint unit.The battery now is at 99% of charge, but it shows only a 245 range. It seems that I got the wrong battery placed in the car , even though there was a $5,000 option added to the price of the car for the extended range battery, or in an hour and 40 mins, the battery fully charged it will reach a 300 range?
Any clarifications or comments?Thank you.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Ordered extended range battery for a RWD premium MME Screenshot_20210308-001922_FordPass

20210307_101924.jpg

Last edited:

EVS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
spark EV.
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
That is just a guess. The car being brand new to you, it doesn't know your driving history and conditions, like weather, acceleration, typical speed, etc. So it is being conservative in guessing the range. As you drive it more, it will adjust based on YOUR driving patterns and actual drives.
That's the case for all cars. It's just that people don't notice it so much in gas cars.

In short, I don't think this is something to worry about. Go drive the car and have fun! :)

OP
OP
CaramBA8

CaramBA8

First Name
Pedro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Camry 2018
Occupation
Occupational Therapist
Country flag
That is just a guess. The car being brand new to you, it doesn't know your driving history and conditions, like weather, acceleration, typical speed, etc. So it is being conservative in guessing the range. As you drive it more, it will adjust based on YOUR driving patterns and actual drives.
That's the case for all cars. It's just that people don't notice it so much in gas cars.

In short, I don't think this is something to worry about. Go drive the car and have fun! :)
Thank you for your response.

zvez

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 GT PE Carbonized Grey with Nite Pony package
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Thank you for your response.
did you do the reset trip meter? Ford recommends doing a reset when you first get the car, then it will "learn" your driving habits, it will be a more accurate measure. It seems unlikely they would mix up batteries.

Also, just a reminder, Ford recommends your home charging should max out at 90%. this is probably just them being conservative, this is the text from the manual.

chargerstatus.png

SteveUk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mache with crap keys
Country flag
you can check it has the bigger battery by taking the VIN and checking it - there's a thread which explains which digit of the vin to check

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 RR ME FE, '22 Corsair GT, '22 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Benefit Fund Administrator
Country flag
The GOM (Guess O Meter) on the Mach E is extremely conservative. Almost to a fault. My ER AWD Mach E keeps showing just over 200 miles on a full charge that I know is ridiculously conservative. There are already rumors out that the GOM will be improved with the first OTA update.

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
Also, based on your photo, you live in a colder climate. The colder it is the less efficient the battery chemistry is, so you will have less range in the cold. Hopefully this isn’t news to you. I have the ER AWD and at -4°F this morning and 80% charge it is currently showing 126 miles. As the battery warms I’ve been getting an actual range of 160 miles at 80%, 200ish from 100%.
It’s best to take the GOM with a large grain of salt and pay more attention to the miles/kWh and do your own math. I am getting 2.3 miles/kWh at below freezing temps. 2.3 x 88 usable kWh = 202 miles of range from 100% charge.
I left home a few days ago at 100%, with the GOM showing 165 miles of range. I then drove 154 miles and still had 30% battery remaining. The GOM is just plain wrong.

Regularmache

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 F150 Platinum, 18 Mustang GT PP2, 14 QX80
Occupation
Purchasing
Country flag
We're on day 6 of ownership and our E4X started with 224 Miles to empty from 100% charge and reset trip computer. We're at 240 miles to empty with 86% battery so it's just continues to increase.

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
Also, based on your photo, you live in a colder climate. The colder it is the less efficient the battery chemistry is, so you will have less range in the cold. Hopefully this isn’t news to you. I have the ER AWD and at -4°F this morning and 80% charge it is currently showing 126 miles. As the battery warms I’ve been getting an actual range of 160 miles at 80%, 200ish from 100%.
It’s best to take the GOM with a large grain of salt and pay more attention to the miles/kWh and do your own math. I am getting 2.3 miles/kWh at below freezing temps. 2.3 x 88 usable kWh = 202 miles of range from 100% charge.
I left home a few days ago at 100%, with the GOM showing 165 miles of range. I then drove 154 miles and still had 30% battery remaining. The GOM is just plain wrong.
Never mind. I saw your profile that you live in Cali. It’s certainly not -4° there. But I still stick by the GOM being too conservative and your own miles/kWh being way more accurate.

OP
OP
CaramBA8

CaramBA8

First Name
Pedro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Camry 2018
Occupation
Occupational Therapist
Country flag
Thank you to all of you for your responses! Definitely, I have seen that the range is improving regardless of the range stated at 100% of charge...
Sponsored