Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium SR AWD
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
It was meant to be funny….LOL!
Haha Ok I missed the sarcasm, my bad! Probably because there are plenty of people on here that would be 100% serious. They would wear 4 layers of clothes and drive 55 on the highway if it meant they got better range.
Sponsored

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
Did you try waiting to see if it charges above 100% to get to the 270miles guaranteed range?
You can’t put 12 gallons in a 10 gallon hat. Not without creating a big mess anyway*

The 270 mile range is an EPA estimate. There are no guarantees.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Extended Range Battery Issues? 1641445683516

That only works when he's on the leeward side of the island!
Well yeah. :p

* Actually, you can’t put 10 gallons in a 10 gallon hat either, but that another story.

kevC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E AWD Preimum Carbon Gray
Country flag
You can’t put 12 gallons in a 10 gallon hat. Not without creating a big mess anyway*

The 270 mile range is an EPA estimate. There are no guarantees.
1641445683516.jpeg

Well yeah. :p

* Actually, you can’t put 10 gallons in a 10 gallon hat either, but that another story.
This was a joke. It was a reference to that one guy who actually asked this question.

OP
OP

Zoom-Zoom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E 4
Country flag
I appreciate the patience and willingness to educate. I totally understand that range will depend on many, many variables. I guess where I got hung up is equating the GOM with a fuel gage. Full fuel and full battery are two different things, and now I understand. Thanks for connecting the dots... :)

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
I appreciate the patience and willingness to educate. I totally understand that range will depend on many, many variables. I guess where I got hung up is equating the GOM with a fuel gage. Full fuel and full battery are two different things, and now I understand. Thanks for connecting the dots... :)
It's like DTE (Distance To Empty) on the ICE vehicles. Says I can do 200 more miles, but I haven't driven in 3 months. It's now 10 degrees out. DTE doesn't change, whereas the GOM reads the weather and does change. I take my ICE out and get 12mpg instead of 16. DTE starts to drop, but still looks at history and not weather.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
The Battery% is equivalent to the fuel gauge. You can trust that. Just not the miles calculation (GOM). It's, shall we say... rough.

Timelessblur

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E AWD Premium Extend Range RR
Occupation
Software Developer
Country flag
All these threads on the GOM honestly make me feel better about my Mach E as here in Austin it is getting below freezing and my range has dropped a lot. During the summer 90% charge was getting me 260-270 miles. Right. At 90% I have 187. AWD extended range.
Sponsored