Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I did not realize you speak for the entire forum.
Nice

I also did not see that their were threads on the subject and I will check those next time.
It was pointed out to you that the information you sought was on the prior pages of this thread, and you gave a snarky response like the one above.
Sponsored

Scottw

First Name
Scottw
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach e
Occupation
Attorney
Country flag
Nice

It was pointed out to you that the information you sought was on the prior pages of this thread, and you gave a snarky response like the one above.
Thank you Timbop

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
What a ride!

I wonder if there is any way to see under the rear seat....I was under the impression you can't see under there without dropping the battery. Physically seeing if there are cells under there on the 2nd tier would indicate, but I doubt the dealer would volunteer to drop the battery with every accusation like this.

I, too, want to know why the 2nd dealer told her she only had the standard battery.
because dealers don't know shit about EVs

devmach-e

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Premium RWD ER, 2016 Toyota Highlander Hybrid
Occupation
Unix Sysadmin
Country flag
So unfortunately I think we have to accept that the MME has a hard time achieving anything remotely close to the claimed range, even with careful driving. It is a bit of a scam, really, when you think about it.
The range or MPG reported on the EPA test has never meant to be a guarantee of the range or MPG that a vehicle will get. It is merely the result of a standardized test that every car, regardless of powertrain, goes through. It is a tool that allows you to compare similar cars and see which one is cheaper to operate. Every window sticker has a disclaimer that says range/MPG will vary based on a variety of factors, including driving habits, maintenance of car, and things like outside temperature.

Pushrods&Capacitors

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 4X, ‘14 SS Sedan tuned, ‘17 WRX tuned
Occupation
Analyst
Country flag
The range or MPG reported on the EPA test has never meant to be a guarantee of the range or MPG that a vehicle will get. It is merely the result of a standardized test that every car, regardless of powertrain, goes through. It is a tool that allows you to compare similar cars and see which one is cheaper to operate. Every window sticker has a disclaimer that says range/MPG will vary based on a variety of factors, including driving habits, maintenance of car, and things like outside temperature.
This ^^^. I find it funny that many people understand that EPA mileage ratings for ICE vehicles are to be taken with a grain of salt, and yet, those same people believe EPA ratings for EVs are the Lord’s Own Gospel. Or some similar shit. 🤷🏻‍♂️

OP
OP

DeniseW

First Name
Denise
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MACH E PREMIUM
Country flag
I also ordered an extended battery and so far can’t get a charged over 270. How can I tell if I receive the extended battery? Is there something in the vehicle registration in the car that I can check?
One thing to do before going back to the dealership, is to reset the driver history. I relied on incorrect info from one dealership that made me think I did not receive the ER battery. Don't make the same mistake. When we reset the driver history, we were finally able to get a reliable number. However, driving habits will change the amount of estimated range that will show once fully charged.

OP
OP

DeniseW

First Name
Denise
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MACH E PREMIUM
Country flag
An estimate of the battery capacity is to use the data from a charging session. Record the KWhr added (KWhrA) and SOC before (SOCB) and after (SOCA) charging session. The battery capacity (BC) can be estimated with:

BC = Neff*KWhrA/(SOCA-SOCB),

where Neff is the charging efficiency of the charger. My Charge Point Home Flex seems to have an 81% charging efficiency so Neff = 0.81.

For example, my last charging session added 26 KWhr and the SOC was 77% and I charged to 100%. The battery capacity can be calculated from,

BC = 0.8*26/(1-0.77) = 91.6 KWhr which is close to the usable capacity of the MME extended range battery.

If you have a standard range battery, then this calculation should yield around 70 KWhr.
Thank you!

OP
OP

DeniseW

First Name
Denise
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MACH E PREMIUM
Country flag
DeniseW - I share your pain! I too ordered my RWD ER MME in 2021 (Aug) and picked it up in Mar 2022... and I went through exactly the same questions as you have. Then, in about June, People's Ford in Edinburgh carried out some warranty work and they reset the driving history - and, hey presto, there was the full range on the display! Alas, it didn't last long because (although I am a pretty gentle driver) the real range is so heavily dependent on external temperature, speed, acceleration, heater use etc. etc.

So unfortunately I think we have to accept that the MME has a hard time achieving anything remotely close to the claimed range, even with careful driving. It is a bit of a scam, really, when you think about it.

My advice would be to accept that you have the correct battery and just adapt your driving style and journey planning to the range you really do have.

Hope this is of some help!
Thank you!!

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
oh please, do you want an Oscar for best drama?
This ^^^. I find it funny that many people understand that EPA mileage ratings for ICE vehicles are to be taken with a grain of salt, and yet, those same people believe EPA ratings for EVs are the Lord’s Own Gospel. Or some similar shit. 🤷🏻‍♂️
I think you guys didn't pick up on the fact that @Fersigo lives in the UK, where they rate his model using the WLTP test cycle at 373 miles of range.

Sorry, but I agree with him, it is definitely a bit of a scam. It is not Ford scamming buyers, though, it is the government. Seriously, 373 miles of range? Nobody in any real world situation can achieve that on a regular basis. Nobody.

https://www.ultimatespecs.com/car-s...ng-Mach-E-98kWh-Extended-Range-RWD-282HP.html

devmach-e

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Premium RWD ER, 2016 Toyota Highlander Hybrid
Occupation
Unix Sysadmin
Country flag
I think you guys didn't pick up on the fact that @Fersigo lives in the UK, where they rate his model using the WLTP test cycle at 373 miles of range.

Sorry, but I agree with him, it is definitely a bit of a scam. It is not Ford scamming buyers, though, it is the government. Seriously, 373 miles of range? Nobody in any real world situation can achieve that on a regular basis. Nobody.

https://www.ultimatespecs.com/car-s...ng-Mach-E-98kWh-Extended-Range-RWD-282HP.html
The same caveats exist for cars on the WLTP testing scheme as they do on the EPA testing scheme, or even the older NEDC. I don’t know that I would say the government is scamming people, but perhaps they need to revise their tests yet again to reflect more typical driving patterns in Europe.

I always have taken the EPA range/MPG figures and lopped 10 to 15 percent off and gotten accurate figures for my style of driving.I suppose if I made a small modification to my driving I could achieve EPA estimates.

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
The same caveats exist for cars on the WLTP testing scheme as they do on the EPA testing scheme, or even the older NEDC. I don’t know that I would say the government is scamming people, but perhaps they need to revise their tests yet again to reflect more typical driving patterns in Europe.

I always have taken the EPA range/MPG figures and lopped 10 to 15 percent off and gotten accurate figures for my style of driving.I suppose if I made a small modification to my driving I could achieve EPA estimates.
Still, 373 miles? That is definitely scam territory. And you cannot blame Ford. They are forced to use that test by.... yes, the government.

mdraptor

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Ford Raptor, 2022 Ford Mach E CR1
Country flag
Before making accusations, run the car down to 10%, charge to 90% and document kWh‘s the charger says was added. If it around 70 this is an extended ER battery, around 55 would be standard range.
Sponsored