mattsaradan

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E Premium AWD SR; Fusion Energi Platinum
Country flag
Ah, perhaps. That's fair. Even so, seems to me the practical issue is charge time, which I believe is 38 minutes to 80% and something like 45 miles in 10 minutes, which would still come down to question of how much range you actually need most days and how long a road trip would take. Can't see going over 100 miles even on a day out of the office. Road trips very occasional and never more than 350 miles, which still seems like with a well planned lunch and bathroom break still manageable on SR, given that profile.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Ah, perhaps. That's fair. Even so, seems to me the practical issue is charge time, which I believe is 38 minutes to 80% and something like 45 miles in 10 minutes, which would still come down to question of how much range you actually need most days and how long a road trip would take. Can't see going over 100 miles even on a day out of the office. Road trips very occasional and never more than 350 miles, which still seems like with a well planned lunch and bathroom break still manageable on SR, given that profile.
Agreed

OP
OP
macchiaz-o

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
You're right, of course. I was confusing it with ER in my head. Anyway, will be interesting to know more about the charging profile sweet spots so the rare road trip can be time optimized.
for sure - and I suspect that these estimates are not very accurate.

engnrng

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 GTPE, Kona EV, 2023 BMW iX
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I looked at a Kona last weekend and the dealer was asking over $50k on the sticker... I laugh my way off the lot.
Certainly the fault of the dealer, not the Kona or Hyundai. It is good to laugh at a short-sighted dealer, but follow that up with a quick search for a dealer with integrity. Mine is a great Daily Driver and has ventilated seats, which the MACH-E does not.

engnrng

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 GTPE, Kona EV, 2023 BMW iX
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
This quick search for integrity is a life skill I've yet to achieve. Any tips?
In this situation, if you have more than one Hyundai dealership within an acceptable distance (100 miles maybe?) just find out if they add an extra dealer profit or not. If they insist it is not a dealer profit and call it something else, they have no integrity. At our local dealer, they began adding $5,000 to the MSRP (and agreed it was just an extra dealer profit), and I told them I would only pay MSRP, told the salesman that I would wait for them to come back down to MSRP and that I would look elsewhere. I kept my eye on other dealers within about 100 miles (used Cargurus.com) and a few weeks later noticed a dealer about 90 miles away that was listing exactly the model/color I wanted at MSRP. I went by the local dealership, told the salesman what I had found and that I was going to drive down to the other dealership to pick it up the next weekend. He went to the Sales Manager, came back out a few minutes later with an offer at MSRP and they would go get the car and bring it local. I got the car a couple of days later through the local dealership. Good luck!

OP
OP
macchiaz-o

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
I'm glad it worked out. I think you're referring to the Kona Electric? Nice vehicle.

I experienced bait and switch while buying my current car. So I switched to a different (better) dealer. No idea how I would have eliminated the first one though, prior to the bad experience.

Dealerships change more quickly than most other businesses since they experience very high staff turnover. Who's to say what my next purchase experience will be like, with 7 years having passed.

I looked up all my EV certified dealers' online ratings. They were all about the same. Not that review sites aren't gamed or anything...

Anyway, just wish it were easier to narrow the field. ;-)
Sponsored