Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1995 F250 , 2013 F150, 2021 MME, 2021 Audi E-Tron
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Am I better off going directly to a dealership, or should I do it online and call the dealer to confirm and pay him the deposit?
Sponsored

supertramp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Honda Pilot,2012 Honda Civic,Premium std rwd
Country flag
Am I better off going directly to a dealership, or should I do it online and call the dealer to confirm and pay him the deposit?
Talk to a dealer, via phone - ask him about no ADM, X-plan pricing, Ford Options, if your deposit is refundable - if they are good with all that, ask him to send an email confirmation to you - see how fast and how responsive the dealer is - then place your order online and select that dealer you just liked (you will have to pay deposit in any case). That what I did and so far it worked fine.

jh420

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E Premium AWD SR
Does anyone know how long it takes for dealer to accept? Am I just waiting on them to click a button? if so I might just switch dealers.

Ciero

First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E 4x Premium Edition, Explorer Sport
Country flag
Does anyone know how long it takes for dealer to accept? Am I just waiting on them to click a button? if so I might just switch dealers.
Yeah, they just have to click a button. I don't know why it's so hard for them to do it. They called me to confirm almost immediately and I still had to show up days laster to get them to click it because it just wasn't happening.

Mach-E VLOG

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
machevlog.com
Vehicles
Mach-E GT PE - Grabber Blue - Blucifer Twocifer
Country flag
It took mine about 7 days. Have you given them a call?

jh420

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
It took mine about 7 days. Have you given them a call?
he emailed me today cause i wanted to add the interior mats, but im not sure if he knows, ok just wondering if it just takes time or if they just dont know how to accept. Its been less than a week so ill wait a few i guess

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E4X, 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Country flag
Yeah, they just have to click a button. I don't know why it's so hard for them to do it. They called me to confirm almost immediately and I still had to show up days laster to get them to click it because it just wasn't happening.
My salesman told me I had to come in to the dealership before he was allowed to mash the button, so I did. Even though I already paid my deposit.
I think it was a dealer policy, not Ford

Ciero

First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E 4x Premium Edition, Explorer Sport
Country flag
I think it was a dealer policy, not Ford
I agree. The dealer basically did nothing to get free money dumped into their lap, though. The least they could do after confirming with me that didn't accidentally go through the whole ordering process and I really wanted to it is click a damn button. They need to get with the times...I love having a dealership as an option for repairs and seeing vehicles, but there have to be ordering and financing process improvements or they're going to get steamrolled by a manufacturer that does force those changes.

Mach-E VLOG

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
machevlog.com
Vehicles
Mach-E GT PE - Grabber Blue - Blucifer Twocifer
Country flag
he emailed me today cause i wanted to add the interior mats, but im not sure if he knows, ok just wondering if it just takes time or if they just dont know how to accept. Its been less than a week so ill wait a few i guess
Mine insisted they had "accepted" the order but the status still didn't show up in my ford.com account. I pestered them a couple more times and they finally sent me a screenshot from their system and then magically the ford.com website updated as well.

Accord07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Star White Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Country flag
I placed my order online on a Sunday and forwarded the order number to the salesperson I had spoken to after my test drive. Under my ford.com account the order was shown as accepted by the dealer the following day.

jh420

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mine insisted they had "accepted" the order but the status still didn't show up in my ford.com account. I pestered them a couple more times and they finally sent me a screenshot from their system and then magically the ford.com website updated as well.
Thanks, i just realized you're Patrick from youtube, your videos helped alot informing my decision on ordering the mach e over competitors so thanks!, yea thanks everyone for chiming in on my quesiton, seems like I need to bug the dealer more or switch.
Sponsored