Country flag
Mine is lying to me...

Ford Mustang Mach-E OTA 1.6.0 Power-Up Installed Screenshot 2021-07-15 111509
Sponsored

Rocky29670

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2009 Toyota Camry Hybrid (Sold), 2013 Ford Fusion (borrowing until MME gets here), Mustang Mach E Premium ER AWD
Country flag
What exactly does this thing do?

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
Just compared all modules in the vehicle with forscan again. All modules are showing the same version as they were on 1.4.0.
Has anyone gone into Bezel diagnostics yet to check software versions?

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
It seems this is being rolled out purely by VIN numbers. Region has nothing to do with it. The earlier your car was built, the faster it will get an update. Those with later built cars will be waiting a while.

But I agree. There must have been an issue with 1.4.0 if they skipped 1.5.0 and released 1.6.0 before all the cars on the road were updated.
So we know definitively that’s not true because many cars built after mine (mine was delivered to me in late March) received the various OTAs, including 1.4.0, before I did.

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
I haven’t gotten 1.4.0 yet. The Early Access program doesn’t seem to be working.
When did you get your car? I believe you got yours pretty early on, right?

Snowrider69

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E First Edition
Country flag
I took delivery on March 26 too. I've received two OTAs, but no Power-Ups. My updates have been nondescript.... bug updates...

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
Just to clear up some terminology, the “power ups” are the new nomenclature for OTA updates. There have been four OTAs so far. The first one started in March, the second started in April, and then there was PowerUp 1.4 and now PowerUp 1.6.

We don’t know what any of these have done except for 1.4 which specifically said it was to implement that new ridiculous SecuriAlert feature.

Belonging to the Early Access Program does not appear to have ANY relation (that we know of) to when you receive an OTA update.

SeanE

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mach E AWD
Country flag
Don't know if it's related to 1.6.0 or not...my phone as key is now working much better. The app had an update on Android recently as well.

Weeks ago I had the 21B36 service bulletin performed. PAAK seemed to perform poorly until the last couple days.

Snowrider69

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E First Edition
Country flag
Just to clear up some terminology, the “power ups” are the new nomenclature for OTA updates. There have been four OTAs so far. The first one started in March, the second started in April, and then there was PowerUp 1.4 and now PowerUp 1.6.

We don’t know what any of these have done except for 1.4 which specifically said it was to implement that new ridiculous SecuriAlert feature.

Belonging to the Early Access Program does not appear to have ANY relation (that we know of) to when you receive an OTA update.
That makes sense, but the two updates that I've received don't mention the Power-Up terminology like the others...

From my July 5 post...

https://www.macheforum.com/site/attachments/screenshot_20210705-144117_fordpass-jpg.31601/

JoeDimwit

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue First Edition
Occupation
Electrician
Country flag
It seems this is being rolled out purely by VIN numbers. Region has nothing to do with it. The earlier your car was built, the faster it will get an update. Those with later built cars will be waiting a while.

But I agree. There must have been an issue with 1.4.0 if they skipped 1.5.0 and released 1.6.0 before all the cars on the road were updated.
Not necessarily. I picked up my car in March, and regularly people with build dates after I took delivery get updates before me.

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
Supposedly 1.6.0 was only targeted at the GWM. Which is the same module that the first 2 OTA's were updating. So we likely won't see anything different. Probably just making some tweaks to handle the OTA's better.
Sponsored