OTA Updates - Technical Info

Vaquero

Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mondeo - Mustang Mach-e LR AWD
Country flag
Loading speed of what? But yes, a lot of improvements can be made with software.
I believe the MME allows up to 150Kwh charging speed. And I wonder if this can be improved and increased with OTA update.

generaltso

Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
I believe the MME allows up to 150Kwh charging speed. And I wonder if this can be improved and increased with OTA update.
The charging curve is much more important than the peak charging speed, and yes Ford has said they will be improving the charging curve with an OTA update.

OP
OP
breeves002

breeves002

First Name
Sam
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT PE
Country flag
The max speed is based on EA chargers which are 450A max current (170kW ish max theoretical at 80% SoC).

The curve of when it slows down is a different story.

Stang68

Reaction score
Vehicles
Space White Mustang Mach E 4X
Country flag
The charging curve is much more important than the peak charging speed, and yes Ford has said they will be improving the charging curve with an OTA update.
I really, really hope they do this. Seeing how fast the Audis and Taycans charge is crazy.

AZBill

First Name
Bill
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC Sierra, Bolt, Sky, MME CA Route 1
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I really, really hope they do this. Seeing how fast the Audis and Taycans charge is crazy.
Taycan is 800V, not 400V, so there is no way to get to that level. On 400V, 200KW is max charging you can get.

Stang68

Reaction score
Vehicles
Space White Mustang Mach E 4X
Country flag
Taycan is 800V, not 400V, so there is no way to get to that level. On 400V, 200KW is max charging you can get.
Well it would be nice to get sustained speeds of 200kw while DCFC…

Advertisement

Advertisement