https://www.etis.ford.com/vehicleSelection.do

Outstanding Field Service Actions

21B36 - PHONE AS A KEY SOFTWARE UPDATE
21S42 - PANORAMIC ROOF GLASS RESEAL
21C22 - WINDSHIELD GLASS RESEAL
21P22 - SOFTWARE CALIBRATION UPDATE
21G01 - BLUECRUISE MODULE PROGRAMMING
22S41 - MAIN HV CONTACTOR WELDING
My April 2021 delivered Mach-E Premium 4X has been tearing through updates over the past 1-2 months. I just got 2.8.2 the BlueCruise update late last week.

My simple question is, will any of the software updates (OTAs) automagically remove these "Outstanding Field Service Actions" from my list? (for example, 21G01). Or, let me guess, Field Service Actions can only be cleared by a dealer visit? Other than 10k, regular service where the service person basically told me to delay the Glass reseals work for months, my Mach-E has not been back to the dealer/service.

Bonus question, if anyone knows and is willing to help, does 2.8.2 and further include 21B36 and 21P22? It would seem really odd that at the pace and how many they did to get me to 2.8.2 BlueCruise, that these wouldn't be included?

Thank you! If this needs to be in another forum, please let me know and I can delete and re-post.
Sponsored

Rich_Maine

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Volt, Toyota Prius Prime
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I goto this Etis site, put in my VIN...

https://www.etis.ford.com/vehicleSelection.do

My April 2021 delivered Mach-E Premium 4X has been tearing through updates over the past 1-2 months. I just got 2.8.2 the BlueCruise update late last week.

My simple question is, will any of the software updates (OTAs) automagically remove these "Outstanding Field Service Actions" from my list? (for example, 21G01). Or, let me guess, Field Service Actions can only be cleared by a dealer visit? Other than 10k, regular service where the service person basically told me to delay the Glass reseals work for months, my Mach-E has not been back to the dealer/service.

Bonus question, if anyone knows and is willing to help, does 2.8.2 and further include 21B36 and 21P22? It would seem really odd that at the pace and how many they did to get me to 2.8.2 BlueCruise, that these wouldn't be included?

Thank you! If this needs to be in another forum, please let me know and I can delete and re-post.

I got 2.83 and BC. My Vin shows 21G01 still outstanding so unsure if that is dealer only and not OTA?

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
No OTA update has those identifiers.

Any person who told you to delay the glass recalls issued well over 6 months ago runs the risk of being sued, because they are safety recalls.

All you should be concerned with is what shows up in your FordPass account under Recalls. ETIS is not a customer-facing system.

kdryden99

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Sentra Spec-V, Infinite Blue Mach E4X Prem
Country flag

Any person who told you to delay the glass recalls issued well over 6 months ago runs the risk of being sued, because they are safety recalls.

All you should be concerned with is what shows up in your FordPass account under Recalls. ETIS is not a customer-facing system.
Those glass recalls are delayed because of shortage of materials so don't be surprised if some people didn't do theirs yet. My dealer a) didn't want to do it over the winter because the cold air causes the glass to be brittle. b) ordered the materials needed to do the recall in march and only called me 2 weeks ago to schedule the fix which is this Wednesday

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Those glass recalls are delayed because of shortage of materials so don't be surprised if some people didn't do theirs yet. My dealer a) didn't want to do it over the winter because the cold air causes the glass to be brittle. b) ordered the materials needed to do the recall in march and only called me 2 weeks ago to schedule the fix which is this Wednesday
The work is done indoors. The adhesives require a certain temperature to be effective. Normal windshield replacement is done year round, they use different adhesives in winter. But for this work the vehicle is indoors and therefore warm, as is the glass.

Hopefully they've done a few and this goes like clockwork.

OP
OP

frumple

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium AWD
Country flag

Thanks for the tip to look at Recalls in my account. For posterity/info this is what mine says

Recalls*
  • PANORAMIC ROOF GLASS RESEAL
  • WINDSHIELD GLASS RESEAL
Customer Satisfaction Programs*
  • PHONE AS A KEY SOFTWARE UPDATE

As for the glass recall, no one is getting my perfectly running car in this market and economy for 6+ weeks (or whatever they told me). They'll have to do better than that.

There will always be internal data/fixes (apparently this Etis system) and customer facing information (FordPass account). And then the in-between, like a dealer service center. I'm skeptical of all of them, I see the forums as a way to alleviate some of the skepticism.

Let me ask my question or maybe another question in a different way. Would one ideally want all of the Outstanding Field Service Action cleared for one's Mach-E? (even though I'm now at OTA 2.8.2+, etc) As the dealer completes them, they should drop off this Etis list? Thank you!

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Thanks for the tip to look at Recalls in my account. For posterity/info this is what mine says

Recalls*
  • PANORAMIC ROOF GLASS RESEAL
  • WINDSHIELD GLASS RESEAL
Customer Satisfaction Programs*
  • PHONE AS A KEY SOFTWARE UPDATE

As for the glass recall, no one is getting my perfectly running car in this market and economy for 6+ weeks (or whatever they told me). They'll have to do better than that.

There will always be internal data/fixes (apparently this Etis system) and customer facing information (FordPass account). And then the in-between, like a dealer service center. I'm skeptical of all of them, I see the forums as a way to alleviate some of the skepticism.

Let me ask my question or maybe another question in a different way. Would one ideally want all of the Outstanding Field Service Action cleared for one's Mach-E? (even though I'm now at OTA 2.8.2+, etc) As the dealer completes them, they should drop off this Etis list? Thank you!
If your dealer told you that the two recalls would take 6+ weeks, they are incompetent. They take 2 days. They tell you 3 - 4 days because they have time for scheduling an independent glass shop, and time for cleanup. If the windshield breaks (very small percentage), they have to get a new one and that could take a number of days. You are provided a loaner car by Ford, you pay for fuel.

You should note that both glass recalls are safety related. The windshield is an integral part of protection in an accident, stopping objects from coming in, going out (you) and as part of rollover protection. The roof recall specifically is stopping the roof glass from coming out, where it could damage another vehicle or injure people.

I have no expertise on what should be or not be on ETIS. When I have recalls done, I look for them to fall off my FordPass account, which they do, within days or a week or so.

MojoWorking

First Name
Mojo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Edge Sport & MME
Country flag
Took mine in late last week for the windshield/roof recalls as well as the BlueCruise update. I was told 7-10 days.

Mathington

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium SR AWD
Country flag
My dealer took 2 days for the windshield recall, but they did it in-house as they have a full body shop.

Djynn81

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E premium
Occupation
Medical
Country flag
So I have a question with all of this if I look at my recall page on the Ford website I do not have recalls. Does this is still affect me pickup car May 28th All software was updated prior to picking up this appears to be a hardware issue?

Mathington

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium SR AWD
Country flag
So I have a question with all of this if I look at my recall page on the Ford website I do not have recalls. Does this is still affect me pickup car May 28th All software was updated prior to picking up this appears to be a hardware issue?
I don't believe Ford requires dealerships to install software updates on models before they are sold except in the event it's a safety recall.

If your vehicle was recently manufactured then I'm sure the factory would have installed any necessary updates to address recalls. The only exception may be the most recent recall regarding the contactors for the high voltage battery.

The glass adhesive issue was only for earlier models.
Sponsored