CzarR

First Name
Vrn Kmr
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Premium ER AWD
Country flag
Just few minutes ago I pulled the fuse 18, 19 like you suggested and put it back. But still I am getting the same error.

1.) I opened the passenger door pulled the fuse(fuse 18, 19 ). Waited a minute, put it back.
2.) Started the car. Now Paak reset button is enabled(earlier it was greyed out). Did master reset though. Deleted bluetooth profile on my phone. Uninstalled and re-installed the Ford pass app on my Galaxy s20 ultra(Android).
3.) Tried to pair, I keep getting the same error.

What is the sequence? Can you please suggest. Thanks for the help.
Sponsored

ChuckA

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜21 MME Premium AWD ER in Infinite Blue
Occupation
Accountant-Retired
Country flag
I'm still surprised why people continue to use a highly buggy/constantly-being-"updated" phone app, rather than the never-failed-for-me Key FOB.
Because weā€™re gluttons for punishment. My wife only uses the keyFOB but Iā€™m more patient. Someday it will be debugged.

OP
OP
CzarR

CzarR

First Name
Vrn Kmr
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I think it's obvious what to try next.
I tried resetting the paak too. Still no luck.

Moreover I received 21b36: update to paak. But no use.

20221209_003104.jpg

Last edited:

jimbobiii

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Infinite Blue ER AWD MME, Model 3
Country flag
Yeah Iā€™m having a similar problem after the deluge of updates.

neither my phone nor FOB works to open the car doors. The car doesnā€™t recognize the phone as a key inside the car either. FOB still works inside the car.

annoying.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
Yeah Iā€™m having a similar problem after the deluge of updates.

neither my phone nor FOB works to open the car doors. The car doesnā€™t recognize the phone as a key inside the car either. FOB still works inside the car.

annoying.
Hello! Send us a private message with your VIN and the name and location of your local Ford dealer. Iā€™d be happy to see what I can do to assist with this PAAK concern. Thanks!

RSH

First Name
RSH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Rapid Red Premium ER
Country flag
Hi, I got the 3.6.1 update. After that paak stopped working. Following are the steps I followed but still no use. Please suggest what I have been doing wrong? I had it working until a week ago and I like the feature.

1.) Did a master reset in the car.
2.) Removed the car from the Ford pass and uninstalled the app from my Android 12(Galaxy S20 Ultra)
3.) Installed the app and the car to the Ford pass app's garage.
4.) Now I try to set up phone as a key, I would go as far as enabling it and downloading the key.
5.) I get to bluetooth code "copy and continue" at which point the app is trying to connect to the car via bluetooth.
6.) It fails saying "move closer to the car " as it cannot find the car.
7.) I am actually sitting inside the car with the ignition on.
8.) On the other hand I am able to connect to android auto and bluetooth audio from the same phone just fine.

Note: I don't have a profile setup. After master reset I connected to the wifi just in case that is needed. Ignition is on and I am sitting inside the car. I called Ford support, they created a case. Not sure if they will ever get back.
I had the same experience after the 3.6.1 update. I deleted PAAK and it would stop at the same point you described when I tried to reinstall PAAK. I decided to just wait it out since something always triggers it back. In this case, Fordpass came out with the 4.23.0 (Android) update. I updated, then went to the car to try to reinstall PAAK. Worked immediately. šŸ¤·šŸ½ā€ā™€ļø

OP
OP
CzarR

CzarR

First Name
Vrn Kmr
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I had the same experience after the 3.6.1 update. I deleted PAAK and it would stop at the same point you described when I tried to reinstall PAAK. I decided to just wait it out since something always triggers it back. In this case, Fordpass came out with the 4.23.0 (Android) update. I updated, then went to the car to try to reinstall PAAK. Worked immediately. šŸ¤·šŸ½ā€ā™€ļø
I already uninstalled and re-installed the app. I am on 4.23.0 (Android) update as well. Actually, I remember now it stopped working not after 3.6.1 but I received another update related to battery. Can't remember the code now. It stopped ever since. Hoping may be another update will trigger the fix. Also, I have a suspicion if it is only happening to 2022 MY.

Also, Ford is not very responsive to these issues. They simply log a ticket and that is it. Won't respond. I tried to follow up multiple times they have a standard response "tech team is looking into it". Hard to keep the reputation this way.

2FlyMache

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Rapid Red Ex4 MachE
Country flag
I'm having same problem since the last FordPass update. My PAAK stopped working so I had to remove/reinstall which worked for a few days and now doesn't work again. PAAK was working perfectly for me till then.

Fremont Kid

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach e Premium AWD
Occupation
Retired IT
Country flag
Recently features that did not work consistently began to work. Seems related to data/information exchange between the MME and Ford Pass on my Samsung S22 cell phone. Could be related to version 4.23 or another minor revision - if that exists. Vehicle location used to not update quickly, now does. Departure times set using Ford Pass did not always work, but has become more consistent. If I selected 'charge to 100%' to deviate from the 80% charge settings, the system would not revert to preferred 80% for the next charge cycle, but now that seems to work.

Unfortunately, some other features not related to Ford Pass app either don't work or are inconsistent. Blue Cruise and lane keep assist does not work for my wife although our profiles are identical. Sometimes Blue Cruise works fine during one leg of a trip, then won't appear for the next leg. Phones and Profiles recently have not been recognized, rather one day 'Guest' was the recognized profile. Dealer will investigate next week and has told me they see an error code that is related to data/information transmission. Will update after the dealer determines root cause and issues are resolved.

jimbobiii

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Infinite Blue ER AWD MME, Model 3
Country flag
Hello! Send us a private message with your VIN and the name and location of your local Ford dealer. Iā€™d be happy to see what I can do to assist with this PAAK concern. Thanks!
I will if it persists after the holiday. The car getting another software update seems to have fixed it (maybe due to just rebooting the computers)

Fremont Kid

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach e Premium AWD
Occupation
Retired IT
Country flag
Recently features that did not work consistently began to work. Seems related to data/information exchange between the MME and Ford Pass on my Samsung S22 cell phone. Could be related to version 4.23 or another minor revision - if that exists. Vehicle location used to not update quickly, now does. Departure times set using Ford Pass did not always work, but has become more consistent. If I selected 'charge to 100%' to deviate from the 80% charge settings, the system would not revert to preferred 80% for the next charge cycle, but now that seems to work.

Unfortunately, some other features not related to Ford Pass app either don't work or are inconsistent. Blue Cruise and lane keep assist does not work for my wife although our profiles are identical. Sometimes Blue Cruise works fine during one leg of a trip, then won't appear for the next leg. Phones and Profiles recently have not been recognized, rather one day 'Guest' was the recognized profile. Dealer will investigate next week and has told me they see an error code that is related to data/information transmission. Will update after the dealer determines root cause and issues are resolved.
Update: Delivered the MME to the dealer yesterday for evaluation and remediation. They completed the work today. Said not all modules had the most current software. Will test for a couple weeks. Also, dealer said some software can be gigabytes large so, rather than OTA they connected the MME to their computer and downloaded directly. Hopefully, most OTA updates will not be so large the updates will require hours.
However, being forewarned with this information be sure to schedule software updates using the menu options in the vehicle. If you don't and a critical update begins, your MME may not be functional until the update completes. A couple weeks ago I scheduled updates to begin at 4:00 a.m. so updates will usually complete before we need the car in the morning. Don't get stranded needlessly. The update schedule menu is available and easy.

OP
OP
CzarR

CzarR

First Name
Vrn Kmr
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I received 3.6.2 update two days ago. I did reset paak and it started working again. Received 4.1.1 after that. Still working.
Sponsored