Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Livewire prius prime Mach e. In 3 weeks if it was built yesterday
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
When it asks for pass code, touch the second line for the keyboard to show up.
Sponsored

DBC

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt ELR
Country flag
I have set up PaaK and tried to set up the Backup Start Code but after entering the code I wanted to use on the screen I couldn't figure out how to enter.
Any clue?
Do you mean you entered the code but couldn't figure out how to submit it? IIRC you just used "Enter" on the virtual keyboard. Or is your Q different?

Wondering if I need to remove the PaaK we setup and start again (heaven forbid). Only change I remember doing was assigning our profiles to a seat profile. No changes to PaaK at all (and our PaaK work generally fine).
The manual says you may need to press the Start button a second time after pressing it with your foot on the brake. The first time I did it I may have needed to press Start three times? Hard to say but there was definitely a delay.

Before such drastic action I'd (1) try the default admin entry code and see if that generates a prompt; and (2) delete the backup code and re-enter it. May not help but might save the bother of starting from scratch.

eltonlin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FE Gray
Country flag
Do you mean you entered the code but couldn't figure out how to submit it? IIRC you just used "Enter" on the virtual keyboard. Or is your Q different?

The manual says you may need to press the Start button a second time after pressing it with your foot on the brake. The first time I did it I may have needed to press Start three times? Hard to say but there was definitely a delay.

Before such drastic action I'd (1) try the default admin entry code and see if that generates a prompt; and (2) delete the backup code and re-enter it. May not help but might save the bother of starting from scratch.
Thanks. Issue here isn’t the backup door code but the backup start code. I’m just never prompted for it.

When you access settings, is there any indication that youhave a backup startup code already set up?

Ma9573

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Current: Mach E CA Rte1
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
When I try to set up PaaK it tells me my Pixel 4XL is not supported, but I was able to get to the point I can unlock and lock via the Ford pass app. But honestly I have the Fob and don't really care right now. I'll wait until some updates before trying again.

eltonlin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FE Gray
Country flag
Thanks. Issue here isn’t the backup door code but the backup start code. I’m just never prompted for it.

When you access settings, is there any indication that youhave a backup startup code already set up?
Well, I deleted the PaaK from the app and removed my phone from the profile. Initiated the PaaK setup from the app again, and was prompted to setup a new backup start code on the dash. Linked my phone to my profile, and now the backup start code works. I also see the option to remove it via Settings as well.

DBC

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt ELR
Country flag
Well, I deleted the PaaK from the app and removed my phone from the profile. Initiated the PaaK setup from the app again, and was prompted to setup a new backup start code on the dash. Linked my phone to my profile, and now the backup start code works. I also see the option to remove it via Settings as well.
Glad you got it going. I thought you meant the backup start code but wasn't certain. My suggestion was to see if simply removing the re-entering the start code would work. Just going from memory, the first time I tried the enter the car and start it with codes it took a while for the start code entry screen to appear. I might have needed to press Start several times, or the MME might have had to think for a while before it decided to initiate the start code process.

eltonlin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FE Gray
Country flag
The odd thing is that my wife was prompted for a backup startup code and when attempting to enter hers, it didn't work. So thinking I have to reset her phone as well.

I assume that there can be different door codes and start up codes for each profile, correct?

Nav

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME Premium SR AWD
Country flag
For those with Android using PaaK, does your notification ALWAYS show "PaaK connected to your vehicle: no matter how far away you get from the car? I'm trying to compare what exactly this means vs. the other notification, "PaaK is trying to connect..."

Does the latter just mean you are too far away right now, so obv there is no need, or there is actually some fault and the app timed out, etc that requires a force close and reopen.

Monkeyking

First Name
Li
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC 60 recharge, Mach E AWD premium
Country flag
I always have this fear that with the door code and backup start code, someone can hack into the car and just drive it away. I m probably way too paranoid?

now the real question:if u enter the wrong code for either door code or the start code multiple times, does the car lock u out (like how iphone does)?

JSW

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Bolt; Porsche Boxster; Chevy Blazer; Jeep Wrangler
Country flag
PAAk not only fails to work consistently, it keeps dropping from FordPass altogether. I’ve only used my iPhone 11 To set it up.

Right now, Fordpass won’t recognize my phone or previous PAAKs and is again asking me to set up PAAK. (Pic 1). I’ve already done it twice, and FordPass, on page 2 notes that there are 2 active PAAKs - previously set up with the same phone. (Pic 2). FordPass remembers them as active keys, but won’t actually recognize the phone/PAAK.

I'm not going to bother a third time - it works sporadically for a week and then, out of the blue, it stops working altogether and asks me if I want to set up PAAK (pic 1).

3BB7F548-437F-446F-A65E-03CE260D4B08.png

10E9E22D-C30A-4CB8-8FBD-649371294030.png

Crilly

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Where is the fob?

eltonlin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FE Gray
Country flag
Well, I spent an hour resetting and adding PaaK for me and wife. This was to ensure I was able to set two different backup start passcodes. However, checking the status of the backup start passcode today, it appears that both passcodes are no longer assigned, and/or were somehow not saved. Attempting to add one results in an error (same one I experienced before). After spending an hour resetting PaaK, I’m loathe to do it again.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Phone As Key issues 0047998A-C31F-41DB-A610-8140B0F45BB3

Crilly

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
You need to erase previous phone attempts. 4 max.

Good luck.

horsiedad

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mach-E GT PE, Mach-E Premium
Country flag
I've been trying to PAAK to work for over a week now. I've tried everything mentioned on this forum as well as what Ford support has suggested. Fordpass will not complete the process of downloading the key. It's been a complete fail. I've reached out to Ford via Twitter in hopes of getting the attention of somebody who can really help. Very frustrating, and concerning with just one keyfob.

krafty81

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME AWD EX Premium, 2023 Lexus RX350h
Country flag
PAAK - not ready for prime time!
Sponsored