kgs999

First Name
Karin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach E California One
Country flag
There are plenty in the Bay Area on lots. I have left numerous messages with ford customer service with no response since talking with them last Monday. The dealership owner doesn’t call back either. I will never get a ford again. Service Manager said it looks like Ford sent a defective car in the first place. Documenting everything in case it qualifies as a lemon per California laws. They are definitely being short sighted. Anyone who asks me about the car, hear the problems! Too bad they won’t make this right. Only plus is that I leased and will definitely be dumping the car back to Ford is 35 1/2 months.
Sponsored

OP
OP

kgs999

First Name
Karin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
We purchased this car on Friday night. Drove home from dealer San Leandro Ford aprox 35 miles away. Drove it Sat. night and got a warning light for Blind spot mirror disabled. Turned car off and then on and it went away. Started car Sunday and got Electrical system drain Service required. Texted sales person and he said no problem, take it to local Ford Dealer in Marin on Monday. WTF. Called local dealer and they didn't have any loaners and to go to Enterprise. Enterprise was $80 a day and ford would only reimburse up to $40 a day.... once again...wtf on a brand new car. I come to find out that the car had 3 faults already by Monday morning.... The first one was at 29 miles...5 miles after leaving dealership. San Leandro Ford offered me a loaner at this point and picked up my car Monday afternoon. Within 5 minutes of the driver taking my car, my Ford App blows up with Pre-collision Assist not available on my car while the driver was driving the car back to the dealer. On Tuesday, Service manager calls and says everything is fine and just a "software update" is needed. He calls Wednesday and say everything looks good, but wants my permission to drive it around 100 miles. More miles than I have put on the car! I reluctantly agree. Talked to Service manager today - Thursday and he said ride was fine, but after charging the car, they got a new fault! He will get back to me. At this point, Ford has had my car longer than I have owned it and has also put more miles on the car than me!!!!! I want them to take the car back. I didn't buy this car to have problems. This car was broken leaving the lot. I am so frustrated and angry and I don't know what to do and what recourse I have. I have read the Lemon Law for California.... 4 x to repair or 30 days in shop. I really dont want to wait that long on a 60K car that has problems from day 1! Someone please help!
Update 4/21.... Trying for a buyback a second time. First request was declined in December. If it is declined, I will be hiring an attorney I will be bringing my car in now for the 6th time and already have 25 days in the shop.... here are my notes future buyers beware!

2023 California 1 Mach E Lemon Documentation

• Purchased 9/15/2023 @ San Leandro Ford. Car had 25 miles at purchase
  • 9/16/2023- Blind spot mirror fault disabled
  • 9/17/2023- Electrical system drain Service required
  • 9/18/2023 – San Leandro Ford picked up vehicle and while employee was driving car in for service Pre Collision warning fault is sent to my phone.
  • 9/18/2023 – Find out from service department that car had already had 3 faults. This first one occurred at 29 miles… 5 miles after purchase. Service dept does a software update and requested to drive car 100 miles in addition to driving the vehicle to the dealership 38 miles away. At this point Ford has put on way more miles on the car. Than I have.
  • Vehicle is in the shop for 5 days and is delivered back 9/22/2023
  • 10/11/2023 Blind Spot System Fault and Cross Traffic Fault
  • Car is picked up 10/13
  • They cleared faults…. Not sure what else they did
  • Car is in the shop for 8 days and delivered 10/19/2023
  • 2/27/24 Car is making horrible sounds and it Towed. Brakes were replaced and one rotor replaced and one resurfaced.
  • 2/28/2024 Car was returned with large scratch on the door.
  • 1 day in the shop
  • 3/19/2024 Car is picked by San Leandro Ford to get the scratch repaired. While in the body shop, I get an alert on my phone on 3/23/2024 that there is a Blind Spot and Cross traffic faults on my car. I call Paul – the service manager at San Leandro Ford and he says it is because they are painting the car and not to worry. (lol)
  • 3/26 and get an alert on my phone that car alarm is going off. I call Paul – the service manager at San Leandro Ford and he says he will look into it.
  • 3/28/2024 Car is delivered. Paul said there was problem in the door module that they fixed. I asked again about the Blind Spot and Cross traffic faults on my car and he says that is fine. The car is the shop 8 days for body repair and 2 days for service repairs. Paul also tells me that they no longer want to service my car due to the distance to my house.
  • 4/9/2024 I get the Blind Spot and Cross traffic faults on my care again. I call our local Ford dealer, Novato Ford and they can’t look at my car for 5 weeks! I call Ford customer service after Novato Ford advised me to call. Talked to rep and supervisor and they both advised me that they have no control over there dealers. After many discussions, they agreed to reimburse me for a rental car and made an appointment with Hilltop Ford.
  • 4/11/2024 I dropped off my car and got a rental… 1 ½ hours this took.
  • 4/19/2014 I returned rental and picked up my car… and 1 ½ hours Car was in for service 9 days.
  • 4/19/2024 get flat tire and car was towed to Hilltop Ford. They repaired the tire and delivered my car back that evening. They were very kind.
  • 4/20/24 I-Pedal Fault. Press brake pedal to reduce speed. I pulled over since car wasn’t stopping with 1 pedal, fortunately I was in a residential area. I turned car off for a few minutes and turned it back on and it was working. I called Hilltop Ford and they said they will try and get me a rental and to call Mike – Service Director- on Monday.
  • This was incredibly scary. I could have been on a freeway or busy road when this happened. As of today… my car has been in for service a total of 25 days plus what ever it takes to get this fixed. My car has been in for repairs 5 times plus this latest problem… It will be 6 times in 7 months. This car has been a lemon since the day I purchased the vehicle. The car is not safe for to be driving!

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
Update 4/21.... Trying for a buyback a second time. First request was declined in December. If it is declined, I will be hiring an attorney I will be bringing my car in now for the 6th time and already have 25 days in the shop.... here are my notes future buyers beware!

• 9/18/2023 – San Leandro Ford picked up vehicle and while employee was driving car in for service Pre Collision warning fault is sent to my phone.
  • 9/18/2023 – Find out from service department that car had already had 3 faults. This first one occurred at 29 miles… 5 miles after purchase. Service dept does a software update and requested to drive car 100 miles in addition to driving the vehicle to the dealership 38 miles away. At this point Ford has put on way more miles on the car. Than I have.
  • Car is picked up 10/13
  • 2/27/24 Car is making horrible sounds and it Towed. Brakes were replaced and one rotor replaced and one resurfaced.
  • 1 day in the shop
  • 3/19/2024 Car is picked by San Leandro Ford to get the scratch repaired. While in the body shop, I get an alert on my phone on 3/23/2024 that there is a Blind Spot and Cross traffic faults on my car. I call Paul – the service manager at San Leandro Ford and he says it is because they are painting the car and not to worry. (lol)
  • 3/26 and get an alert on my phone that car alarm is going off. I call Paul – the service manager at San Leandro Ford and he says he will look into it.
  • 3/28/2024 Car is delivered. Paul said there was problem in the door module that they fixed. I asked again about the Blind Spot and Cross traffic faults on my car and he says that is fine. The car is the shop 8 days for body repair and 2 days for service repairs. Paul also tells me that they no longer want to service my car due to the distance to my house.
  • 4/9/2024 I get the Blind Spot and Cross traffic faults on my care again. I call our local Ford dealer, Novato Ford and they can’t look at my car for 5 weeks! I call Ford customer service after Novato Ford advised me to call. Talked to rep and supervisor and they both advised me that they have no control over there dealers. After many discussions, they agreed to reimburse me for a rental car and made an appointment with Hilltop Ford.
  • 4/19/2014 I returned rental and picked up my car… and 1 ½ hours Car was in for service 9 days.
  • 4/19/2024 get flat tire and car was towed to Hilltop Ford. They repaired the tire and delivered my car back that evening. They were very kind.
  • 4/20/24 I-Pedal Fault. Press brake pedal to reduce speed. I pulled over since car wasn’t stopping with 1 pedal, fortunately I was in a residential area. I turned car off for a few minutes and turned it back on and it was working. I called Hilltop Ford and they said they will try and get me a rental and to call Mike – Service Director- on Monday.
  • This was incredibly scary. I could have been on a freeway or busy road when this happened. As of today… my car has been in for service a total of 25 days plus what ever it takes to get this fixed. My car has been in for repairs 5 times plus this latest problem… It will be 6 times in 7 months. This car has been a lemon since the day I purchased the vehicle. The car is not safe for to be driving!
You should research lemon laws in your state.

And when you try to make your case, maybe remove all the non-essential information from your claim.

If it doesn’t apply to the lemon law, it unfortunately doesn’t matter. It does make for a good (bad) story though!

Unrelated repairs (not the same problem over and over) and problems fixed in a few days for example wouldn’t matter for lemon law where I live.

On a related note- some of those faults are just random glitches that go away when you turn your car off and then back on. Don’t necessarily need a trip to the dealer when you get them.

Last edited:

Jerrytball

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
So sorry you’ve had so much trouble with your car, I can save this. If I would’ve been on this forum before I bought my car I probably would not have bought one! Test drove it. I love it so far knock on wood. Nothing happened in 2000 miles. I keep my fingers crossed because they told me not a lot they can do in near future because they do not have an electrical technicians, and they won’t dare try any type of software updates or anything, so I hope they get one soon.

you mentioning how many miles the dealer wanted to drive the car after they got it to fix it, that makes me think back my car had 200 miles on it when I got it and it was brand new!

OP
OP

kgs999

First Name
Karin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
You should research lemon laws in your state.

And when you try to make your case, maybe remove all the non-essential information from your claim.

If it doesn’t apply to the lemon law, it unfortunately doesn’t matter. It does make for a good (bad) story though!

Unrelated repairs (not the same problem over and over) and problems fixed in a few days for example wouldn’t matter for lemon law where I live.

On a related note- some of those faults are just random glitches that go away when you turn your car off and then back on. Don’t necessarily need a trip to the dealer when you get them.
I’ve become very familiar with the lemon law in California. 30 days in the shop= lemon. 5x repair = lemon, life threatening 3x repair = lemon. Not sure about your vehicle, but when my warnings go off, that feature in the car stops working. Completely unacceptable, especially since these are all safety issues. I have had the car for 7 months with only 4000 miles. This car was a lemon from day one. It goes back to the shop tomorrow for its 6th visit. Lucky me.

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I’ve become very familiar with the lemon law in California. 30 days in the shop= lemon. 5x repair = lemon, life threatening 3x repair = lemon. Not sure about your vehicle, but when my warnings go off, that feature in the car stops working. Completely unacceptable, especially since these are all safety issues. I have had the car for 7 months with only 4000 miles. This car was a lemon from day one. It goes back to the shop tomorrow for its 6th visit. Lucky me.
Correct me if I’m wrong, but I think the 5x or 3x repair requires it to be the same problem. 30 days in the shop are cumulative.

Yes, when I get a (fill in the blank) fault, it doesn’t work. But turning the car off and back on made them go away.

OP
OP

kgs999

First Name
Karin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Correct me if I’m wrong, but I think the 5x or 3x repair requires it to be the same problem. 30 days in the shop also have to be continuous.

Yes, when I get a (fill in the blank) fault, it doesn’t work. But turning the car off and back on made them go away.
30 days doesn’t need to be continuous in California. It can be cumulative. The lights go away but it will happen randomly again in a day. Not acceptable for safety features or when 1 pedal stops while you are driving.

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
30 days doesn’t need to be continuous in California. It can be cumulative. The lights go away but it will happen randomly again in a day. Not acceptable for safety features or when 1 pedal stops while you are driving.
Yeah sounds like you have a decent claim.

OP
OP

kgs999

First Name
Karin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

• Car is picked up 10/13
  • 1 day in the shop
Update: I just got a verbal that a buyback has been approved after 6x in the shop, 35 days total and one problem still outstanding. Car is 7 months old w/4400 miles- over 300 miles was put on by the dealer on its last visit. I don’t have any details on the buyback yet, but I look forward to moving on to a completely different car soon.

ChehRob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Premium AWD Ext. Range
Occupation
ret
Country flag
Now Ford needs to be useful, figure out how to fix the thing, use it as a loaner or as sales persons car for at least one year. Only then put it back on the market.
Sponsored