Post here if you have an active FDRS account and are willing to look up info for others

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum EcoBoost
Occupation
Auto Sales
Country flag
The IPMA and PSCM updates showed up to 2023 ICE trucks a few days ago and the Lightning yesterday or possibly sooner. As of today, the IPMA and PSCM files are showing in FDRS for 2022 ICE trucks, too.

On vehicle with BC 1.0, these files are not activating BC 1.4.....something is still missing. I am guessing an APIM update is still needed to add the toggle switches for lane change assist, predictive speed, etc. It is possible that vehicles that already have BC 1.2 or 1.3 will automatically go to BC 1.4. However, on the ICE trucks, the IPMA update is writing all zeros to the file locations where BC goodies are supposed to go.

@Mike G Does your Lightning have BC 1.0 or higher?
Sponsored

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Mach-E GT-PE, '22 F-150 Lightning
Country flag
The IPMA and PSCM updates showed up to 2023 ICE trucks a few days ago and the Lightning yesterday or possibly sooner. As of today, the IPMA and PSCM files are showing in FDRS for 2022 ICE trucks, too.

On vehicle with BC 1.0, these files are not activating BC 1.4.....something is still missing. I am guessing an APIM update is still needed to add the toggle switches for lane change assist, predictive speed, etc. It is possible that vehicles that already have BC 1.2 or 1.3 will automatically go to BC 1.4. However, on the ICE trucks, the IPMA update is writing all zeros to the file locations where BC goodies are supposed to go.

@Mike G Does your Lightning have BC 1.0 or higher?
It does...all 22 Lariat and higher trims came with it from the plant. Same for 23s.

It will be 1.0 to 1.4 whenever it happens.

PianoDan0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Mustang Mach-E RWD ER
Country flag
Should that happen, FDRS would generate a repair validation code which is what your dealer would need to get you new APIM under warranty. I think that is the best way out for you and based on a offline convo I had with Mike about your case, he agrees a new APIM is the way to go for you.
After some more digging on this forum, it seems like if the dealer attempted 21G01 (which they did) and it failed (it clearly did if I'm still stuck, plus I don't have BC) then it's likely my APIM is locked because 21G01 directs you to run 22-2117 which runs the module recovery and starts the 20 day lockout window (if it fails) and after that the APIM doesn't receive updates.

I guess we'll find out!

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto Sales
Country flag
After some more digging on this forum, it seems like if the dealer attempted 21G01 (which they did) and it failed (it clearly did if I'm still stuck, plus I don't have BC) then it's likely my APIM is locked because 21G01 directs you to run 22-2117 which runs the module recovery and starts the 20 day lockout window (if it fails) and after that the APIM doesn't receive updates.

I guess we'll find out!
Your warranty history in PTS says the dealer tried 21G01 several times with a flash drive and it failed and they had to hardwire to the car to do it and then it went through, But, vehicle history does not show any indication that 21G01 was ever attempted. None of the tech notes that day makes any sense to me for several reasons; the fact that you don't have BC is only one reason.

All that was done to your car in August was an IPC update that failed via USB and had to be CAN'd in and it took 5.5 hours, but they did it. Between October and November, some module updates were done spread out through a few days.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Post here if you have an active FDRS account and are willing to look up info for others 1704393947371

PianoDan0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Your warranty history in PTS says the dealer tried 21G01 several times with a flash drive and it failed and they had to hardwire to the car to do it and then it went through, But, vehicle history does not show any indication that 21G01 was ever attempted. None of the tech notes that day makes any sense to me for several reasons; the fact that you don't have BC is only one reason.

All that was done to your car in August was an IPC update that failed via USB and had to be CAN'd in and it took 5.5 hours, but they did it. Between October and November, some module updates were done spread out through a few days.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Post here if you have an active FDRS account and are willing to look up info for others 1704393947371
What is PTS vs. vehicle history? Are they two different systems that report what updates have been performed?

Interesting though, that second to last one was before I bought the car but I took my car in to my local dealer for the same issues about a month or so later so whatever they did didn't fix it. My local dealer wasn't able to find any issues and it's just been something I've been dealing with. Usually I drive for a few mins, restart the car, and the faults go away. I thought it was a 12V battery issue which led me down this whole path - someone suggested I go on this forum and ask about the updates I need and here we are.

Could still be a problem with my 12V battery but I want to get all these SW updates figured out first since it could potentially be resolved with more up to date software.

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto Sales
Country flag
What is PTS vs. vehicle history? Are they two different systems that report what updates have been performed?

Interesting though, that second to last one was before I bought the car but I took my car in to my local dealer for the same issues about a month or so later so whatever they did didn't fix it. My local dealer wasn't able to find any issues and it's just been something I've been dealing with. Usually I drive for a few mins, restart the car, and the faults go away. I thought it was a 12V battery issue which led me down this whole path - someone suggested I go on this forum and ask about the updates I need and here we are.

Could still be a problem with my 12V battery but I want to get all these SW updates figured out first since it could potentially be resolved with more up to date software.
Vehicle history can be seen in PTS or FDRS. Vehicle history shows anything and everything ever done (or not done) with FDRS to a vehicle. FDRS is Ford dealer software used to for module programming on vehicle, diagnosing, and a lot more. PTS is a Ford dealer service website able to pull connected data for a vehicle including many things you cannot see with FDRS including OTA history, current sync version, DTC's recorded by the vehicle for the past 60 days, warranty history, open recalls, and more.

Your car is recording so many codes every time you drive it, I would need to take 2 screenshots to show them all, but low battery voltage is not one of them. That does not mean your battery is at 100% capacity; it just means it is not bad enough to where it is throwing a code for it.

PianoDan0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Vehicle history can be seen in PTS or FDRS. Vehicle history shows anything and everything ever done (or not done) with FDRS to a vehicle. FDRS is Ford dealer software used to for module programming on vehicle, diagnosing, and a lot more. PTS is a Ford dealer service website able to pull connected data for a vehicle including many things you cannot see with FDRS including OTA history, current sync version, DTC's recorded by the vehicle for the past 60 days, warranty history, open recalls, and more.

Your car is recording so many codes every time you drive it, I would need to take 2 screenshots to show them all, but low battery voltage is not one of them. That does not mean your battery is at 100% capacity; it just means it is not bad enough to where it is throwing a code for it.
Thanks for the explanation. Does PTS require a subscription to view?

Yeah, I got an OBD-II scanner recently and saw all the codes my car has been throwing. I just got the AdvanceTrac error stuff (and others) yesterday which I thought was throwing all the errors. I cleared the errors and didn't see any (other than the SODCMC) the next time I started my car but haven't driven the car since. I'll probably check again tonight when I drive again.

I just know a 12V battery being low can cause these random errors from happening and the fact that I drive the car for a few mins and they clear (from the instrument cluster) makes it seem like it could be a 12V issue. I'm thinking that because upon startup, maybe the modules don't have enough power and end up throwing errors then after I drive for a bit the 12V charges up a little and when I restart the car the battery has enough juice to start up the modules properly. Usually what happens is all faults except 1PD clear while I'm driving, then I have to restart to clear the 1PD fault. After that, it may be days or weeks until it happens again. Seems to happen randomly, and maybe just a coincidence, but I notice it more when I charge the HVB to 100% (for a road trip for example). Typically I keep by battery at 85% for my daily commute.

CarGuy11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MachE4X Prem, 2020 GRSupra, 2016 Corvette Z51
Country flag
Curious what the dealer notes say on mine the other day. It went in for CSP even though it updated OTA and they did 2 other remaining updates but what about the unnamed configuration updates or anything else? Thx! 3FMTK3SU9NMA41574

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto Sales
Country flag
Thanks for the explanation. Does PTS require a subscription to view?
The PTS I use requires Ford employee credentials to access. There a non employee version you can subscribe to, but it does not give as much info as the one I use. I've never used it, so can't really tell you the difference between the two.

Curious what the dealer notes say on mine the other day. It went in for CSP even though it updated OTA and they did 2 other remaining updates but what about the unnamed configuration updates or anything else? Thx! 3FMTK3SU9NMA41574
Tech notes will take a while to appear in warranty history. Maybe until the warranty claim gets processed which can take weeks.

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto Sales
Country flag
@CarGuy11 Incredibly enough, the notes are there for your car already. Warranty history is below.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Post here if you have an active FDRS account and are willing to look up info for others 1704400097142

Edit: Before you ask, no pending OTA in your queue at this time. ;)

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto Sales
Country flag
Thanks! Ok no mention of them updating the non CSP modules.
No need. They can't bill Ford for those, so there is no need to document anything extra they may have done.

noflipping

First Name
MJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e Premium 4X, Focus Electric
Country flag
Hey Mike...

Happy New Year!

After 35+ days trying of the dealer to fix my car, they say it's "fixed."

I hate to ask if you can check the current status and see what they did before I pickup/accept.

3FMTK3SU0MMA05951

Many thanks!

Mike
Sponsored