Dominic Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach E select
Occupation
Sim Pilot
Country flag
I would like to have Alexa. I like Siri as well. I am excited about having both Siri and Alexa in my EV.
Sponsored

Satisfiend

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Country flag
I'm still on revision 411, checked for system updates, nothing available. my 22, ca rt1

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
My Lightning just got its version of the 3.2 package. 3.2.0 just arrived this morning.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Power-Up 3.2.1 SYNC Update B2BD13B8-0654-4051-A6EC-E5C9AD0400E0

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
The car game reminds me nostalgically of Spy Hunter, from my misspent youth in many an arcade.

That said, I don’t want Alexa in my car, and I certainly would have no plan to pay anything to renew it after the three year period. I can wait until I get home to order my cat litter.

(Okay, this is probably AWESOME for anyone who is all-in on the Amazon ecosystem, but the Apple (me) and Google ecosystem people are very “meh” about this, I’m sure.)
I already have the Ford lady and Siri in my car, let's toss another gal in for good measure!

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
FYI you can dismiss the Alexa icon after tapping on it:

Ford Mustang Mach-E Power-Up 3.2.1 SYNC Update B2BD13B8-0654-4051-A6EC-E5C9AD0400E0

No, since I haven't activated it. Alexa might replace the Ford Assistant if you activate it. Siri/Google still works if you hold the button.
Outstanding news!

UsernameChecksOut

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Evo X, 2021 Mach-E GT PE
Country flag
Perhaps I have one of the unpopular opinions, but I am very much looking forward to having Alexa integration in the car! I use it to open/close the garage door, turn on the lights, check the door lock/alarm, and access all sorts of other on-road entertainment features like music, audiobooks, news, stock market updates etc.

My current hack is using Echo Auto plugged in to the USB port.

If anybody uses the Alexa integration via Ford Sync, can you describe the responsiveness? I am slightly annoyed with the built in Ford and Siri/Apple CarPlay integrations because I find the 2 second delay between the wake word and response to be aggravating.

ridgebackpilot

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME GTPE; 2022 MME Premium ER
Occupation
Attorney
Country flag
Regarding Alexa, you can remove that aggravating little icon by registering for it (ironically) and then turning it off. No idea if registering has any other impact, but I was supremely annoyed by that icon.

I, for one, and disappointed that the software engineering team is spending cycles on Alexa rather than other more important improvements/fixes, but that's just me.

(edit: whoops, sorry, looks like Anthony beat me to it by a few minutes)
Why is @Ford Motor Company wasting its time and energy on Alexa and games instead of releasing something many of us will actually use: Pet Mode?!

PeeKay

First Name
Pravin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 MachE
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Why is @Ford Motor Company wasting its time and energy on Alexa and games instead of releasing something many of us will actually use: Pet Mode?!
Bad Product managers are usually responsible for bad prioritization.

Don't think the Product Managers frequent this forum. Heck, when I was working at a Forr 500 Software company, the PMs wouldn't even know about discussions happening on the forum run by the company.

CarGuyBill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e GTPE - Bronco - Mustang Dark Horse
Occupation
Photographer
Country flag
FYI you can dismiss the Alexa icon after tapping on it:

No, since I haven't activated it. Alexa might replace the Ford Assistant if you activate it. Siri/Google still works if you hold the button.
I have tried with my profile active and guest with no luck getting the screen. One time it did flash by but could not touch the button fast enough. Any suggestions on how to get it to show like you did? I have not setup alexa.

OP
OP
Mach-Lee

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
I have tried with my profile active and guest with no luck getting the screen. One time it did flash by but could not touch the button fast enough. Any suggestions on how to get it to show like you did? I have not setup alexa.
To be clear you got the 3.2.1 update right? If it's acting weird you should do a SYNC reboot first (hold Vol - and >).

Av8tor

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Fusion Hybrid, MME GTPE
Occupation
Systems Engineer IOT
Country flag
To be clear you got the 3.2.1 update right? If it's acting weird you should do a SYNC reboot first (hold Vol - and >).
I had to reboot sync, phones would not delete, car play would not activate via wireless. Reboot, worked, infact the interface to the phones changed once I rebooted.

CarGuyBill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e GTPE - Bronco - Mustang Dark Horse
Occupation
Photographer
Country flag
Did the reset and no change in how Alexa displays. How do I see the software version?
Did the reset and some things changed like the Auto Hold has a link just below Drive Modes. But Alexa is still the same no extra menu just the one that wants me to set it up. Not sure of the software version not seeing it on the About Sync page is this the correct place to look for it?
Ford Mustang Mach-E Power-Up 3.2.1 SYNC Update 20220807_180345

OP
OP
Mach-Lee

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
Did the reset and no change in how Alexa displays. How do I see the software version?

Did the reset and some things changed like the Auto Hold has a link just below Drive Modes. But Alexa is still the same no extra menu just the one that wants me to set it up. Not sure of the software version not seeing it on the About Sync page is this the correct place to look for it?
Ford Mustang Mach-E Power-Up 3.2.1 SYNC Update 20220807_180345
You haven't got this 3.2.1 update so you can't disable the icon without signing in. I recommend you just ignore it until you get this update in a few months.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
I already have the Ford lady and Siri in my car, let's toss another gal in for good measure!
I would prefer a flesh and blood gal to a virtual one. Dark, curly hair, shiny almond shaped brown eyes, and a beautiful tail. Oh, and shiny white incisors! 🤪🐩

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
But no one ever answered what happens with the voice assistant button if you enable Alexa, except for one person who hadn't actually tried it.
Looks like the latest update lets you dismiss the icon without activating
Sponsored