GioVonGio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E4
Occupation
DOD
Country flag
great to read regular posts about new update versions. But, Ford, when do you plan to start to update European cars? We are still on 3.5.2 and nothing new coming in.

Ok, good. So i'm not the only one struggling here in Norway...
Sponsored

GioVonGio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E4
Occupation
DOD
Country flag
Interesting contributions from @Mike G @Mach-Lee and @Logal727 re possible reasons the J1 2021s haven’t received the Frunk button in FP or Sync.

This failure is certainly not consistent with any purported effort to achieve code parity.

The lack of a button in FP is inexplicable because all it should take is a server-side update. Nobody has been able to postulate as to what other update is necessary car-side to enable the FP button.

As for the SYNC button, Ford’s fear of updating certain modules OTA makes sense, but apparently they’ve previously updated the BCM module OTA? And at some point one update or another activated the door keypad method of opening the frunk, so why can’t an OTA update also add the button to SYNC?

Ford definitely knows about the issue.

So the only explanations are blatant neglect, or some technological hurdle that makes Ford leery of updating OTA.

The failure to enable the button server-side in FP points to blatant neglect.

@Ford Motor Company
THANK YOU!!!!

I'VE BEEN SCREAMING "BLATANT NEGLECT" FOR MONTHS NOW.

737flyer

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 BMW X 5, 2021 Mach E-Premium RWD Job 2
Occupation
Retired Airline Pilot
Country flag
Is 4.2.4 the latest update.

astrorob

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23MME GTPE, plug-in prius, 99 MBZ C43
Country flag
Have any late 22 builds received this yet?
11/7/22 build GTPE and no, last OTA i received was 4.2.2.2 on march 20th. maybe they haven't pushed this to 2023 models yet. i seemed to be about 3-4 weeks behind on 4.2.1 and 4.2.2.2 vs. when they were announced here.

the wikipedia narcs decided that the power up version page did not have good enough sources to meet the wikimedia standards, so they deleted it after some discussion. but it's now in GitHub as posts above are pointing to.

Mablanc

First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E Premium
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I am ready with my first feedback message - "frunk button please for 2021 EA ... especially since no one can answer if it will eventually happen."
I got the update a few days ago, but cannot record feedback and send it. Is this only available for Ford USA? I have a submit feedback button, but no means of adding details.

Sneezy

First Name
Sneezy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2000 Trans Am Firehawk, 21 Mach E Premium EXT.
Occupation
NRA Rifle Instructor
Country flag
Ford's programmer just suck.
Let's see, I have a specific time to update my car. Doesn't work. Updates when it damn well feels like it.
PAAK profile isn't working. I always have to select #1 for mine. The fob is tied to my wife's profile. I'm waiting on the 2nd key fob.
The display is flaky with everything it does. I have the dark theme selected. Sometimes the radio presets have a white background. When this happens, the presets are not mine, maybe from the guest profile? The shows my usual channel of 24 up top but the 80's have the music bars going. The same thing happens in all profiles with the radio presets.
Some days it takes a minute to load the presets and it just shows SDARS.

I really want to love this vehicle but I don't anymore. I can't take these crap software issues. Since it's not a "repair" option I don't think Lemon law applies.
I'm thinking of selling. I have had enough.
It's my fault for buying a first year again.

VegStang

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo C40 Recharge, 2021 MME
Occupation
Artist, animal rights activist
Country flag
Looking forward to getting to the current sw, just received 3.5.3 today- I've received 4 updates now in the last 7 days. It would be great if that nagging alexa icon at the top could be removed for those of us not enabling it in settings, guess that will be feedback #1.

mfbrown

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Prem, RWD, ER; 2023 MME Prem, RWD, ER
Country flag
But also some of those "bugs" may not be actual bugs like people think. I have not had any of the issues others have had with PAAK or CarPlay ect. Bug have to be reproducible over and over on every configuration to be a bug. Otherwise it can be an issue with something else in the environment. SYNC has been pretty stable for me.

Not to mention with every new feature, there are usually resolutions or known issues.
Bugs that are easily reproducible are much easier to debug, but intermittent bugs are "bugs" too. Intermittent bugs might be reproducible, but difficult to reproduce because the conditions that cause the bug are several and not obvious. Bugs might be hardware or software and sometimes one (software or hardware) can fix the other or sometimes both have to be fixed. It doesn't really matter; if something behaves in an unintended way; then it is likely a bug - regardless of the underlying cause.

Given the many revisions of these cars (even within the same model year), it is difficult to reproduce every situation. It is one of the reasons Ford asks for your VIN number (as they did of me when I pointed out that I was getting false alarms). They have to look up the specific build of the car based on the VIN. The fact that my '21 never has false alarms and my '23 has them all the time means there is a bug - hardware or software.

azerik

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Spacey Prem4x, '21 RX450H, 13 Focus EV
Occupation
DevSecOps, General PITA
Country flag
I caught the 4.2.4 on Friday. Nothing changed. Though with the lack of frunk button I did learn of the safety feature that you can't open the frunk via release lever unless you have the driver door open too. Maybe 1 too many pointy toed shoes opened the frunk on the way out of the car?

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
I caught the 4.2.4 on Friday. Nothing changed. Though with the lack of frunk button I did learn of the safety feature that you can't open the frunk via release lever unless you have the driver door open too. Maybe 1 too many pointy toed shoes opened the frunk on the way out of the car?
NHTSA probably requires that it’s impossible to fully release the hood while driving.

Northofnine

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E AWD ext Premium 2021 Job 1 non EA
Country flag
Hi.
I received 4.2.4 while driving home last evening.
fordpass can’t tell me what the update is.
the car says I received it.
guess the TCU isn’t communicating as it should.
I will have to go for a drive and see if that clears it up. Or maybe a fuse 11 reset.

C035EEE1-ADB7-4F0A-8238-25DECF85465B.jpeg

BC1B9C1A-4678-4845-8973-3453CF338124.jpeg