Billyk24

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford C-Max Energi, Premium Mach-E ordered
Country flag
Just received and installed 6.5.0 on Sunday. Interesting to learn such can happen on the weekend. Job 1, 2021 Mach E Premium
Sponsored

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
So I’m sitting on 24-PU0102-CHG-SUFX and the Update Details screen says “Not Completed”. Anyone figure out yet how to get these things to finish?

Just Lurking

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E GT
Country flag

SyNRG

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Explorer Sport & 2021 MME Select (SR) RWD
Occupation
Healthcare Data Analysis
Country flag
just received this morning = 24-PU0119-DC-CHG4

highland58

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT, 2023 Bolt EUV, 2018 F150 XLT
Occupation
IT Solutions Architect
Country flag
That's lower than I would expect for that much driving. Do you have any 12V accessories or anything hardwired to the car (e.g. a camera) that could be drawing power? If your EVSE is programmable you could also try reducing the amperage so they your car takes longer to charge.
Thank you for pointing that out! I have been charging at 48A on my chargepoint, but when I lower that to 24A, the 12V gets charged more. If I'm short on time or I need to charge the HVB quite a ways, I can push it back up to 48A, but for daily charging I will be using 24A most of the time, so that I can keep the 12V as charged as possible for any OTAs :D

RMoore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi Q5, Toyota Sienna, 2022 Mach e
Country flag
Thank you for pointing that out! I have been charging at 48A on my chargepoint, but when I lower that to 24A, the 12V gets charged more. If I'm short on time or I need to charge the HVB quite a ways, I can push it back up to 48A, but for daily charging I will be using 24A most of the time, so that I can keep the 12V as charged as possible for any OTAs :D
Your ChargePoint is switchable? I have the Homeflex and I thought the only way to switch was to call the company. Mine is on a 60A circuit and so is set for 48A.

highland58

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Solutions Architect
Country flag
Your ChargePoint is switchable? I have the Homeflex and I thought the only way to switch was to call the company. Mine is on a 60A circuit and so is set for 48A.
I have the same setup. Go to the Home tab in the chargepoint app and click on charge current limit, then click on the charge current drop down. Change the setting and click on save. You can even do that while you are charging. The company can change the max but then you can change it to anything lower than the max, anytime.

RMoore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I have the same setup. Go to the Home tab in the chargepoint app and click on charge current limit, then click on the charge current drop down. Change the setting and click on save. You can even do that while you are charging. The company can change the max but then you can change it to anything lower than the max, anytime.
Thanks, didn’t realize that. But I thought the general rule to protect the equipment was that the breaker shouldn’t be oversized (by more than 25%) for the current being drawn. I didn’t think the ChargePoint was intended to be downrated current-wise but maybe I misunderstood. Is it designed in a way that it is ok to do that? Their FAQ page lists a 40A breaker for charging at 32A.

highland58

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Solutions Architect
Country flag
Thanks, didn’t realize that. But I thought the general rule to protect the equipment was that the breaker shouldn’t be oversized (by more than 25%) for the current being drawn. I didn’t think the ChargePoint was intended to be downrated current-wise but maybe I misunderstood. Is it designed in a way that it is ok to do that? Their FAQ page lists a 40A breaker for charging at 32A.
You don't want to draw MORE than 48A on a 60A breaker, but I'm not aware that drawing less is a problem. The LEAF we had only used 32A I think, and it worked fine on the chargepoint. It's been years since my electronic technician days, but I don't remember that less is an issue.

RMoore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
You don't want to draw MORE than 48A on a 60A breaker, but I'm not aware that drawing less is a problem. The LEAF we had only used 32A I think, and it worked fine on the chargepoint. It's been years since my electronic technician days, but I don't remember that less is an issue.
My understanding is that unless the device is specifically designed to be downrated compared to the breaker amperage, it should not be run at lower amperage. But maybe the ChargePoint is fine for that since it can handle up to 48A. I think the idea is that if the breaker is rated much higher than the device is rated for, and the device for some reason pulls more current than it is supposed to but less than what the breaker is rated at, it may not trip the breaker and that current draw could generate too much heat in the device etc. But maybe others can chime in. There are lots of posts about this in the EVSE section.

ArthurDOB

First Name
Arthur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e Premium AWD STD Range (Delivered 5/22/23)
Occupation
High School Teacher
Country flag
@highland58 is correct. I have the same setup. You can lower it safely as he outlined.

CarGuy11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MachE4X Prem, 2020 GRSupra, 2016 Corvette Z51
Country flag
Just received and installed 6.5.0 on Sunday. Interesting to learn such can happen on the weekend. Job 1, 2021 Mach E Premium
6.5? That is a rare one!