hayzl313

First Name
Mel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium AWD Iconic Silver Mach-E
Country flag
UPDATE: car was towed on Saturday. Wait was long but the guy that came was great and knew what he was doing. Loaded up the car with no issues after giving the 12v a little juice so he could drive it up the flatbed. No damage done to the car. We got stuck in a little traffic so didn't make the service center in time before they closed but was able to still get the car on the lot to be seen today (closed Sundays). Get an alert today from dealer confirming my car is in the system. Everything kind of downhill from there. No updates on when car will be serviced so no ETA on return. I can live with that since this wasn't a planned appointment and it seems service centers from all dealers are backed up but I also haven't received a loaner. It was like I had to stalk the service advisor for updates only to be told at 5pm that a loaner is not likely today before they close at 6. I hardly drive during the week except a quick run here and there but this week I need a vehicle. I have to run around all week before I fly out for a funeral this weekend. What are the chances? Probably also more reason why I am frustrated is because now I am also grieving. Haven't heard from @Ford Motor Company rep handling my case in a few days. Just seems like poor service but, again, my situation changed during this process which is adding to my frustrations. a tad scorned but still love my Mach E. it was solid for a whole year before chaos lol

OP
OP
hayzl313

hayzl313

First Name
Mel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
another update: Heard back from my Ford rep and she is helping out so I am not going to be "stranded" until I get the car back. Don't want to only post the complaining but also the good stuff and kindness of anyone who replies or DMs with help. The day is ending off better than it started for sure. Stay tuned!

jammic

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E California Route 1
Country flag
Update from me: dropped my car off for service yesterday morning and it has been doing updates ever since. Hoping to get it back midday today. We’ll see what happens.

I do have to say @Ford Motor Company is doing a good job taking care of things, the rep from Dearborn checked in a bunch of times and they made sure I got a loaner.

jammic

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
another update: Heard back from my Ford rep and she is helping out so I am not going to be "stranded" until I get the car back. Don't want to only post the complaining but also the good stuff and kindness of anyone who replies or DMs with help. The day is ending off better than it started for sure. Stay tuned!
good luck and sorry for your loss.

hope that Ford can get you back on the road soon.

OP
OP
hayzl313

hayzl313

First Name
Mel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Update from me: dropped my car off for service yesterday morning and it has been doing updates ever since. Hoping to get it back midday today. We’ll see what happens.

I do have to say @Ford Motor Company is doing a good job taking care of things, the rep from Dearborn checked in a bunch of times and they made sure I got a loaner.
that's great news! even though it is a crappy situation my Ford Rep has been good as well. I am supposed to hear back from her on Friday and she has been talking with the dealership in between our chats. I only know that my car hood was opened via SecureAlert. No idea what they are doing with the car. The dealership has not contacted me. Fingers crossed you get yours back soon!

iankellogg

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus ES 300h, Red Mach E XR AWD
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Country flag
I had pretty much the same thing happen with my car, I was charging it on L1 power and got the battery high voltage error and stop safely now when trying to turn it on. Sounds like your dealer at least was much better with service than mine. I've heard almost nothing from my dealer even after calling. Still don't have the car 3 weeks later. Hope yours gets resolved quickly

OP
OP
hayzl313

hayzl313

First Name
Mel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I had pretty much the same thing happen with my car, I was charging it on L1 power and got the battery high voltage error and stop safely now when trying to turn it on. Sounds like your dealer at least was much better with service than mine. I've heard almost nothing from my dealer even after calling. Still don't have the car 3 weeks later. Hope yours gets resolved quickly
oh no! if @jammic gets their car back today there is hope for all of us. I'm glad you were not on the road when it happened. I got a charge fault on L1 but had plenty of battery and thought nothing of it before taking my son to swim class. In hindsight, not the best idea but at least the tow truck driver didnt have to get the car out of the garage for me 🤷‍♀️
hope you don't have to wait much longer. You should reach out to Ford if your dealer is unresponsive. They have been very helpful

OP
OP
hayzl313

hayzl313

First Name
Mel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Anyone else get the official recall alert? NHSTA site still shows 0 recalls for my VIN but good ole CARFAX just pinged me... yay... not surprised and I was already sure it was related to HVBJB issue everyone has been buzzing about 😭

Screenshot_20220616-131615.png

jammic

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Y’all my car has apparently been doing updates since it was brought into the shop yesterday morning around 8. Looks like we’re going on hour 28 now.
Ford extended my loaner rental through tomorrow. Curious if anyone of the FRDS users (or others) have experience with updates taking over a day? Seems excessive…

jammic

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Well, to close the loop, got my car back today, apparently they loaded all the software updates but didn’t get into the details. I’d need someone to check on it on FRDS to let me know exactly what was done.

I was pleased to see a nice wash and tire shine when I picked it up!

OP
OP
hayzl313

hayzl313

First Name
Mel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Well, to close the loop, got my car back today, apparently they loaded all the software updates but didn’t get into the details. I’d need someone to check on it on FRDS to let me know exactly what was done.

I was pleased to see a nice wash and tire shine when I picked it up!
That's great news! You are giving the rest of us hope lol... Have you gotten a recall notice on your car? Keep us posted if anyone with an FDRS account is able to give you the rundown

OP
OP
hayzl313

hayzl313

First Name
Mel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Guess who is getting their car back in time for the 3 day weekend? :)
Car is ready for pickup as of this morning...
I'll get the full rundown at pickup but Tech said there was a problem with one of the OTA updates. It updated incorrectly and never "turned off" so it was draining the 12V battery. It also seems like even though BlueCruise was installed and worked occasionally that also was not installed properly so they updated. I guess I have free BlueCruise for 11 months instead of a year... better thank nothing lol. Lastly, my car had the HVBJB recall and they wanted to take care of that so I won't have to go back. Hopefully I get more info on pickup and will share. I'm kind of nervous to do another OTA update if this is what happens though! it has been 3 weeks almost to the day

OP
OP
hayzl313

hayzl313

First Name
Mel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Probably the final update on this thread. I got the car back last Friday and everything seems to be working fine. I thought Bluecruise was broken but it finally kicked in on Monday on the George Washington Bridge (I was sure it worked on a few of my normal routes in NJ but I could be wrong so I'll have to zoom in to that BC map lol). Had to fix my auto close on driver's side window which was an easy fix found in the manual and good ole YouTube. My dealership does not clean the car so had to get a car wash. All in all I am back up and running and happy with the car just like before the chaos occurred.
Sponsored