Powertrain Malfunction / Reduced Power (P0C2A)

Gman18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT PE
Country flag
I dropped my car at the dealer today to look into the message I began receiving last week. My Mach-E has been running fine but the wrench didn't clear after the tech tried resetting the system. He ran diagnostics and found P0C2A, which I'm told is related to a rear transmission pump. Has anyone else had this specific error code and if so, did addressing that problem clear the powertrain malfunction? Also, how long did the dealer have to keep your car?
Sponsored

AKgrampy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Expedition, Ford F-150, Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I dropped my car at the dealer today to look into the message I began receiving last week. My Mach-E has been running fine but the wrench didn't clear after the tech tried resetting the system. He ran diagnostics and found P0C2A, which I'm told is related to a rear transmission pump. Has anyone else had this specific error code and if so, did addressing that problem clear the powertrain malfunction? Also, how long did the dealer have to keep your car?
I can’t specifically help you out but I am pretty sure I read another thread where someone had this issue. May be worth a search as, if I recall correctly, they may have had some challenges with the repair process (although I could be mistaken so I hope I am not raising anxiety levels)

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
P0C2A - Electric/Auxiliary Transmission Fluid Pump 'A' Motor Stalled

This likely means they will have to drop the rear motor, open it up, and replace the oil pump inside. The car should not be driven with a failed oil pump since this can cause drive unit failure from lack of lubrication and metal shavings. If you drove it a whole week with that message it might be toast already.

minjaep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 California Route 1 eAWD
Country flag
How did it go? I got exactly the same message, and I drove 2 weeks already before going to the service, as that was the earliest possible reservation.

I also got a call that they have to replace the oil pump. It was last Thursday, but they still didn't get the part that is on backorder, so I might need to wait a week more.

OP
OP

Gman18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I dropped off at the dealer on 4/17. They gave me a loaner a couple days later. So I'm thinking it will be a couple weeks.

OP
OP

Gman18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
UPDATE: I got my car back today. Two weeks for the repair wasn't too painful.

OP
OP

Gman18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I do have a question about Sync. I asked the dealer to update but there wasn't a change. From reading on the forum it seems I'm not up to date even though the screen says it is. How do I tell for sure?

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
I do have a question about Sync. I asked the dealer to update but there wasn't a change. From reading on the forum it seems I'm not up to date even though the screen says it is. How do I tell for sure?
If you have a Mustang Mach-E in the upper left corner, it's the old UI. If it's some bland icons of a house and a couple of dots in a square, then congratulations, it's the new UI.

If you have a button near the upper right to toggle the main content area between big and very big (and toggles between cards and labels below the main content area), it's the old UI. If that button's not available and the row below the main content is always slim labels instead of squarish cards, it's the new UI.
Sponsored