Premium Mach-E Scheduled

ARK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
And paying more for basically the same car, unless you ordered grabber blue, which was on the GT at the reveal, but is now an FE unique color.
The biggest benefit will probably come in the back end, I’d guess they are likely to sell for more in the future.
Sponsored

MailGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt Premier, Mini Cooper SE, Mustang Mach E FE
Country flag
The biggest benefit will probably come in the back end, I’d guess they are likely to sell for more in the future.
Maybe, if that's your angle. About the only thing that couldn't be duplicated after market though is the body color wheel wings based on current photos. Personally, I bought mine to drive and I'm ready to start.

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
My premium is a late May high reservation number - was expecting mid next year, so went after Mach Drop and have one confirmed - But if the Mach drop FE gets built late Dec and I wont get it in 2020 and dont benefit from tax credit, I might as well stick my IB Premium - and save $3600 bucks.

I quickly went through the days posts and dont seem to see many Mach Drop build dates - mostly seem to early Premiums

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
Independent of First Edition, it is clear that Ford is not scheduling by First Come First Served. People who walked into their dealer to start this process in October are getting their cars built before those who reserved last November and ordered in June.
Totally seems to be the case - or they have some logic that is not yet clear

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
As some members of the forum previously wondered out loud, maybe the FE is just being treated as a trim line when production is scheduled rather than as a "first to be produced" designation.
Perhaps you are right given that the FE does not even have a prominent badge (even Rt 1 gets one) other than the door sill which no one sees

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
And paying more for basically the same car, unless you ordered grabber blue, which was on the GT at the reveal, but is now an FE unique color.
I dont want to be pessimistic but yeah there is no reason they should be charging 3600 over the Premium trim if they cant even guarantee earlier deliveries - especially the Red and Grey colors are not even unique to the FE.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
In the original publication of rough dates, the First Editions and Premiums were said to start shipping worldwide in "late 2020", while the selects and route 1's were "early 2021". Covid shot that all to hell and I'm guessing that Ford is just scrambling with a messed up supply chain and delivery infrastructure.

Mach-E Delivery.jpg
Yes, I've expected that the Premium before other models part was shot back when Ford no longer was able to deliver EU/UK models at the same time as NA models.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Not sure what you are saying. Grabber Blue is still a GT color as well.

available_username2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cmax energi
Country flag
Ford is going to manufacture and ship in the most efficient way possible, and adhere to reservation/order order on top of that as much as possible. That is resulting in a swing of a few weeks plus or minus (unless maybe you ordered an unpopular trim)

I think the only thing that is guaranteed is that the first run will be first editions, and the first customer to get a car will be a first edition

methorian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Mini Cooper SE
Occupation
IT Admin
Country flag
Ford is going to manufacture and ship in the most efficient way possible, and adhere to reservation/order order on top of that as much as possible. That is resulting in a swing of a few weeks plus or minus (unless maybe you ordered an unpopular trim)

I think the only thing that is guaranteed is that the first run will be first editions, and the first customer to get a car will be a first edition
Many First Edition reservation/order holders have build dates at the end of December. It seems to me First Edition means nothing in regards to build date. The only thing that seems to really matter is location.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Agreed. In part, this is the interleaving of model variations to make the line run most efficiently. It also seems to come down to a "money talks" situation with big leasing companies like the Netherlands buyers getting theirs early. Remember, they converted long before we did.

Afraid not. There are going to be lots of cars produced ahead of the First Editions during the first run. We've already seen that in build dates.

Gimme_my_MME

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue First Edition Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Agreed. In part, this is the interleaving of model variations to make the line run most efficiently. It also seems to come down to a "money talks" situation with big leasing companies like the Netherlands buyers getting theirs early. Remember, they converted long before we did.

Afraid not. There are going to be lots of cars produced ahead of the First Editions during the first run. We've already seen that in build dates.
Just because they are built, does that mean they will ship out? I know the space around the plant has been examined but could it be possible that the non FE builds that are interwoven just sit longer and the FE's ship right away?
Obviously just conjecture

DaveRuns

Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag
Independent of First Edition, it is clear that Ford is not scheduling by First Come First Served. People who walked into their dealer to start this process in October are getting their cars built before those who reserved last November and ordered in June.
I've come to the decision that IF I can ever get ahold of my dealer, I'm just going to cancel my MachDrop First Edition Order (hell....not even 100% sure it went through anyways), and stick with my Premium ER RWD. The primary reason for the FE was that I thought I could get it before 2021 (tax reasons). The Premium will be built week of 14 Dec. Fine by me. Also, I'd much rather have the Infinite Blue than Carbonized Grey anyway. Wonder if I could change from RWD to AWD??

Last edited:

janitorjim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ford f150 2001, explorer xlt 2013
Country flag
I've come to the decision that IF I can ever get ahold of my dealer, I'm just going to cancel my MachDrop First Edition Order (hell....not even 100% sure it went through anyways), and stick with my Premium ER RWD. The primary reason for the FE was that I thought I could get it before 2021 (tax reasons). The Premium will be built week of 14 Dec. Fine by me. Also, I'd much rather have the Infinite Blue than Carbonized Grey anyway. Wonder if I could change from RWD to AWD??
suggest you wait on cancelling the machdrop until after your premium is delivered. Limits the excuses that the dealer says you requested the cancelling of the premium or that the dealer accidentally cancels the premium

OP
OP

OdellBretthamJr

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Escape, Mach E
Country flag
What do I do for the next two months lol
Sponsored