Premium Mach-E Scheduled

spazkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FE GB Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Reading about the FE's potentially being built after, or at the same time of the premiums.
I know, perhaps it was an assumption that First Editions would come sooner. But up here in Canada, I had to put $3,000 down to reserve the FE vs. $500 on premium. It made more sense when the FE wasn't just considered another 'trim' line.
Sponsored

solarmoo900

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MachE AWD ER
Country flag
Just got off the phone with my dealer, he said that he has build dates for all the premium models at his location except for mine. I was part of the MachDrop so he is thinking that is why. Said he would reach out to Ford for me to figure out if that is what is going on so either I'm hoping for a matching or better date for my FE if I'm going to pay the premium

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
I saw on ford’s website it said FE only recently.
Nope. Ford's website still offers Grabber Blue as a GT color.

KAustin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia Telluride
Country flag
Just because they are built, does that mean they will ship out? I know the space around the plant has been examined but could it be possible that the non FE builds that are interwoven just sit longer and the FE's ship right away?
Obviously just conjecture
Interesting comment. Being in Dearborn, do you have insight into your "conjecture"? I won't tell anyone.

Gimme_my_MME

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue First Edition Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Interesting comment. Being in Dearborn, do you have insight into your "conjecture"? I won't tell anyone.
Only if you promise to keep it a secret.

No, unfortunately I don't have any information and that was purely a conjecture of my own. Pretty much everything I know about the Mach E I find out from this forum.

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
Only if you promise to keep it a secret.

No, unfortunately I don't have any information and that was purely a conjecture of my own. Pretty much everything I know about the Mach E I find out from this forum.
From the bean counter perspective they would want them out the door ASAP so they can get their $$ ASAP.

jeffdawgfan

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang MachE AWD ER, 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie
Occupation
Retired Navy / Veterans Administration
Country flag
Have been going through the build date confirmations. One thing I have not seen is any build dates/VIN's for cars going to the Southeast.....Has anybody in the area of Georgia/Florida/Carolinas gotten a build date? I live just north of Atlanta and I know my dealership says they have seven MME's ordered. To my knowledge none have build dates yet.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
From the bean counter perspective they would want them out the door ASAP so they can get their $$ ASAP.
Yep. As my wife said, they're going to want to recognize as much revenue as possible this year since Q2 was so bad. I don't think they can recognize them as "sold" until the dealership takes possession.

Thevanin

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'09 Ford Focus, '78 Cadillac DeVille
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Country flag
Have been going through the build date confirmations. One thing I have not seen is any build dates/VIN's for cars going to the Southeast.....Has anybody in the area of Georgia/Florida/Carolinas gotten a build date? I live just north of Atlanta and I know my dealership says they have seven MME's ordered. To my knowledge none have build dates yet.

I'm in NC with a build date of 12/21 (Premium ER AWD). I've seen several people in VA with a 12/21 build date as well.

RonTCat

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E wannabuy
Country flag
Yep. As my wife said, they're going to want to recognize as much revenue as possible this year since Q2 was so bad. I don't think they can recognize them as "sold" until the dealership takes possession.
They are sold, and the buyer (dealership) has funds transferred to Ford, the instant they leave assembly plant property. It's the dealer that wants to get them to the customer, so they can get paid.

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
They are sold, and the buyer (dealership) has funds transferred to Ford, the instant they leave assembly plant property. It's the dealer that wants to get them to the customer, so they can get paid.
Either way there is strong motive to get them to the dealership ASAP.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Either way there is strong motive to get them to the dealership ASAP.
No, the motivation is to get them underway to the dealership ASAP; when they arrive is irrelevent

FPLiptak

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium ER AWD
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Independent of First Edition, it is clear that Ford is not scheduling by First Come First Served. People who walked into their dealer to start this process in October are getting their cars built before those who reserved last November and ordered in June.
Could it also have something to do with dealer priority, as in high volume dealers get their orders moved to the top of the list?

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Could it also have something to do with dealer priority, as in high volume dealers get their orders moved to the top of the list?
Maybe, but my dealer is a tiny one and my Rt1 is scheduled for dec 14th (nov 23rd reservation)
Sponsored