Problems with OEM Rear Tire Tread life after 9000 miles - Need replacement already!

dasmachE

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mache E Premium 2023 AWD - Extended range
Country flag
Hi, Reaching out to see if anyone else has had the same issues with excessive tire wear.

My 2023 Mach E Premium with eAWD and extended battery already needs its rear tires replaced.
Only 9000 miles and my front tires are fine, but rear tires already reached their wear limits.
Stock Micheline Primacy A/S 255/R19 103H

Dealer checked and alignment is fine, so much so that both tires have equally worn out
Rear camber does seem a bit tilted out

I use one pedal drive, and mainly drive highway in Whisper mode (75% of the time), with blue cruise on, so if its driving style causing this... well the car does most of the driving!

Anyone else have the same experience? Filed complaint with Ford to make sure there's nothing more seriously wrong.. .like them forgetting to plug in my front motor!
Left front and rear tire pictures for comparison

Thanks!
DasMachE

PXL_20240103_151542532 (1).jpg

PXL_20240103_151523922 (1).jpg

Scooby24

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME-GT Star White; '22 MME Prem AWD DGM
Occupation
Perioperative Revenue Manager
Country flag
Did the dealer align the car to call it in spec before the tire wear started? Their rack may be horribly out of alignment.

BB023

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach E
Country flag
agreed. The wear looks inconsistent. Itā€™s expected to see wear faster with high torque but it would be consistent wear on the tire.

for comparison, I burned through a set of summer Michelin pilot sports on my Cadillac ct5v in 10k miles and they had been rotated. The wear was also consistent.

something seems off in this case.

Mrn

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MMES
Occupation
Aviation
Country flag
My MME RWD rear tires at 10k were excellent and essentially indistinguishable from the front. Something is amis, unless you do a bunch of high speed right turnsšŸ˜Š

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E4X, 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Country flag
My MME RWD rear tires at 10k were excellent and essentially indistinguishable from the front. Something is amis, unless you do a bunch of high speed right turnsšŸ˜Š
Iā€™m at 30K and it looks like Iā€™m good for another 10. Same spec car.

OP
OP

dasmachE

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Yep, my dealer actually ran the car through their laser alignment guide
agreed. The wear looks inconsistent. Itā€™s expected to see wear faster with high torque but it would be consistent wear on the tire.

for comparison, I burned through a set of summer Michelin pilot sports on my Cadillac ct5v in 10k miles and they had been rotated. The wear was also consistent.

something seems off in this case.
agreed, my dealer ran it over their laser alignment tool driving the car into the shop and then said they checked it again it it was all good and aligned. Granted, when I picked up the car new, the steering wheel was out of the factory not aligned right! I'm pretty sure the outside edge wear is because the rear are slightly cambered out, so both tires have worn their outside edges more. Still I feel like its running on RWD all the time or something to cause this vs the front tires

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
Yep, my dealer actually ran the car through their laser alignment guide

agreed, my dealer ran it over their laser alignment tool driving the car into the shop and then said they checked it again it it was all good and aligned. Granted, when I picked up the car new, the steering wheel was out of the factory not aligned right! I'm pretty sure the outside edge wear is because the rear are slightly cambered out, so both tires have worn their outside edges more. Still I feel like its running on RWD all the time or something to cause this vs the front tires
If you floor it a lot they wear out quick.

flapjake314

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Select AWD
Country flag
doesn't sound right, as everyone is pointing out if it was just the RWD thing it would be more even. something is strange here

OP
OP

dasmachE

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Thanks All! I really think something is a amiss... even if I was a lead foot, I don't even have that much opportunity to burn rubber that would lead to this amount of treadwear...... Here's the right rear for comparison, same exact wear pattern. Going back to dealer today to get them replaced... lets see what they say

PXL_20240103_151450397.jpg

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Did you maintain the proper air pressure? I have close to 20,000 miles and no sign of needing replacement.

Why go to the dealership? However, if you do, know that Ford has a national policy of matching tire prices.

OP
OP

dasmachE

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Did you maintain the proper air pressure? I have close to 20,000 miles and no sign of needing replacement.

Why go to the dealership? However, if you do, know that Ford has a national policy of matching tire prices.
yep... air pressure the same front and rear........

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag

AngryMan

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
OLD 2021 Select , NEW 2023 GT...RED !
Occupation
Living the good life
Country flag
Anyone else have the same experience? Filed complaint with Ford to make sure there's nothing more seriously wrong.. .like them forgetting to plug in my front motor!
Left front and rear tire pictures for comparison

Thanks!
DasMachE

PXL_20240103_151523922 (1).jpg
Ok I know its not apples to apples but here's my rear tire at 8850 miles
Ford Mustang Mach-E Problems with OEM Rear Tire Tread life after 9000 miles - Need replacement already! 20240109_104507

Adventureboy

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME Premium AWD ER
Country flag
Do you have teenagers that drive once in a while?
  • Take it to an independent shop for an alignment check to verify
  • Ask your teenage drivers if they are doing donuts in the parking lot
  • Push Ford for a solution. This wear is NOT NORMAL even if only RWD you wouldn't wear the outside edge like that unless you are putting the car through some seriously extreme situations
I have 15k mi on my Premium AWD ER and all 4 tires look like your front tire and neither my wife nor I baby it. We like to drive.
Sponsored