Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 F150 Platinum, 18 Mustang GT PP2, 14 QX80
Occupation
Purchasing
Country flag
I plan on buying a second FOB for my MachE. I know with my F150, I can purchase another FOB and as long as I have both fobs in the vehicle, I can program the new one myself by a series of steps, sticking the fobs in the FOB Programming Slot, and bam I don't ja have to go to the dealer for programming. Just search the web for programming instructions. M

Screenshot_20210209-141124.jpg
Sponsored

OP
OP
Regularmache

Regularmache

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Purchasing
Country flag
Programming a MyKey is not the same as pairing a new key fob to the vehicle.
[/QUOTE/

No it's not, but the slot that is used, is also used to program an additional Fob. The mention of my key, waa just to show the location you place your Fobs during the procedure. I have 3 FOBs for the 150, and the programming steps after I bought the third FOB, that MY KEY location is used in the process. It's a fairly hidden location in most Ford Vehicles.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Okay, so what's the process? And does it require 2 fobs to program an additional fob?

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I found this on a Ford dealer's website. If this works on the MME, we should be able to pair a second fob ourselves. But it doesn't look like it uses the MyKey spot in the center console.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Purchasing and Programming another FOB 1612907589293

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
I found this on a Ford dealer's website. If this works on the MME, we should be able to pair a second fob ourselves. But it doesn't look like it uses the MyKey spot in the center console.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Purchasing and Programming another FOB 1612907589293
The description of OFF and RUn to me implies a hard metal key to insert and turn on ignition. Otherwise dont know how we would ensure the 8th time ends on RUN

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
The description of OFF and RUn to me implies a hard metal key to insert and turn on ignition. Otherwise dont know how we would ensure the 8th time ends on RUN
Yeah, I don’t think that applies to the MME. I did find instruction for pairing an aftermarket Ford fob that is more likely to work, and does use the MyKey spot, but it requires 2 fobs which we clearly won’t have.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Purchasing and Programming another FOB 1612909220557

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
Yeah, I don’t think that applies to the MME. I did find instruction for pairing an aftermarket Ford fob that is more likely to work, and does use the MyKey spot, but it requires 2 fobs which we clearly won’t have.

1612909220557.jpeg
Nice find but yeah we are still searching for the 2nd fob right. I dont know if the dealer will change a fee to do this if we order from the dealer. I dont even know when the MME fobs will be available in the wild. Dealers should be able to order first I think

mamejunkie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium Mach-E '21, Premium Mach-E '22
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
"...must have TWO previously programmed smart keys inside..." ?

Reactions: UW2
OP
OP
Regularmache

Regularmache

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Purchasing
Country flag
Our Mach arrives Friday, I've ordered a Key and will try. Spending 50-60k on a car so what's another Key. I will let you know if it works. The system scans for "Chips assigned" which would be two with most Ford's. Once it shows positive accountability, it allows the programming of a third. I would think the Mach E knows only on chip is assigned, and would allow programming, but if not I'm asking the Dealer to order me one. I have trouble not losing two keys, now I'm starting at one! ( Well, screen code and phone is three I guess technically!

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
Our Mach arrives Friday, I've ordered a Key and will try. Spending 50-60k on a car so what's another Key. I will let you know if it works. The system scans for "Chips assigned" which would be two with most Ford's. Once it shows positive accountability, it allows the programming of a third. I would think the Mach E knows only on chip is assigned, and would allow programming, but if not I'm asking the Dealer to order me one. I have trouble not losing two keys, now I'm starting at one! ( Well, screen code and phone is three I guess technically!
So were you able to order a MME key fob from your dealer?

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag