Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 F150 Platinum, 18 Mustang GT PP2, 14 QX80
Occupation
Purchasing
Country flag
Semantics again ? Based on reports here, nobody has actually received an over the air update that actually enables the electronic front trunk release from the screen, door keypad, or app. Some people have had a software update (and it’s unclear if this is a module update done by the dealer), that enabled the display of inactive front trunk release controls on the Sync 4A screen and/or the FordPass app. ?
Remember, we ask people like you about your experience with features like this and BlueCruise because we don’t have those features yet ?
Sponsored

Regularmache

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 F150 Platinum, 18 Mustang GT PP2, 14 QX80
Occupation
Purchasing
Country flag
It's lit up as of a 7-14 days ago, but pushing it just goes "beep" and lights up the entire row, but nothing pops!

IMG_20211025_182945.jpg

PA Bob

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium RWD SB
Country flag
I wonder why Ford didn't make the key pad codes rhyme with the function? 3-4 does the doors. 7-8 does the (lift) gate. No number rhymes with frunk. If they called the frunk a "frix,' we'd be in business.

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag

737flyer

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 BMW X 5, 2021 Mach E-Premium RWD Job 2
Occupation
Retired Airline Pilot
Country flag
Ok, so 7-8 opens the Frunk once the code has been entered. I’m waiting for my Mach E to be built, but I’m curious and was hoping someone can try this to confirm. 3-4 unlocks all doors and 5-6 opens the liftgate. If so, that is some seriously old school Ford tech that is still relevant (useful?) today. I can remember that trick from back in the 80’s on a Lincoln Towncar my grandparents owned. Naturally 7-8 didn’t do anything back then, but the fact that Ford added it on the Mach E as that button sort of leads me to believe that they have carried forward something that they started 30+ years ago.
Did you get all the codes to work?
3-4 works to unlock
7-8 works to open frunk
But I can’t get 5-6 to open the lift gate
Any help would be appreciated
12/6 build

robbinbadams

First Name
Robbin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
California Route 1
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Country flag
Sounds like a software update could fix this if Ford is on board.

JamesStew71

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
mustang mach e
Occupation
auto tech
Country flag
Confirmed it worked. I did my code then held 7-8
I had a wierd oddity happen. went to catch breakfast, unlocked with code and put it in twice - one of my numbers is a 7 but not 8.The frunk popped up . I tried and tried to recreate it. so I will try this. Question for the forum a glitch or did I possibly hit the magic numbers. I probably hit 7/8 and didnt notice. was not ready for it to open though.

Last edited:

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
I had a wierd oddity happen. went to catch breakfast, unlocked with code and put it in twice - one of my numbers is a 7 but not 8.The frunk popped up . I tried and tried to recreate it. so I will try this. Question for the forum a glitch or did I possibly hit the magic numbers
7 and 8 are the same button. If you hit that button after you enter your code, the frunk will pop.
Sponsored