Random question....front license plate bracket...

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
I am in CA and live in a town where the police will bust you for anything they deem to be an infraction. I asked my dealer via email to not install the front plate bracket. They did not install it. ???

I got my California-legal front license plate wrap in yesterday and installed it. Hoping that they do not abandon the pilot program. ???

91954FCE-0C6A-4F63-917E-15DBFFEF2E74.jpeg
Sponsored

AndyR

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E X
Country flag
Does Ford automatically install the front license plate bracket if it is on the Monroney sticker? I'm hoping that's not the case as I don't want it on as my state does not require it. My sales guy really wasn't sure.
I told my dealer to not install and I would not buy it if it was.

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
I told my dealer to not install and I would not buy it if it was.
They might take you up on that so they can add ADM and sell it to someone else.

810to310

First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Edge Limited, 2018 F-150 Limited, 2021 MME-FE
Country flag
Does Ford automatically install the front license plate bracket if it is on the Monroney sticker? I'm hoping that's not the case as I don't want it on as my state does not require it. My sales guy really wasn't sure.
The dealership installs it when it arrives-at least in CA. So call your dealership and tell them you do not want it installed. And keep calling your salesman and reminding them, especially the week that you are expecting it to arrive:) Even in states that don’t require a front plate, some dealerships put it on so they can put their ad on the front of your car ??

TTT

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
DMC-12, 75 Monza, 17 Volt, 22 MMe Prem. ordered
Occupation
Imagineer
Country flag

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
Same here: I got my car in NJ which also requires a front plate, but it came loose in the back and they didn't install it per my request. I also use the Sto-n-sho bracket. It looks much better than the standard bracket.
Any photos of the sto n sho installed?
Does it block the active grill shutters?

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Thank you. Looks too low for me here in Snow Town USA. I’ll keep waiting for the Craig’s Custom bracket to come back in stock.
I do worry more about curbs and I have scraped a few times. BTW you could pop it off when it is snowing. I always remove it when going through a car wash. It is so easy to do.

4sallypat

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 MME delivered May '23 + '22 Lightning July '22
Occupation
Network Tech
Country flag
I am in CA and live in a town where the police will bust you for anything they deem to be an infraction. I asked my dealer via email to not install the front plate bracket. They did not install it. ???

I got my California-legal front license plate wrap in yesterday and installed it. Hoping that they do not abandon the pilot program. ???

Ford Mustang Mach-E Random question....front license plate bracket... 91954FCE-0C6A-4F63-917E-15DBFFEF2E74
Love it!
Can you share where one can get this unique license plate ?

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag

Tngo23

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22-GTPE, Lexus GS350 F Sport, Porsche 911 SC
Occupation
Chilling
Country flag
I am in Northern CA and most states require a front license plate. As a retired LE......It was not a big deal while on patrol perhaps bc I am a Car guy and do not have front plates on any of my cars....

With that said, It also depends on the Dealership & their process of delivering new Cars.

All I needed to do was text my Salesman and told him these exact words.
"Please make sure you guys DO NOT install the front license plate no matter what"
If you do I will make sure the GM/Owner hear how disappointed I will be as a Customer on my Review with Ford and locally!

Worst case scenario, as soon as you get the notice your MME is delivered, Drive to the Dealership and Demand they don't add the front license plate in person. LOL

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
Yeah, I asked my dealership to not install the bracket. They get a lot of that type of request and had a form acknowledging that CA requires a front plate, absolving them of any responsibility for it not being installed, and indicating that I am accepting all responsibility. I had no problem with that since I planned on using the plate wrap pilot program all along. 😊🐩

I found it off that i never got pulled over for no front plate before i got the wrap, but I got pulled over 5 times in the first week after I installed the wrap. The town I live in is known for police officers being overzealous on pulling motorists over for the smallest thing. I guess word has gotten around the PD that my sticker is legal, because I haven’t been pulled over since that first week with the wrap. 😊🐩

4sallypat

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 MME delivered May '23 + '22 Lightning July '22
Occupation
Network Tech
Country flag
In CA - isn't it funny that every time I have purchased a car from the dealer, they made me fill out a half page form stating that the front license plate and bracket have been installed or provided to me before I drive it off the lot ??

Guess some dealers were getting hassled by customers w/o front plates or else the cops showed up?
Sponsored